It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PlayStation 4 hitting shelves on November 15th in the US for $399

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Parents beware! You are expected to shell out the above and full amount without complaint and while showing a smile. You're expected to stand in line in the wee hours of the morning if necessary, do gladiator style combat over the sale display and behave like a berserker in full rage, making your way to the check-out while dodging others trying to take your prize before you've gotten away with it.

Your kids will insure you've been properly reminded of the expectations above, trust me.

At today's Gamescom 2013 press event, the electronic's giant revealed that the PS4 will hit shelves on November 15th in the US. On that day you'll be able to run out and grab one for $399 and immediately start waving your yellow tentacles in Octodad. Europe will follow shortly afterwards (with a €399 or £349 price point) on November 29th. In total Sony expects to launch the PS4 in 32 countries before the end of the holiday season.
Source

It's only mid August, but let the games begin for the battle plans and advanced preparation to take to the field, face the clerks and other combatants (err.. parents) to insure your house emerges victorous with the spoils, first and best!

So whose up for a new game console?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Pfffft parents.

Adult man children everywhere start requesting your days off to coincide.

It is a dance I have done since Atari 2600, and it is one I am well familiar with, I say bring it.

Console and gadget budget are ready for the hit of Xbox one and ps4, A true gamer knows when console time is coming and prepares accordingly.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Day one buy for me. Been a gamer since the SNES days, so I'm definitely looking forward to this.

My PS4 and BF4 make a perfect combination.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Time for the Conspiracies to start ... . .. ..

I heard that the NSA was in Bed With Sony and Her GirlFriend.

They have Chucked Up some Chips between them that does some recording stuff.

They can retrieve the Data from your system by simply using the Key Phrase. . "Check Email".

Now go Boys and Girls Bring your Wallet those Systems are More Than Ready To Make Your Acquaintance.

Thanks for Supporting the NSA .. … .

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Another headline I came across to add here...

PlayStation 4 adds Twitch as livestreaming partner, service 'likely' available at launch

What is twitch? I guess I have to surrender my gamer credentials after a couple years of little more than the most casual running around in Just Cause 2 and Far Cry 3 type stuff... I feel like I'm asking something I ought to know. lol

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The 15th in the US and the 29th in Europe that's a big gap why not release everywhere on the same day or at least 1 or 2 days difference not 2 weeks difference

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KILLERCODE

I think someone could Capitalize from that.

Buy a Bunch in the U.S. and then Fly abroad and Sell them.

Talk about a quick buck.

Keep your Eye on Ebay.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
Another headline I came across to add here...

PlayStation 4 adds Twitch as livestreaming partner, service 'likely' available at launch

What is twitch? I guess I have to surrender my gamer credentials after a couple years of little more than the most casual running around in Just Cause 2 and Far Cry 3 type stuff... I feel like I'm asking something I ought to know. lol

I dont get the social sharing of gaming vids... Its not even like showing someone a vid of a nice golf shot you made, its showing you play a video game...

Thats what twitch is, sharing brag clips, I don't get it either...

I used to work for Microsoft, For the Xbox division at the launch of the last xboxs, my life was HALO, even helped set up regional tournaments for them for marketing..

Im in my 30's and I can "pwn" most on Halo, I've killed people in impressive ways, it was enough, don't need to tea bag them and send them a video of said t-bag afterward.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
PS4 all the way for me but I usually wait a bit after they are released. Generally a good 6 months but we'll have to see. I'm pumped about this but not real eager as I'm not that hardcore of a gamer. Just play Black Ops.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
PS4 all the way for me but I usually wait a bit after they are released. Generally a good 6 months but we'll have to see. I'm pumped about this but not real eager as I'm not that hardcore of a gamer. Just play Black Ops.

I do have to add, this is the most luke warm I have been for a console launch that I can remember, I am getting both, I am just kinda lackluster about it.

Don't see any "killer" title yet I guess.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I wouldnt take this government spy box for free.

Let alone wait in a friggin line!!!!

edit on 20-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Infamous, Killzone, Knack, Titanfall, Destiny, BF4... Those are just a few off the top of my head. I think this is the most "pumped" I've been for new consoles in a while personally.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by benrl

Infamous, Killzone, Knack, Titanfall, Destiny, BF4... Those are just a few off the top of my head. I think this is the most "pumped" I've been for new consoles in a while personally.

Infamous, Titanfall, Destiny, NOT launch titles, Infamous MIGHT be. So again whats coming out doesn't do it for me,

Destiny when released will be a must have.

I am thinking this generation might be the watershed moment where PC gaming and Console are indistinguishable from one another.

Hopefully that will be beneficial for all parties involved.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

I wouldnt take this government spy box for free.

Let alone wait in a friggin line!!!!

edit on 20-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

AT this point, the Government has my IP, and all my ATS postings, I aint worried.

Nothing about my gaming habits will compare to the above, a smart consumer can protect themselves from such with a power strip that you click off when you are done playing.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I grew up with video games. Grandma bought me the very first Pong game available to the home user. I am 48 and I still play video games (my favorite being America's Army) however, I play them on a PC, not on some over priced change it every two years game consul. I see no advantage to owning a XBOX or Playstation.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Looks like we will have to wait 14 days later for it to hit shelves in Australia.

Sony reveals PlayStation 4 release date is November 29 in Australia

I am VERY curious about Microsoft's response to this announcement and predict they will announce a release date for Xbox One very soon.

It will be interesting to see the Playstation 4 vs. Xbox One war unfold, as both consoles appear to have similar specs and are not too different in pricing.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Mamatus
I grew up with video games. Grandma bought me the very first Pong game available to the home user. I am 48 and I still play video games (my favorite being America's Army) however, I play them on a PC, not on some over priced change it every two years game consul. I see no advantage to owning a XBOX or Playstation.

Xbox 360 was released on November 22, 2005 in the US. If my calculations are correct that is a bit more than 2 years. In fact somewhere around 8. I can absolutely guarantee that you have spent way more upgrading or in fact replacing components (or whole rig) on your PC than I have spent on hardware for the Xbox 360. I used to be a PC gamer, but I no longer find enjoyment of replacing the components constantly.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
i'm waiting 6 months to get a PS4, when bugs and stuff are sorted out.

Own; NES, SNES, N64, PS, PS2, PS3

.... i never understood the idea behind getting it on the release... Okay you are going to play 1-2 days before me... whoopee! even if it is sold out, i can wait.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Man, all boards and social sites nowadays have its fair share of monotonous 4chan influence going on. I miss the days when ATS was more underground, and having 4chaners around was as likely as seeing a crocodile in Antartica (Yea yea, haters gonna hate, right?). W/e.

Can't wait to play my brand new PS4, whenever I get one. I most likely won't get one on launch, due to the insane popularity of the PS4. But I'll get one following next year for sure (=

Can't wait to try out Infamous SS, Killzone Shadow Fall, DriveClub and The Order 1886 (whenever the ass that comes out). Besides those I'm dying in anticipation for Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica's next games!

edit on 8-10-2013 by ZikhaN because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

wrabbit2000
Parents beware! You are expected to shell out the above and full amount without complaint and while showing a smile. You're expected to stand in line in the wee hours of the morning if necessary, do gladiator style combat over the sale display and behave like a berserker in full rage, making your way to the check-out while dodging others trying to take your prize before you've gotten away with it.

Your kids will insure you've been properly reminded of the expectations above, trust me.

Or if you are smart....you preorder it in plenty of time for it to be delivered direct to your door on the day of release, with a couple of preodered titles

The only gladiator move I will do on the day is fending my kids off while I get a go first!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join