It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor asking Seattle businesses to go ‘gun-free’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'm glad to see some people having morals and guts to stand up for them. We need a lot more people and organizations in this country to stand up against the gun worship disease that is crippling our nation. I like how the gun people claim this will upset customers. Good luck trying to find gun fanatics in downtown Seattle.

seattletimes.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
NVM
edit on 8/20/2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
I'm glad to see some people having morals and guts to stand up for them. We need a lot more people and organizations in this country to stand up against the gun worship disease that is crippling our nation. I like how the gun people claim this will upset customers. Good luck trying to find gun fanatics in downtown Seattle.

seattletimes.com...

That all works fine until the armed criminals figure out which businesses are "gun-free"

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Oh? In looking at just July's Crime Stats for greater Seattle? I believe I see no shortage of gun fanatics. They just aren't the law abiding kind. Plenty of assaults, rapes and robberies with two showing as specific listing there for firearm related. Just one month worth...

I hope someone sues that ignorant mayor if they suffer an armed robbery as a business owner after following his 'sage advice'. When the crime reports like the one above have close to 0's? I'd say the need for firearms at work for a business owner has passed.

Maybe my kid's kid's lifetime?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
My business is not "gun-free"... You know, the way it should be!

If you don't want any trouble, don't start any. Pretty simple if ya ask me!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It’s completely up to the privet business owner to allow gun in his/her establishment Unless there completely ban in the state like California.

If I was asked to disarm, I would respect the owners wishes and leave the establishment. No need to do business there.

But if I had a concealed permit, they would never know. bwahahahaha

edit on 20-8-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Guns are the only thing keeping civility now days. Behind every blade of grass.....that thought must go through every criminals mind right before the crime.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

But if I had a concealed permit, they would never know. hahahaha

That's the reality of it. Go "gun-free" and see what it gets you. A policy isnt a law and there are people carrying everyday in "gun-free" businesses.

Even when there is a law it doesnt amount to much. Everybody carries into post offices in rural towns around here all the time.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

What a idiotic idea. Let's get them to give up their guns and let everyone know about it so the criminals, who don't care about gun laws by the way, know exactly where to go when they need some cash.

You can't unmake the gun, you should learn to deal with it. I'm sure you will come up with some nonsense argument to counter mine but you should remember three words - "Shall NOT infringe". It's a constitutionally protected right, get over it.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

No, its leftist liberal, hand wringers like you that are crippling our nation.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

It’s completely up to the privet business owner to allow gun in his/her establishment

Indeed, it is.

And local businesses shouldn't be manipulated by Mayors running for re-election doing an end-around to try and bypass existing laws.

The program is based on laws allowing businesses to set conditions of entry such as requiring shirts and shoes. In Washington, local governments are prohibited from directly setting their own gun laws.

The program is a unilateral executive action by the mayor’s office, in coordination with Washington CeaseFire. The Seattle City Council has not yet been briefed.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan
reply to post by CB328

I don’t think I will ever understand how a lifeless object can scare people so badly. I guess it only scares those that don’t understand it and don’t respect it.

link   
It's about time! I think these stickers would work to keep the bad guys away. I mean, I can't count the amount of times I've read about some gun nut going to shoot up a place but was deterred by the 'gun free zone' sticker. Those stickers are pretty threatening.

Maybe the president's security team should start wearing 'gun free zone' t-shirts to discourage would be assassins?

I think this just might work.

After all, you just have to tell a crazy criminal 'don't do such and such' and they will totally follow your instructions.

link   
If i was a shop owner i'd not make any mention of if i'm pro/anti guns so as not to brass off any potential customers of either view points

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

seattletimes.com...

Gun Worship Disease that is crippling this Nation, What have you been smoking today. Tell me how owning a gun is crippling this nation.
I own plenty of guns, and im a Gun advocate, and carry a concealed gun. But I'll tell you one thing, im not crippling this country working 60 hours a week, and employing 25 people. Im trying my hardest to keep this nation going, against the Lazy, No good people that dont work, and only care about themselves, and trying to take freedoms away from ordinary LAW ABIDING citizens

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
If i was a shop owner i'd not make any mention of if i'm pro/anti guns so as not to brass off any potential customers of either view points

sounds like your a smart shop owner! Why alienate possible customers?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
If I were a business owner, the only sign I'd have in my store is. . .

"We are armed and out of coffee."

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Hey I forgot its seattle, they love everyone there, and there is No crime, only Art, Music, Pot, and Hippies that live in trees."END of Sarcasim" Come On, its a big city, with lots of different people, and different views. Dont like a Gun, dont get one, and dont worry what other people do with there freedoms

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by Sharingan
reply to post by CB328

I don’t think I will ever understand how a lifeless object can scare people so badly. I guess it only scares those that don’t understand it and don’t respect it.

Lol. I posted this before but it deserves a repost..

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
dbl post
edit on 20-8-2013 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join