It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan ex-leader Musharraf charged over Bhutto murder

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Pakistan ex-leader Musharraf charged over Bhutto murder

www.bbc.co.uk

Pakistani ex-President Pervez Musharraf has been charged in connection with the 2007 assassination of opposition leader and former PM Benazir Bhutto.

The former military ruler has denied charges of murder, criminal conspiracy to murder and facilitation of murder.

It is the first time a current or ex-army chief has been charged with a crime in Pakistan. Mr Musharraf says the charges are politically motivated.

Ms Bhutto was killed at an election rally in Rawalpindi in December 2007
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

well then,

this was probably expected, he has been under suspicion of being behind her assassination for quite some time but he has now been charged in connection with being complicit in the assassination.

However one of his lawyers has denied these charges saying

Mr Musharraf’s legal team has said all along that the charges against him are politically motivated.

“All the cases against Musharraf are fabricated. He denied all the charges,” said Afshan Adil, one of his lawyers

www.telegraph.co.uk...

This story no doubt will make for some interesting reading in the coming months.

let me know what you think guys!

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Other links.
Independent
Fox News
Sky News
edit on 20-8-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I didn't realize that an investigation had been ongoing! Thanks for the post!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
This is rather big news. I didn't think that he was involved in the murder, but at the same time, I thought that he didn't exactly cry a river of tears at the time either so he didn't 'investigate'. This should be interesting ...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Hard to believe anything that comes out of Pakistan, it is so corrupt. That said, not surprised in the least he is being charged with her murder.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
wow, i can't believe this. I read his book when it came out and it was actually a pretty good read..I wish i could get a refund now. Thanks for bringing this to my attention

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I don't think that an army chief would resort to any murder

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Angelic Resurrection
I don't think that an army chief would resort to any murder

Well it now seems that he has been charged with her assassination.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
he will never see the court house,, this guy knows the whole story bout osama bin.
white house is having a #ter right now. i would suspect, the # part, but definetly interesting, trail of money,, remember,, long ago,,,,,last year? lol,,or maybe couple of years,,well since Obama anyway.
yup Obama Got Osama,,,someone should right a song,, kinda catchy,, confusing as well,, ohh what a time was had,, u know in the old days,,,,"yes Citizens rest easy,, i got Obama,, er i mean Osama,, lol

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It'll definitely be an interesting case to watch. I don't know how involved he may or may not have been but I think it's more likely that the ISI was behind her assassination than Musharrev was. They're even more rogue in regards to accountability than the CIA and that's saying a lot.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

he will never see the court house,, this guy knows the whole story bout osama bin.

errr yeah he will and probably already has and what do you suppose he knows about Bin Laden.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
All i know is when asked by David Frost,, she said " bin was killed by the ISI,,,everyone in Pakistan knows that."
So i'm assuming Mussareef knows the name of the actual "Operation" ,, conducted by the ISI.
Oh and then she was shot.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

All i know is when asked by David Frost,, she said " bin was killed by the ISI,,,everyone in Pakistan knows that."

Actually she never said that, what she did say was "Omar Sharif, the man who murdered Osama Bin Laden" and this has been pretty well debunked as merely being her misspeaking.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Actually she never said that, what she did say was "Omar Sharif, the man who murdered Osama Bin Laden" and this has been pretty well debunked as merely being her misspeaking.

Oh and then she was shot.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

yes she died not long after she had that interview but the whole thing has been debunked, she did not mean to say that Bin Laden had been murdered by Omar Shareif

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

ok,,

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Here i have a thread about it.

link

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

quoted from your thread "Omar was once recruited by the SIS however believes that he was a double agent, he may also have connections to Pakistani ISI. "

or,,,, he was a double agent,,,for maybe the /CIA/,,,,,and his cover provided.
or he was with us,,everyone big smile
,,NSA,,
all just supposition,,she said what she said,,that is THE ONLY true fact.oh and she is dead.
After all given real evidence,,by his actual executioner,,,omar shareef,,,,ie video,,(just like the White House) of bins execution,,,well once bin was dead,,u could then keep that in the drawer ,,too be played later,,but with a new cast of charactuers,,like Hillary said,, do it really matter? who?,, as long as the end result,,works,, u know,, we came we say we killed him,, big laugh.
So why not make it a full video white house production,,,?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

yeah way to take a quote out of context

if you read further you will not the that guy Bhutto was talking about was in prison when he apparently killed Bin Laden and unless he can be in two places at the same time it is pretty unlikely.

the whole thing has been debunked.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

"was in prison",,who's prison?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join