Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

War on Death.

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What are your tactics for the War on Death? You got any plans? There is a War of course you know this or do you. If there isn't a war there is because I been fighting it for a long time since my first memory.

Life is opposite to death. The war has been brutal so far with much pain on humanities side being bourne by so many down the centuries.

I believe many untouched by pain have no idea what's going on and are practically sitting idle and have many abilities and talents not being used. The problem is that once you discover the truth about pain your power and spirit have been taken from you and you are powerless. If someone could communicate the knowledge of pain and suffering and misery to someone who has never experienced these things it would set that person on fire.

While you have the light you must fight the war. War on Pain. War on Death.

I only have English to communicate to you pain which doesn't communicate the ideas effectively. I want revenge on pain I want immortality.

Do some of you not want immortality? Maybe you haven't loved. No really maybe. On the other side of pain is a numbness. But endurance to pain develops overtime. Also the motivation to never experience such things again. If you don't want immortality death already has you in it's grasp. You haven't lived perhaps to thirst after more. You haven't seen the light of life.

For the man whoever has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin. I like this concept. This is on the way to defeating death. But sin is a christian concept. I just associate sin with anything bad. Pain makes you hate life. It is in opposition.

This is a War on Death. Bang Bang Boom Boom. Trumpet Blast.

The days are evil. We live in an evil age. We must fight. To live is to fight. You already fight. But you must step it up. But I can't tell you how. I can only tell you what's out there. There is pain beyond your deepest imaginings and trouble. It's beyond your perception. You basically are kept in paradise until its's to late and the trap is sprung. But you who are in paradise must give thoughts to such things as suffering to acquire strength, maybe you can break the code.

Actually I don't know anything about what I talk about.

I can't offer you any weapons against death. Maybe the bible if your that way inclined. Maybe you could read science.

So where are you at in the War on Death? What are your thoughts on such a thing.

This is a militant guerrilla post attacking death and those opposed to living forever. This is an attack on death.

I see death as the ultimate enemy.

I'm starting an army.

If you want to join my army in the war against death you can post in this thread your ideas, text and words.

Did you know every man has to bear his own burdens

It's possible others can make your burden lighter I think knowledge can also ease the weight.

Immortality is a world thing. Everyone has a part to play in the War on Death.

It's got to start somewhere but this thread is not something and is really nothing.

Still War on Death proceeds.

How exactly do you war on death?

Through belief in resurrection you can claim death has already been defeated. Everyone is immortal it just hasn't happened yet but will. This defeats murderers who believe they have the last say. Any soldier who's died has died combating death.

I hold the belief that there is a record of everyones lives thoughts movements actions everything. There will be no secrets and darkness.

I guess there is little action we can take. But there are things we can do. I'm blocked from telling you even one thing you on your own can do. Envision.

You must post.

Bear my burden of a War, a War on Death. I will read your words. I don't know what they will do to me or others but you must post your written word to fight death in this War. Maybe your words will ease my weight or others to inspire.

You are but a private alongside me in the trenches. It's raining hard and there's mud explosions bullets pain misery everywhere. There ain't any officers or leedas around either.

This is a War on Death. Post here to Work a War on Death. Show me your War Private.

Leeda

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Immortality is a huge problem any way you slice it. If you have immortality for all (or for all who want it, which let's face it will be the majority of humans since most fear death) then overcrowding becomes a huge issue. As new humans are born and the old ones fail to die off. The strain on resources would grow exponentially. Immortality, for the few is a sad lonely life. You get to watch as all the people you love and care for die. Then you get to repeat this process forever. So the answer here is to be able to colonize space before we create immortality for our species OR limit it to a select few and let them suffer.

Of course how would you decide the people who would qualify for the immortality? Can you imagine the damage and destruction an immortal person who thinks in terms of life times instead of months or years could unleash on the planet? He has all the time in the world to achieve a position of immense power and can have the patience to just wait until his adversaries are dead before continuing his plans.

