Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Ancient wall in Israel matches up with Bible's tale of Assyrian attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Archaeologists say they have unearthed the remains of massive fortifications built about 2,700 years ago around an Iron Age Assyrian harbor in present-day Israel. The ruins appear to have a connection to Assyria's takeover of the region, as mentioned in the Book of Isaiah.

Source

Whether it ends up being the match they say it is or not, hopefully some interesting things will be found behind it.
edit on 20-8-2013 by usertwelve because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
How dare you even suggest something in the bible as true!!!!!

What I said above is only to mock those who always tote the bible as a fake book, when I think it's true.

In seriousness - I think the bible is a historical account of things that happened. We are discovering more and more every year of accounts matching up
edit on 20-8-2013 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-8-2013 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

No offense to my more Bible literate friends, I have no doubt that many historical events recorded in the Bible are fairly accurate. However, having written that I also honestly don't believe everything that is written in it is though.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I feel the same. Some parts such as Jesus turning water into wine or walking on water and of course god creating man are obviously nonsense.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gotya

I feel the same. Some parts such as Jesus turning water into wine or walking on water and of course god creating man are obviously nonsense.

"obviously nonsense"...? *grin*

..honey you have No Idea...

..if you d see but 1 second....the gorgious being 'female'.. named Eve..
she d blow everything you think you are as male out of the water

wretched us
having fallen into this stupid blind frame
causing ignorant sentences like that

....kind regards

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The Assyrian attack was real so it wasn't just biblical lore, there seemed to have been a hot/cold war situation between the two super powers of that age Kush and Assyria that lasted about 50 yrs,in fact the final battle marked the end of the bronze age and the start of the age of Iron in earnest.

Tirhakah king of Kush and Upper and Lower Kemet.

And he heard say concerning Tirhakah king of Ethiopia, Behold he has come out to make war with thee; and heard, repeated, and sent messengers to Hizkiyahu.

Sennacherib King Of Assyria

As one gathers eggs that have been abandoned in flight, so I have gathered the whole world.

The Above is part of a Thread I made called
The Kermans aka Kush
www.abovetopsecret.com...
A good read of that era is Rescue Of Jerusalem by Henry T. Aubin
edit on 20-8-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

No offense to my more Bible literate friends, I have no doubt that many historical events recorded in the Bible are fairly accurate. However, having written that I also honestly don't believe everything that is written in it is though.

you posted an honourful response slayer

- excavations will not proove to you anything about the Bible.
Good.
Neither they do, to mé.

...not because i couldnt believe them [ the excavations]
but i dont need them to try proove faith.
- just as they dont proove nothing to yóu
- right ?

proof is in the context
i ve been to heaven and hell umpth times
...and i found that consciousness which the bible describes, sweet and True.

That, looking at things, from our present consciousness,
makes the things in the bible seem illogical,
is *not* the bibles fault : but our present cónsciousness is the Sick One.

a Sick Stance demanding clarity about a higher consciousness, she is Unable to comprehend.

the bible was *never* about a history tale
...but about a Battle of different Consciousnesses

hope that helps

- bless

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
- rephrased -

well yes, it embedded the battle of consciousness witHIN History

just as wé can trace the Change of consciousness through middle-age...french luciferian enlightment...the marxism, communism, zionism and industrial revolution BEING BORN from that luciferian "enlightment"....etc

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lone12

wretched us

....kind regards

I am just now looking into a Roman family named Piso that seemed to have wide connections that included Julius Caesar, the Potolomies and the Herodeans and who may have wrote the New Testament,interesting but I need to know more about them.

Loaves and Fishes

When Roman soldiers laid siege to a city they used a technique they called "loaves and fishes." They would bake bread with fecal matter mixed into it and amputate the penises of captured citizens of the city and throw the "loaves and fishes" over the besieged city's walls. It is well known that Roman slang for the word 'penis' was 'fish'. It is no coincidence that Jesus performs the "miracle" of the loaves and fishes. It is a cruel Roman joke.

Water Into Wine

When a Roman needed to attend to nature he or she would say something like "Time to turn water into wine." This was a joke, of course, for the act of urination was something like transforming water magically into a kind of 'wine' - urine. Knowing this, can you ever again think that Jesus turning water into wine at the wedding at Capernaum was a "miracle?" It was written into the New Testament by the Romans so that everyone in Rome, except the slaves of course, would get a belly laugh.

www.fargonasphere.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

- suppose [ which i hope you dó ] you love your Spouse
trying to make her feel like your Queen

..then comes the french luciferian revolution,
declaring that "every human is the same",
in that sense that Feminism is forced upon you, towards her :

and to all those, who objéct, like yóu,
she has but 1 punishment : the Gulliotine.

now
this is exactly what happened.
Millions were murdered - because they held to another , tender, Cónsciousness

yet
"we judge the bible for its describing of murders"
...without having ONE clue as to whát was going on

i tell you ..?
- wé are Schizophrenic.
Not the bible.

