It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting prompts evacuation of DeKalb County elementary school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Shooting prompts evacuation of DeKalb County elementary school

www.therepublic.com

DECATUR, Georgia — Authorities in DeKalb County are responding to a report of an active shooter at an elementary school.

Television footage from local outlets showed that students had been evacuated from Ronald E. McNair Discovery Learning Academy and were sitting outside in a field Tuesday afternoon.

DeKalb County School Board Chairman Melvin Johnson told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution (http://(link tracking not allowed)/16t14iF) there were reports of shots being fired inside the building.

Information on whether anyone was injured was not immediately available. A call to DeKalb County police was not
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.zerohedge.com

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Uh oh... What nut cases (or false flag planners) target Elementary schools? Please have the courtesy to select something else less vile.

Our prayers are with the families who are suffering from this insanity as the receive calls of concern... blessings.

It is not clear yet what is going on.... but ATS should know..

Looks like I have been scooped by 2 minutes...
please remove ... mods...ty

www.therepublic.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-8-2013 by R_Clark because: removal

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I cant imagine there would be so many nutcases shooting up schools.

It reeks of an anti gun agenda. Since the Gun Free Zones have been working so well.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
here we go again.

but then again who doesn't expect a few false flags or real nut jobs in a society as sick and vile as ours has become.

hope everyone makes it home alright.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Odd. I heard about this story early this afternoon. When they were covering it, they said they had one man in custody, possibly looking for a second person involved. They reported people heard shots fired, but it appeared there were no injuries after a guy with a gun walked into the school and said he didn't want to hurt anyone but wanted to talk to the police. After that, this story completely disappeared from the media. Haven't heard anything about it on any of the three news channels I've flipped between throughout the day.

new topics

top topics

join