Another thing that needs to be discussed when speaking about immortality is aging. You mention that you want to fight a war against death. What about aging? Have you seen someone who has reached the age of 90+? Most of them can barely move or do anything. Now imagine how you'd look 30, 50, 1000 years later. You'd practically be hooked to a machine 24/7 just to stay alive. Of course you probably wouldn't care anyways because your cognitive faculties would be probably near nonexistent.

Your post reads as one long rant basically saying "Hey I don't want to die, anyone else agree with me?"
edit on 20-8-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on that sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Dylan Thomas

(my favorite pome)
edit on 20-8-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

Death Can be your Friend. . In the Long Run. .. . Pun Intended.

I have no war on death for I have seen death and I fear it Not.

I see immortality an insecurity.

Is the reason for your war on death because of a fear of dying?

If you believe in the Bible surely you know that there is a Hereafter that is far better than what this purgatory has to offer.

So why fight something that is Rightfully Yours. You should Embrace Death as you would Life.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Have you ever considered those being REBORN are those who have died? They are the same person? LOL LOL

the planet is becoming overpopulated for a very specific reason that has nothing to do with overcrowding. LOL LOL

Death is an illusion. It only exists when we are under the ego's influence. The very nature of the ego is a destructive one meaning we cannot be under the ego's influence and NOT be destroying ourselves. We are dying in this way from the second we are born. We are dividing ourselves. Fragmenting ourselves. Moving ourselves further and further away from our true nature which is infinite. immortal. timeless. absolutely magnificent.

It isn't so much the idea of death as it is about what we are believing about ourselves.. this ties right into what the ego is. Has us all believing about both ourselves and life that is NOT TRUE OR REAL.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Have you ever thought that dying might be the single most important thing you'll do, besides being born?

Don't fear death, it might be awesome. Haven't you thought, "what's next?"

If there is so any sort of afterlife, rad.

If not, and you just rot, hey you're dead. What do you care?

I'd rather not live forever. I say bring it on death, whatcha got?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

"War on Death" is a hyperbole. Besides, why fight something that you can never beat? No one escapes death. No one. Accept it now so you don't suffer later.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by nicolet
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Have you ever considered those being REBORN are those who have died? They are the same person? LOL LOL

Actually, yes I have entertained the idea of reincarnation and believe that it could be a very real possibility of what happens after you die. I don't subscribe to it 100% as an agnostic, but I've reviewed plenty of evidence for it in my life to suggest that it is more true than Catholicism. Not sure the "lol's" are necessary. It's not good form to straight up laugh at the people you are trying to have a discussion with.

the planet is becoming overpopulated for a very specific reason that has nothing to do with overcrowding. LOL LOL

Care to elaborate on this point? I'd say that definition-wise in order for us to be overpopulated we have to be first reaching a point of overcrowded. Granted there is plenty of land left for us to live on. But we aren't the only species on this planet. The rest of the world's lifeforms need a place to live as well. Yes there are more reasons to the world's current overpopulation than just overcrowding, but my original point was that if everyone was immortal then with each subsequent generation being born while the old generation fails to die, then our population would just grow and grow and grow. Eventually overcrowding would doom the whole planet.

Death is an illusion. It only exists when we are under the ego's influence. The very nature of the ego is a destructive one meaning we cannot be under the ego's influence and NOT be destroying ourselves. We are dying in this way from the second we are born. We are dividing ourselves. Fragmenting ourselves. Moving ourselves further and further away from our true nature which is infinite. immortal. timeless. absolutely magnificent.

Your new age philosophy isn't going to change that fact that when you die, you are dead. Your body ceases to function and it will decompose to nothing. If something happens to your essence (soul, chi, whatever) after this event, I have no idea and neither do you. Because frankly neither of us have died yet and the dead tell no secrets. Even if reincarnation is true and we've died multiple times in the past only to be reborn again, we don't remember any of it.

