It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello From Iowa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hi all, I'm TronTech from Iowa, or TT for short. I'm retired Navy, currently unemployed by choice and living off of my pension. Gives me plenty of time to fix up this 137 year old house my Wife and I bought out here in a small rural town.
I've had an interesting life and have lots of stories to tell, ranging from the paranormal to the mundane.
I have an unusual talent for fixing things. I have memories from some pretty early times in my life. I am empathic, considerate, friendly, and very honest. I am interested in all things science.
I 've been reading posts here for quite some time and I feel like I know some of you already. So again, Hi!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by trontech

Welcome from a fellow Iowan
. Always good to hear new stories, or accounts. Enjoy getting your feet wet!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

trontech, welcome to ATS enjoy your stay.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome. I thought it was about time I got my feet wet! Just hope I don't get soaked!
edit on 8/20/2013 by trontech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Well...hello!

I ran out of welcome cookies, so you get a Welcome Bacon Sammich instead....

Hope to see you in the forums...enjoy the ride...

Des

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks for the sammich! I was famished. Was the bacon from Iowa? PS that was a lot of pork.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

hello TT from iowa, from SecretKnowledge, Wicklow Ireland
looking forward to hearing your stories

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Hi SecretKnowledge. Thank you for the welcome. I'll be posting some of my favorite stories soon. Hope you enjoy.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!! You'll find loads of ex-military about here, you're in good company

As for the stories, can't wait to hear them!!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Welcome to the commenting side of things. I look forward to hearing some of your stories. My son is just finishing sub school, and he will have some of his own soon I am sure.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Florasaurus

Hi Florasaurus and thanks for the welcome. I have lots of "Sea Stories" to tell. And some real ones too!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Hi UnifiedSerenity. Thank You for the welcome. And your Son being in Sub school, it won't take long for the stories to start. Usually after the first deployment.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by trontech

Hi UnifiedSerenity. Thank You for the welcome. And your Son being in Sub school, it won't take long for the stories to start. Usually after the first deployment.

He is clearly very excited. He did not know what he wanted to do with his life. Early on he wanted to be in the military then he got into heavy metal "viking metal?" and is extremely talented. Grew is gorgeous blond hair to his waist and looked like a billy goat with his scruffy beard. Then he decided to go to auto school to get a trade but hated it, then something happened, he cut his hair, went and saw a Navy recruiter and signed up and is 6 weeks out of his first assignment! He has really grown up in the last 6 months and I cannot recommend it highly enough even for the most unbelievable of circumstances. He is acing everything. Thanks for the encouragement, and thank you for your service to our nation from the bottom of my heart. My father was a Navy sniper and never tells his stories.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Welcome, TT. Glad you have decided to join us. I look forward to your stories.

Again, welcome. Enjoy your stay.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Your son's story sounds familiar. I was a long haired pre-med student bored with life. I too signed up for the navy and did very well for myself. It gave me something to strive for. As for your Dad, there are some stories that are too painful to tell.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Hi IamAbeliever. Thank you for the warm welcome. I figured I've been quiet too long.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by trontech
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks for the sammich! I was famished. Was the bacon from Iowa? PS that was a lot of pork.

We never skimp on the bacon here on ATS...it's a staple here.

Des

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Hey TT,

I'm also new to posting, it looks like you'll have a lot of interesting stories to share! I'm a fellow Mid-westerner from Minnesota and I have a lot of supernatural experiences to share. See you on the boards!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS from an Iowan living in Wisconsin. Former Air Force brat.

I'm sure you've learned ATS is addictive - you'll spend hours in those long cold winters online.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SerpoDreamer

Hi SerpoDreamer. I just wanted to thank you for the welcome. Can't wait to read some of your experiances.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join