It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PlayStation 4 hitting shelves on November 15th in the US for $399

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Mamatus
I grew up with video games. Grandma bought me the very first Pong game available to the home user. I am 48 and I still play video games (my favorite being America's Army) however, I play them on a PC, not on some over priced change it every two years game consul. I see no advantage to owning a XBOX or Playstation.

The husband and I are about the same age.. and he thinks about the same as you do. PC games are what he prefers, but has to have the best of the best gaming computers. Unfortunately I have some tech-head kids who not only MUST have PC games, but every darn console. My 2 oldest ( almost 20 and 15 yrs old) have actually had cat fights over the games and the 6 yr old solved minecraft ...and is now figuring ways to hack stuff in minecraft. I made a thread on it months ago. Couldnt believe what came out of her mouth!

I have discovered that computer geeking is a genetic anomaly... that they DID NOT inherit from me.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

I actually went to my local gamestop last week and tried to reserve the PS4, only to find out there not taking any more reservations. And not only that! But all the stores around here dont take any more reservations, I think the only place you may get a PS4 on launch day may be walmart or some store like target in that place nobody every goes to, and even then you may have to wake up and stand in line for hours then fight with other in line to get in first.

It's nucking redonculous, the thing comes out in a few weeks too, thought I would get it on day one if I could. I can wait, as there is really no game on launch that really makes me want to get one that desperately. In fact I know a guy who works security for walmart, big dude, maybe I can get him to get me in on launch day.

But again, nah! There is no game on launch day which will make me get up that early and jumble through crowds for it.

I think I can wait a few weeks or months. Especially seeing most of the games I would want to play are still a few months away from the PS4 launch day anyways.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

I spoke to someone at EG Games and they said they have about 300 pre-orders for PS4 (and about 30 for Xbox One) and it got me thinking: how many reservations will they take before they say it's too many? I guess I could have just asked at the time but I was focused more with obtaining a copy of GTA V.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Okay PS4 or XBOX ONE? I am leaning towards PS4 because I think it's slightly less of a NSA spy box in my living room...only slightly. And I pretty much don't trust Microsoft to make Xbox one last for a long time (remember the red rings!) Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent008

It's a tough decision. I don't trust either corporation when it comes to respecting the privacy of its customers and having their best interests at heart. I do think Microsoft has learned from the "red ring of death" fiasco and won't risk it happening again, though.

Both consoles have similar specifications and media capabilities, and are not astronomically different in terms of pricing. I think the choice really comes down to which console-specific (exclusive) games you like more - those to be offered on Xbox One or PS4.

Check out this article to find out which games are exclusive to each system.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Yes the exclusives are a one thing but..

PS4 is $100 cheaper than XBOX1.

PS4 Uses a GDDR5 and XBOX1 uses a GDDR3, which means, XBOX1 game developer might be okay now, but when games gets more complex in the future, with higher graphics, the GDDR3 will be a bottle neck, thus the developer are "limited" on what games they can produce for XBOX1, it might come to a point where XBOX1 might lose high end game developers.

A fast GDDR5 will be the desired option for developers. All the interesting cases for good anti-aliasing require a large amount of bandwidth and RAM.

Examiner

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Or third party studios could end up going with the least common denominator and develop for Xbox1 and "port" it to PS4. That means only first party PS4 games will use it's advantages while the rest are limited to Xbox1's capabilities.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I've only had the PS3 for 4 months because I got it cheap, I suppose i'll come back to this thread in 6 years and let you know what I think of it when I afford the PS4

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I was in the same situation when the X-box 360 came out. I never bothered to reserve one, and the day it came out all my friends got one, sticking it in my face, oh its so cool and stuff why dont you come over so you can watch me play it. So I went to the local stores only to find out there all sold out. I basically called and went to a bunch of stores for the past few days all around the area. Eventually I found a wallmart all the dam way a few counties over that had one. SO ya I drove my ass for what I think it was like a 4 hour straight drive going 90 to over 100 miles to get there in time before it sold out, or some other guy grabbed it, as the guy I talked on the phone said he would hold it for a few hours at most.

And then after I got it and happy times ensued....Freaking thing broke on me, I fixed it, some months later broke again, and it went on like that for a year or so ect ect. Eventually I said to hell with this # and got a PS3. Man those things were so cheaply made it still pisses me off if I think about it. Freaking Microsoft cheep ass company, they should stick to making software.

I am not going to bother or go through the same thing with the PS4. And its freaking ridiculous, the way there selling out compared to the new X-box one's. This time I think I will wait and not bother with all the lines or hoopla. Besides like I said most games for it are not coming out a few months after launch.
edit on 9-10-2013 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I pre ordered 3 ps4 systems, one for me and 2 for ebay.
I will be banking some cash for sure.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

benrl

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
Another headline I came across to add here...

PlayStation 4 adds Twitch as livestreaming partner, service 'likely' available at launch

What is twitch? I guess I have to surrender my gamer credentials after a couple years of little more than the most casual running around in Just Cause 2 and Far Cry 3 type stuff... I feel like I'm asking something I ought to know. lol

I dont get the social sharing of gaming vids... Its not even like showing someone a vid of a nice golf shot you made, its showing you play a video game...

Thats what twitch is, sharing brag clips, I don't get it either...

I used to work for Microsoft, For the Xbox division at the launch of the last xboxs, my life was HALO, even helped set up regional tournaments for them for marketing..

Im in my 30's and I can "pwn" most on Halo, I've killed people in impressive ways, it was enough, don't need to tea bag them and send them a video of said t-bag afterward.

--
Pfffffff.

I'd like to put that to the test. *slaps benrl across the face with a hairy scrotum made glove* will you accept?

I guess you can say that I'm pretty arrogant about my Halo skillz after all, I pwn all.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I will be buying it in December, the main game I was stoked for has been delayed for Q1 2014, that was watchdog. battlefield 4, is not phenominal according to the reviews I am hearing for ps4 from ign, and other game sites.. So what that means is, the graphics are not something for me to go buy a new ps4 in November. I am not a killzone fan either so not really interested enough to buy the ps4 next month for that.. Assassins creed 4 or whatever I dont care. I am going to wait to buy the ps4, 400 dollars is not that bad, to get up to date on the video game blu-ray player entertainment center, it will pay for itself over the years....

edit on b412013-10-26T22:41:13-05:00America/Chicago103176 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join