It isn't so much the idea of death as it is about what we are believing about ourselves.. this ties right into what the ego is. Has us all believing about both ourselves and life that is NOT TRUE OR REAL.

Let me be clear here. I do not fear death. I know that when I die, I won't exist anymore to worry about what happens to me. I do not care what happens to my possessions at this point either since I am no longer here to use them. I have accepted that if it is currently alive then eventually it will die. I also don't like wasting time worrying about what will happen when I do die, because I guarantee that nothing I've come up with or thought about will even be remotely true (unless nothing happens except that we decompose).
edit on 20-8-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

You are going to die. It is that simple. Whether tomorrow or ten or even fifty years later, you are going to die. Become a corpse. Cease to think, feel and use this conscuousness belonging to this body.

That is death. Accept it and move on.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

I see death as the ultimate enemy.

I use death as an advisor.

The knowledge of my impending death helps me focus on what is important. It is the ultimate sounding board - if this is to be my last act as a living, breathing man - should I proceed with it ? Petty, silly things perish when posed as such a dilemma.

Sadly, keeping such thoughts to the forefront of ones mind is an extremely difficult thing -
A samurai warrior prepared for death each morning - they used it - wielding it as a weapon. A man who is not afraid to die, can be a hard man to kill (particularly if he is a master swordsman
)

If by setting one's heart right every morning and evening, one is able to live as though his body were already dead, he pains freedom in the Way. His whole life will be without blame, and he will succeed in his calling.

Hagakure - The Book of the Samurai (PDF)

Whilst I don`t buy into everything prescribed in The Hagakure or Carlos Casteneda, the works of fact & fiction. - there are plenty of interesting tidbits from which I have derived great utility in my life.

How exactly do you war on death?

With the one best weapon we have - the human intellect and one of its transformational products - the sciences.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by leeda

War on Pain.

And at some point you realize that there are more flavors of pain than coffee. There's the little empty pain of leaving something behind ‒ graduating, taking the next step forward, walking out of something familiar and safe into the unknown. There's the big, whirling pain of life upending all of your plans and expectations. There's the sharp little pains of failure, and the more obscure aches of successes that didn't give you what you thought they would. There are the vicious, stabbing pains of hopes being torn up. The sweet little pains of finding others, giving them your love, and taking joy in their life as they grow and learn. There's the steady pain of empathy that you shrug off so you can stand beside a wounded friend and help them bear their burdens.

And if you are very, very lucky, there are a few blazing hot little pains you feel when you realize that you are standing in a moment of utter perfection, an instant of triumph, or happiness, or mirth which at the same time cannot possibly last ‒ and yet will remain with you for life.

Everyone is down on pain, because they forget something important about it: Pain is for the living. Only the dead don't feel it.

~ Jim Butcher

War on Death.

Take death for example, a great deal of our effort goes into avoiding it. We make extrordinary efforts to delay it, and often consider its intrusion a tragic event. Yet, we'd find it hard to live without it. Death gives meaning to our lives; it gives importance and value to time. Time would become meaningless if there were too much of it. If death were indefinitely put off, the human psyche would end up... well, like the Gambler in the Twilight Zone episode.

~ Ray Kurzweil

There is no life without pain, and no progress without the finality of death.

Human beings need the constraints of death, and the limitations of pain, in order to make their actions and goals meaningful and worthwhile. Take away pain, take away death, and all we are is empty husks without motivation or direction.

Keep your way on pain and death. I prefer to experience all that life has to offer.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
So pretty much everyone says don't fight death. Pretty much cause your cowards. I refuse to accept it. I know i'm immortal. I'm going to live forever. Most likely I will be resurrected.

Already much work is being done on life extension and immortality. All we need is enough time. I think really a couple hundred years or less should do it. It won't take as long as you think.

Computers still have a long way to go towards being an immortal tool but they are rapidly progressing. The faster computers get and the smaller they get and the cheaper they get is exponential so it won't take long.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Willing to die

We are always trying to get one up over the world. We want the light without the dark, but death is as natural as birth and nothing to start a war against.
edit on 28-8-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I believe it is natural and normal for the human body to fight death and pain, to deny this goes against nature and the naturalness and basic instincts of the human body.