..bless

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spider879

Originally posted by Lone12

wretched us

....kind regards

I am just now looking into a Roman family named Piso that seemed to have wide connections that included Julius Caesar, the Potolomies and the Herodeans and who may have wrote the New Testament,interesting but I need to know more about them.

Loaves and Fishes

When Roman soldiers laid siege to a city they used a technique they called "loaves and fishes." They would bake bread with fecal matter mixed into it and amputate the penises of captured citizens of the city and throw the "loaves and fishes" over the besieged city's walls. It is well known that Roman slang for the word 'penis' was 'fish'. It is no coincidence that Jesus performs the "miracle" of the loaves and fishes. It is a cruel Roman joke.

Water Into Wine

When a Roman needed to attend to nature he or she would say something like "Time to turn water into wine." This was a joke, of course, for the act of urination was something like transforming water magically into a kind of 'wine' - urine. Knowing this, can you ever again think that Jesus turning water into wine at the wedding at Capernaum was a "miracle?" It was written into the New Testament by the Romans so that everyone in Rome, except the slaves of course, would get a belly laugh.

www.fargonasphere.com...

from the context of your post, you may be japanese S8
and no, those stories did not originate from "Roman tales"
- the only option is, that "roman tales MIMICKED them"

did you know
that hiroshima and nagasaki had the largest - and ónly- developing Christian community...?

you still want to know, why exactly those 2 cities were nuked ..?

regards,

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm not a bible thumper by any mean's, nor do I discredit the bible. The stories therein are regurgitated from old Sumer texts passed through every past civilization with different renderings of the same. Sumer being the farthest back that can account for a Jesus, Adam and Eve, Noah et cetera.

Nor can humanity as a whole (current) tell us how all the old structures that will stand longer than our architectural buildings were officially built without having a theory with holes and flaws. Yet they are standing and long after this era of humanity passes, what we built will deteriorate back into the earth and there structures will still stand.

We don't know our Ancient past. We can't say that the bible is not accurate (not saying it is)

What " I " can say is that one day humanity will find out that the stories of old written in stone and painted on walls are more accurate than the science(s) we are currently so enamored by. IMHO of coarse and only my opinion.

Very cool find OP

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone12

from the context of your post, you may be japanese S8 and no, those stories did not originate from "Roman tales" - the only option is, that "roman tales MIMICKED them" did you know that hiroshima and nagasaki had the largest - and ónly- developing Christian community...? you still want to know, why exactly those 2 cities were nuked ..?

I live in Japan but Iam not Japanese and yes I know that especially Nagasaki had and still have very large Christian communities, I noticed there are crosses and fishes etched in old stone all over the places.. Oda Nobunaga was very hard on them..but yes I would like to get an alternative view on why they were nuked,but pls start a new thread so as not to derail this one.
About the Piso family's involvement in writing the NT this is something I recently came across so I am not making any definite claim one way or the other I just thought it interesting.
edit on 20-8-2013 by Spider879 because: Make a correction

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Not for nothing - but in 4000 years someone will read that Spider-man lived in a place called New York city, and his/her/its mind will be blown when ruins matching the description of this fabled city are found...so Spider-man must have been real! Right?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
Not for nothing - but in 4000 years someone will read that Spider-man lived in a place called New York city, and his/her/its mind will be blown when ruins matching the description of this fabled city are found...so Spider-man must have been real! Right?

Are you saying that there wasn't an Assyrian attack?? because we do have non biblical accounts of it.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

honey you re very careful
- there s nothing wrong in believing that sumerian deities messed with DNA.

just keep in mind, "messed"

..i promise you,
through all the context of things,
whý would a God, who claims to have created such gorgious beings, be AGAINST them..?

That dont make any sense.

...- He can only be "against" all those things, that prevént having back His sweet creatures...no?

like evil
or like this dumb frame
fabricated by that same evil

does that make sense..?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone12

Yup! Definately on the same page Lone12~

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

this is why I like the Jefferson Bible. He kept all the historical context and important stuff like love thy neighbor and dispensed with all the supernatural aspects to make it a more enlightened and logical book. There are certainly going to be some aspects of the Hebrew books that ring true historically as they are a chronicle of certain periods of Jewish history. There's not much debate about the historicity of the ancient Hebrew so I personally don't get all the excitement of a historical or archaeological corroboration in the Old testament/ Torah/Talmud. Yes, it corroborates things that we've known about or have been finding and that's really exciting from an archaeological POV but it doesn't provide any direct or even indirect evidence of any magical, supernatural or higher power intervention in the day to day lives of the Hebrew people.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone12

I agree, the price of eggs in China is way too much...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

If so (I admit ignorance on this subject) what's the big deal that it was included in the bible?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join