It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This the Coolest Airline in the World ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I just received this email from my sister about low-cost South-African airline Kulula and thought I'd share , surely this is the coolest airline in the world .

Check out their new livery! And have a read about their Customer Relations. Hard to believe that this is an actual Airline.

My favorite ...

Kulula is an Airline with head office situated in Johannesburg . Kulula airline attendants make an effort to make the in-flight "safety lecture" and announcements a bit more entertaining.

Here are some real examples that have been heard or reported:
On a flight with a very "senior" flight attendant crew, the pilot said,
"Ladies and gentlemen, we've reached cruising altitude and will be turning down the cabin lights. This is for your comfort and to enhance the appearance of your flight attendants.”

---o0o---
"There may be 50 ways to leave your lover, but there are only 4 ways out of this airplane.”

---o0o---
"In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, masks will descend from the ceiling. Stop screaming, grab the mask, and pull it over your face. If you have a small child travelling with you, secure your mask before assisting with theirs. If you are travelling with more than one small child, pick your favorite.”

---o0o---

"Weather at our destination is 50 degrees with some broken clouds, but we'll try to have them fixed before we arrive. Thank you, and remember, nobody loves you, or your money, more than Kulula Airlines.”

---o0o---

"Your seats cushions can be used for flotation; and in the event of an emergency water landing, please paddle to shore and take them with our compliments.

---o0o---
"As you exit the plane, make sure to gather all of your belongings. Anything left behind will be distributed evenly among the flight attendants. Please do not leave children or spouses.”

---o0o---

And from the pilot during his welcome message:
"Kulula Airlines is pleased to announce that we have some of the best flight attendants in the industry. Unfortunately, none of them are on this flight

---o0o ---

Heard on Kulula 255 just after a very hard landing in Cape Town : The flight attendant came on the intercom and said, "That was quite a bump and I know what y'all are thinking. I'm here to tell you it wasn't the airline's fault, it wasn't the pilot's fault, it wasn't the flight attendant's fault, it was the asphalt.”

---o0o ---

After a real crusher of a landing in Johannesburg , the attendant came on with, "Ladies and Gentlemen, please remain in your seats until Captain Crash and the Crew have brought the aircraft to a screeching halt against the gate. And, once the tire smoke has cleared and the warning bells are silenced, we will open the door and you can pick your way through the wreckage to the terminal.

---o0o ---

Heard on a Kulula flight:
"Ladies and gentlemen, if you wish to smoke, the smoking section on this airplane is on the wing.. If you can light 'em, you can smoke 'em.”

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did , thank you Kulula Airlines

edit on 20-8-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

just as long as ryanair doesn't have shares in em, they are ok

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
My favorite comment was from an Australian airline after the plane had landed with a few bounces, when the flight attendant went on the intercom and announced that "At this time we request that all passengers remain in their seats or pouches while Kaptain Kangaroo bounces us across to the arrival gate".

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I have heard all of those quips attributed to other airlines. Still funny though.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Only if our green airline would do international, not local only.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I always fly Kulula when I visit the in laws

It's always fun to fly with them and their customer service is outstanding. It's brilliant, professional with a touch of fun
Highly recommended

Cody

new topics

top topics

join