To deny life is evil. I believe we as a human race will reach immortality.

It remains to be seen whether it will be Jesus or Technology. At the moment it's looking like tech for the win. Jesus has had 2000 years and not produced much but you can't totally rule him out.

I believe it is natural instinct to fight death and pain. A house divided against itself won't stand. If you want to die that's fine. You'll probably get a res anyway. All life will be able to be resurrected. Anything or anyone who has ever lived will be able to be brought back.

Everyones whole life and existence has been a struggle everyday against death. Death is a heavy weight.

By living we are shifting and moving weight. We carry round huge burdens (weight) upon us that death is.

Each day I think and hope that the earth grows stronger thorough new knowledge and discoveries. These things open gates and doors. Precept upon precept. Stone upon Stone.

If someone dies it merely drives others, those left behind, on I think.

Each day a little of the load is lightened but not really visible for some their load is just as heavy.

It is possible to load people down with burdens they can hardly carry and not lift one finger yourself to help according to the bible.

Death is this burden and weight. The root and source of the heaviness.

Personally i'm cheering for Jesus over tech in the immortality race. Surely God is greater than anything.

We must shift and move some weight through thinking and thoughts. We must open all the gates that stop us from progressing.

I'm pretty sure we are all connected to some level. Persecutors are worse than beasts in that they prey upon their own kind. What one person does interacts and alters the original state of another. Iron sharpens iron.

We must bear each others burdens and weights thereby shifting and moving weight lightening each others burdenload. Lifting someone elses load or part of, making it lighter even the smallest amount can cause great ripples in the chain enabling someone else to lift a weight they previously couldn't so thereby solving something or doing something major (making change).

I believe death is a huge heavy weight that weighs on each individual person. We are processors. We must think. Opening one door or gate leads to other new avenues whereby more gates or doors fall. Processing the weight gives you power to tackle new things that were out of range before.

The total weight of the problem is the same for everyone and everyone bears their individual load they are merely working on a different part of the problem than what you are but everyone contributes to the whole. There must be x amount of processing before the total sum is shifted. It's done in small blocks by individuals bit by bit to make up the whole.

Everyday peoples (everyones) weight overall should be getting a little less. We are making progress and there is progression.

Do you weigh people down and not lift a finger yourselves? Woe to you. You will reach a bottleneck.

For you to carry someone elses burden spiritually you have to have to right slots or connection or be in the right season. You have to have some free space yourself.

If you weigh yourself down to much you'll move slowly. It's good to carry weight, then once that becomes easier to carry, a smaller weightload, go and grab some more weight. Process. But again don't weigh yourself down to much. The aim is to be as light and free as possible with eventually no weight at all being to heavy to move in moments instead of taking along time to move.

By shifting weight you are building solutions to lift and support further weight and making the weightload itself lighter eg with processing a 10kg weight becomes a 5kg weight.

Death is extremely heavy. Overall eventually we will be able to overcome and lift it's weight individually, by making the weight lighter and ourselves becoming stronger, mature and efficient and having all the correct parts.

We underestimate how heavy death is. It is heavy. Beyond current imaginations.

There is a supply and demand feature to the bearing of burdens. You must have the correct codefit or key like key of something. I don't actually know.

By you bearing one of my burdens I bear an equal or agreed upon amount of weight for you. But it's Trade and supply and demand. You can only move weight of someone else if you have the correct feature or thoughts or mode or whatever the key is. If they have a demand and you can supply it.

The bearing of one anothers burdens is supply and demand. Become wealthy and light through trade.

This has been some of my sillyness.

By reading these words you have been altered ever so slight. You are now on a different timeline than as if you hadn't read them. Words are the power of death and life. Now alter my timeline.

Got trade?

top topics

join