It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plasma donation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I might be over paranoid but would you guys trust the government with your blood and plasma?

I need $ and want to donate plasma and I'm sure that The Man has acquired my DNA long ago; but would it be a good idea for me to give them my plasma, especially if they have their Eye on me?

I mean; they could put your blood at a murder scene or like study and f*ck with your DNA and all other kinds of ill sh*t.

What da y'all think?

Peace

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 01:51 AM
link   
What organization are you thinking of donating to? The Red Cross, a local hospital, blood bank???

Also, if you are doing this for money, that is not a good idea. I just have a hard time with the concept of selling body parts or fluids for profit (I may just be wierd with this feeling though)

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I just have a hard time with the concept of selling body parts or fluids for profit (I may just be wierd with this feeling though)

You're not weird. I feel the same way.

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I see what you're saying but I've justified it to myself because plasma/blood are easily regenerated in a short period of time(as far as I know).

It's not the Red Cross(which is directly Masonically controlled) and wouldn't any plasma center be somehow related to the government?

Also; will they even take your plasma if they find some of that good ol' herb in your system?

Thanks guys.

Peace

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I wouldnt donate plasma...not at all. I don't think that it is secure enough...but than again

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Hey Budda

If it helps....i'm a blood doner!

My blood group is O-Neg which is only 5% of scotland and can be given to anyone who needs it!

The only problem with plasma donation is that plasma takes slightly longer to regenerate in your system and not all donations are used for treatment. Some are used for testing and other experiments, while some just are thrown away after seven days in the freezer!!

Have a good think about it?

If you want...u2u me and let me know where you live and i can find out if your area has an Offical Blood Bank or plasma donation center in the hospitals!

Just find out the details before jumping into it!

Gryffen

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Actually, plasma donation can be made at closer intervals than can blood donations because the platlets are left behind. I know someone with a private company who screens plasma doners. No weed use, no piercings or tats for the last year. No incarcerations longer than 72 hours in the last year. No trips to Asia or Europe, Africa in the last 7 years. among a whole other slew of no nos before they take your plasma.

Blood donations every 56 days.

Plasma up to 3 times weekly.

[Edited on 19-5-2003 by astrocreep]

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
it's not a very pleasant procedure, either...but as was mentioned, the "man" has your DNA by now, so that concern is rather moot....

I have no problem selling body parts/fluids for money. I never have, but the way I see it, you're getting compensated for your time, and discomfort, in exchange for something they need....no problem there.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Peace

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
If you were ever in the military, most likely, they have your DNA already anyway.

I would sell body parts and fluids for money, if i was in dire need. I dont care tho, the gov already has my DNA anyway.

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 03:13 AM
link   
How, how much and how long does donating blood/plasma weaken you? Anyone?

ONE

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Can anyone move this to the Medical Science section?

Please?

ONE

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
and I've donated over a gallon of blood. I also worked for a major metropolitan police department for nine years.

First off, selling plasma will not give the PD the ability to plant DNA evidence of you at a crime scene. If you were wounded during a crime, you leak blood, not plasma. Plasma is only gotten after drawn blood is taken through a centrifuge process. The tubing and such used in the "donation" process is all disposed of as biohazard material and is not labeled. Furthermore, the tubing etc. is flushed because they pump saline back into you to make up for the volume of plasma extracted, so the tubing is effectively cleaned before you are disconnected and can leave.

The entire process takes 2-3 hours per donation. The place I sell at allows two donations per week and you can donate every other day. If you donate with one day seperating, let's say Wednesday and Friday, you can't donate until the following Wednesday. If you do Tuesday/Friday, you can donate Monday or later. I try to keep two days between donations to keep good flexibility for the following week.

As far as weakness after donating plasma, I'd have to say not really. There's a 15-30 minute wait after the last blood is reinfused back into you, during that time they pump in the saline and pull out the needle which adds 10 minutes to make sure the puncture site clots properly and doesn't leak all over your clothing. Generally I walk over to 7-11 and get a soda and candy bar afterwards, I have had slight lightheadedness, but it passed very quickly.

The amount of plasma that they extract depends entirely on your body weight. I weigh about 210, and they take around 875ml from me which I think is their max. The cutoff for that amount is around 150 lbs I think. Most women, regardless of weight, have much less extracted and it takes them less time.

The important thing is to have plenty to drink and to eat well before going, allow time for the digestive process to be well underway because your blood pressure, temperature, and pulse have to be at reasonable levels: pulse and temp have to be under 100 or you're deferred.

I have seen people get ill during the process, I don't know if they didn't eat enough or what. I also saw a guy get shut down because the machine knew he was dehydrated and didn't have enough water in him.

Giving blood is different. They extract a full pint from you in one continuous process. Nothing is reinfused back into you, so you are a pint low. Yes, you're a little weak afterwards, and you're advised to eat a good meal and avoid strenuous activity and alcohol for the next 24 hours.

As far as planting donated blood at a crime scene, I don't think it would work. I am not a lawyer or crime scene investigator, but there will be a major difference in the oxygen level between freshly spilled blood and something poured out of a sample phial.

There is also platelet donation which is similar to plasma harvesting, I haven't done this but apparently they hook up both arms to the equipment. But I think it's largely the same, in that blood is extracted, centrifuged to take out the platelets, then the remaining blood is reinfused back into you.

And I have no problem selling plasma as I've been unemployed for almost 2.5 years and it's about the only cash I make. When I was working I was a regular blood donor and plan to be again when I start working.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
how much money do they pay per plasma donation?

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I'm not proud of it, but I've done it twice a week for
5 years now.
I've never had a reaction or anything negative happen.
Our plasma center here pays 30.00 to new donors
on their first donation. It takes longer the first time
cause you have to be screened by a nurse and get
a physical. They won't take you if you have any
cronic health problems. It takes about 3 hrs to
complete the process the first time. Then it goes
down to 2 hrs on the next donations.
I get 15.00 for the first donation of the week and
30.00 for the second.
The only thing I hate about it is the enormous holes
that you develop in each arm after about a year or so.
I would'nt recomend it long team if you don want
unsightly craters in your arms.

CHET

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
how much does the process hurt, if at all? I pressume you go to a hostpital to have it done, how do you find out which ones do it and I hope they don't use the plasma to do research like Umbrella corp. in resident evil!

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 01:36 AM
link   
but you'll find it depends on the person doing it. I always dread this one particular woman because it always hurts when she does it. Also you need to keep your arm pretty much motionless during the process except for flexing your hand to keep your blood pressure up.

As far as money, I get $20 per visit with a $7 bonus if I get in twice a week. Because I'm on the tetanus program, I get a $1 bonus the first donation of the month for every donation I made in the previous month, it amounted to $10 last Monday, so last week was a $57 week.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by fortean
I'm not proud of it, but I've done it twice a week for
5 years now.
I've never had a reaction or anything negative happen.
Our plasma center here pays 30.00 to new donors
on their first donation. It takes longer the first time
cause you have to be screened by a nurse and get
a physical. They won't take you if you have any
cronic health problems. It takes about 3 hrs to
complete the process the first time. Then it goes
down to 2 hrs on the next donations.
I get 15.00 for the first donation of the week and
30.00 for the second.
The only thing I hate about it is the enormous holes
that you develop in each arm after about a year or so.
I would'nt recomend it long team if you don want
unsightly craters in your arms.

CHET

I could only bleed good out of one arm, so I only have one unsightly crater.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Also; will they even take your plasma if they find some of that good ol' herb in your system?

Thanks guys.

Peace

Not a problem with good ol' herb and most others. Heroin/crack are the only ones i am not sure of.

top topics

join