It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK model converts to Islam says "her body is for her husband's eyes only".

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Why a Former Model Is Covering Up for Love.

A British model and mom is ditching her life of posing in lingerie for one of modesty and obedience as a Muslim wife, said U.K. reports on Monday.

“He accepts that [glamour modeling] is what I do and doesn’t try to change me. But he says once we are married my body is for his eyes only.”

Her body is for her husband's eyes only? Is she nuts?

A wife or gf is supposed to pose for nude pics that we can post online.

And unless shes really crazy, she should also swing with other men and women.

Obviously I'm being sarcastic but hey, if it makes them happy, good for them I guess.

edit on 20-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Looks like someone who found Religion and it's a positive influence. Why look for negative and bad things?

I know..we're Western. We're supposed to say 'Islam? ewwww.... Terrorist scum!' .. Umm.. except over a billion of them aren't and if it makes her happy within her family? More power to her, are my thoughts. I hope it works as she expects.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Nobody is "supposed" to do anything. Everyone is free to do whatever the hell they want.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well there's plenty of almost nudes of her floating around as is... The cynic in me looks at this like the "finding Jesus" pre-trial situation.

Its a UK model, and guess what I would never of heard of her unless this story happened, Wait for her next "en-devour" what ever it may be to get a bunch of free publicity.

OR she may have found a genuine philosophy that matches her life, which ever is more plausible.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Good luck with getting a sweet burka -modeling contract.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
her body is for his eyes only once he starts beating the crap out her in a traditional Islamic way then covering it up with a bed sheet.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Huge step, none of my business, life changes, methinks this lady will miss what she was doing more than her audience... life at that point can cause unrest....

but...
if this is her free choice, and her hearts wish... who am I to advise??
I can't help thinking I could have saved a lot of typing here had I been more brief
tell someone who cares

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

“He accepts that [glamour modeling] is what I do and doesn’t try to change me. But he says once we are married my body is for his eyes only.”

It's a shame. It's her body, not his. What a "positive influence" that religion.

edit on 20-8-2013 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It is a woman showing the utmost respect for her husband's beliefs, which is admirable.

Essentially, she wants to be him him as his wife, in order to do so, she must forsake her particular line of work, and she has chosen to do so. If he can take care of her, and give her the life that she wants, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with what she is doing.

These are religious laws that she is taking upon herself knowingly, there's no oppression in this instance, if that is the case.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne

It's a shame. It's her body, not his. What a "positive influence" that religion.

edit on 20-8-2013 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

Yeah but on the same token when you get married, issues on body can get blurry in general.

Yeah its her body, but if she went from model to coach potato, the husband might complain.

OR if its the Man who was fit and decided not to be, than once again the wife might have a problem.

The idea that with marriage you are no longer only beholden to yourself is older than any religion.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

I agree with you. A lot of people are not knowledgeable about other cultures and usually expect the worse. People need to find happiness in their lives.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
A friend of mine since highschool married a muslim man from Marocco, moved to his husbands country. She was cut off from his parents and siblings totally. Her parents tried to call her and write to her but all calls were denied and letters never reached her. They even called the embassy and they told that she is alive and lives with her husbands family. For 4 years they didn´t hear from her at all and suddently one day she was behind their door and came home. She run away with her 2 children.

The life as a muslim wife was not what she was expecting, she was constantly beated and kicked, not only by her husband but also by the whole family there. She was treated like a slave.

I hope this woman have thought this issue through very carefully. She is an adult and its her decision what comes to her. What worries me is that she is taking her small daughter with her to live in foreign country and culture a way different what we are used to in western world. .. She should make a backup plan if things do not go well.

Good Luck..

edit on 20-8-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Is she nuts?

She's going through a phase.
She'll wake up in a few of years and think ... OMG, what the hell did I do?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Yeah, but does she do dishes?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Actually, most religions have modesty codes for women, that their bodies are for their husbands eyes only.
She could have just as well converted to Christianity or Judaism and stated the same thing.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n

Actually, most religions have modesty codes for women, that their bodies are for their husbands eyes only.
She could have just as well converted to Christianity or Judaism and stated the same thing.

I think a key difference is that, under Christianity or Judaism, it is up to the male to "keep their hands off", Islam seems to teach that men are incapable of that, so it is up to the woman to be unappealing.

This attitude is, effectively, the same as the argument that a woman who dresses in a certain fashion, and is subsequently raped, "asked for it," which I think most civilized people would say is repugnant.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Why a Former Model Is Covering Up for Love.

A British model and mom is ditching her life of posing in lingerie for one of modesty and obedience as a Muslim wife, said U.K. reports on Monday.

Her body is for her husband's eyes only? Is she nuts?

A wife or gf is supposed to pose for nude pics that we can post online.

And unless shes really crazy, she should also swing with other men and women.

Obviously I'm being sarcastic but hey, if it makes them happy, good for them I guess.

edit on 20-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

This is belief that has bothered me for some time now. Here in the Midwest USA it gets hot and muggy the Muslim guys are running around wearing shorts, sandals, and polo shirts, while at the same time they have their wife’s decked out head to toe in what appears to be a heavy garment material with several layers. So in my opinion if she is for his eyes only and must dress accordantly then he should be for her eyes only and required to dress the same way. But this will not happen.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Lets hope she doesn't try to join in singing with her husband........(WARNING GRAPHIC)

Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. Surely God is most high.

Qur'an 4:34

Religion of peace indeed...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

edit on 22-8-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join