It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient wall in Israel matches up with Bible's tale of Assyrian attack

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
reply to post by Spider879

If so (I admit ignorance on this subject) what's the big deal that it was included in the bible?

Simple attention getter, it makes for a great head line and most Americans can relate to the bible.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Think the story has to do with staying out of a war, which is peace, which is what this world needs. Cool by me if it's cool with you. Peace and Godspeed, Xenongod

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

No offense to my more Bible literate friends, I have no doubt that many historical events recorded in the Bible are fairly accurate. However, having written that I also honestly don't believe everything that is written in it is though.

I also honestly don't believe everything that is written in it is though

First time I've heard from an honest man

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

So according to your logic, my Spiderman magazine is proof that Spiderman exists?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

Not for nothing - but in 4000 years someone will read that Spider-man lived in a place called New York city, and his/her/its mind will be blown when ruins matching the description of this fabled city are found...so Spider-man must have been real! Right?

...That is unreal. I never saw your comment before posting my own Spiderman thing. That's awesome.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I believe what the poster is trying to communicate is that to disregard the entire book because of the supernatural text would be like saying New York never existed because it was in a comic.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I just watched the Daniel Project and think it's one of the best documentaries on Bible Prophecy that I've ever seen. Why? Because it breaks everything down from the non-Christian perspective. It assumes that the person watching it has no Judeo-Christian background at all and is not the church going type. In fact, it's geared towards the skeptic who may not be taking it seriously at all. The presenter is an atheist with an open mind who is working his way through various Bible Prophecies to see where that leads. By the end of the evidence finding journey, he has a new respect for Biblical Prophecy and realizes that his new awareness calls him to make a decision that will determine his future both here and now - and for all Eternity. I can not recommend this documentary highly enough. It's only 83 minutes long and free to watch at the link given below - what do you have to lose by watching it? It may not only change your outlook on Biblical Prophecy, but awaken you to the extremely perilous times that we're in. With America poised to attack Syria and WWIII about to break loose any day, this could be God calling out you with a message of Hope and Eternal Salvation. Read official description and links below:

The Daniel Project is a genuine investigative documentary that puts ancient predictions under a journalistic microscope and presents this astonishing subject in a unique format that is both entertaining and challenging. Five years research, two years in the making, an acclaimed and gripping 90 min feature length documentary for our time. A powerful presentation produced by Studio Scotland, this intriguing film steers well clear of sensationalist apocalyptic hype normally associated with Nostradamus or invented fictional codes attributed to Leonardo Da Vinci. The Daniel Project draws from years of investigative research, taking the viewer on a journey while presenting only historical facts and observable evidence. Allowing these ancient writings to speak for themselves, it leaves both the viewer and it's presenter to draw their own conclusions.

The film begins with the presenter, self-confessed atheist, voice-over artist Jeremy Hitchen, accepting the challenge to investigate the plausibility of ancient prophecies. Dating back thousands of years, these texts of antiquity claim to predict, in astonishing detail, world shaping events leading to the end of the world, as we know it today, and the dawn of a new era. Armed with a dossier, Jeremy investigates each prophecy with the help of expert contributor interviews, location filming and news archive. In turn, he shares his own thoughts and findings with the viewer as the first prophecy points to an absolute event, observed in recent history. As each successive prediction unfolds it soon becomes clear that these mysterious texts are not easily dismissed. It is claimed that the consequences will be inescapable, the message is a warning... a sign post...as science continues to reveal the complexity of the world in which we live, there are those that claim we are not alone in this universe, and that compelling evidence is unfolding before our very eyes that clearly indicate mankind is about to meet his destiny.…" "The Daniel Project" is a gripping documentary for our time.

Website - www.thedanielprojectmovie.com...

Watch entire documentary free here - www.hulu.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

gotya
reply to post by SLAYER69

I feel the same. Some parts such as Jesus turning water into wine or walking on water and of course god creating man are obviously nonsense.

Yet some random aliens stopping by and seeding earth with life, or evolving out of soup is absolutely reasonable. Faith plays a role in all beliefs. I'm sure you have faith in something?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join