It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISON Object (Comet?) To Fly By (Impact?) Mars next Fall! NASA News.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Getting flashbacks from comet ELENIN and how people tried to say it was a tetrahedron, or Jesus Christ's starship or some junk.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
reply to post by eriktheawful

Thx Erik

A so huge impact on Mars, however, is not something that would be something to get excited about, but something to be scared.

But this can't happen. Again...

Well it wouldn't scare me since it's Mars and not Earth.

But I would be scared for the rovers.............

However, it would be the perfect way to witness a titanic impact, up close and personal but with no danger to us here on Earth.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
this will be a spectacular event to witness i bet as long as "they" allow us to see the video or stills that the rover captures.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Here is an easily understood video about this comet and the lines we are seeing....

edit on 20-8-2013 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

reply to post by NeoParadigm

I'm humble, and clear on what is my opinion and what not.

Hmmm... You spinning round and round.

As I said you, however, stay calm. But very...

Arken, there are two types of people on this site, ones who are anal about facts, and others who like to use their imaginations. I'm pretty sure you know which one Neo is.

I had the theory it was the refraction/reflection of the sun off it's tail. But, hey, sometimes common sense and logic can only take you so far, ya know. Or, maybe I payed too close attention in school.

Sorry for the off topic post.

On topic, It would be cool to see a body hit Mars, And if were facing Earth, that would be one bad-a$$ed metor shower!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

On topic, It would be cool to see a body hit Mars, And if were facing Earth, that would be one bad-a$$ed metor shower!

Hi thepolish1.

This can't happen (again) for several reasons... And it is only my opinion.
Will be interesting to point our eyes on Mars for the next months, and see what "strangeness" happen on the Red Planet, its moons and around ..

But, if so, we could facing the worst case scenario from hundred thousand years on this planet.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Uhm, I'm glad you're excited Arken, but really, considering how many objects we have in our solar system the odds that two comets would pass by Mars in the same year is not really all that fantastic at all.

Two comets fly by a planet in 12 months?

Isn't It an unusual (unique) event?

I never heard of this kind of event from the beginning of astronomy...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Two years ago two comets passed each other (not Ison and Siding Spring). There were something like 184 known periodic comets in 1995 (I'm sure it's gone up since then), so the chances of it happening while not high, aren't exactly low either.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Uhm, I'm glad you're excited Arken, but really, considering how many objects we have in our solar system the odds that two comets would pass by Mars in the same year is not really all that fantastic at all.

Two comets fly by a planet in 12 months?

Isn't It an unusual (unique) event?

I never heard of this kind of event from the beginning of astronomy...

Really?

Where were you for comet Hyakutake and Comet Hale-Bopp?

Hyakutake passed close to the Earth in March 1996 and Hale-Bopp did the same thing in March 1997.

It was big news around the world when each passed by us. Very bright and beautiful looking.

There are many, many comets out there. The odds of having two or more pass by a planet within 12 months is actually very good. Having them pass by the same planet within the same month is even possible.

Our solar system is filled with lots of stuff out there.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

Arken, there are two types of people on this site, ones who are anal about facts, and others who like to use their imaginations. I'm pretty sure you know which one Neo is.

I don´t see how I am supposed to feel insulted by that.

There is nothing wrong with speculation when you have no facts to work with but to keep imagining things despite the presence of obvious facts, is retarded.

I also think you are not able to judge what I am about, at this point.

I had the theory it was the refraction/reflection of the sun off it's tail.

And did this explain the phenomenon? No it didn't so what are you trying say?

But, hey, sometimes common sense and logic can only take you so far, ya know. Or, maybe I payed too close attention in school.

Are you refering to an observational mistake I made, to which I owned up and even said it was pretty dumb of me, on my own initiative?

At least when I'm wrong I'm the first to admit it.

edit on 21-8-2013 by NeoParadigm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I've lost Hyakutake comet.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoParadigm
reply to post by Arken

Don't mistake my confidence for arrogance, Luke.

People that are still perpetuating the myth that comet ISON actually looks like that triangle are delusional and incapable of discerning fact from fantasy, and posess no ability to recognise the clear explanation for this "phenomenon" and the evidence that supports it.

I think "headless chicken" is an accurate description at this point.

You can't even recognise you're doing it, even when it's pointed out to you.

Calling people who don't agree with your point of view "delusional" and "incapable of discerning fact from fantasy" and "posess no ability to recognise.." is actually pretty arrogant thinking.

People can be wrong, and often are...but it in no way means delusion or lack of discernment is playing a part in the slightest.

Have you considered that you may be wrong?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I've lost Hyakutake comet.

I knew it! You're the reason it won't be back for 70,000 years!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Have you considered that you may be wrong?

I don't know if you have been following that thread but it has been proven beyond any doubt for quite some time now.

People can be wrong, and often are...but it in no way means delusion or lack of discernment is playing a part in the slightest.

Really? Evidence and accurate eplanations had been posted on every page since page 4 of that thread. It was exactly what was going on.

And if you are still in doubt, then the same goes for you.

But that was ok. When people start to perpetuate the myth in other threads it needs to be nipped in the bud.

Btw, the fact that people's first reaction to anamolous imagery is "spaceship", is a big indicator of a delusional line of thinking in the first place.

Why not start with "imagery effect" and work your way to "spaceship" from there by a process of elimination?

Seems more logical to me.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Neo...Does Arken seem to see alien ships in a lot of mundane space objects - sure he does (in my opinion). A lot of people on this website see alien ships where there are none (again - in my opinion). Random lights in the sky, NASA videos of ice crystals and debris, etc. all claimed to be alien ships. You have every right to disagree and post your opinion. And I actually agree with you on this, but it doesn't give you the right to add all of the name calling and general douchebaggery to your replies.

Please do debate the facts - but don't make an ass of yourself when you do it. Name calling and belittling others has no place at all in an intelligent debate and it generally comes from people who are losing an argument. Just sayin'.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Please do debate the facts - but don't make an ass of yourself when you do it. Name calling and belittling others has no place at all in an intelligent debate and it generally comes from people who are losing an argument. Just sayin'.

But I was obviously not losing the argument. It wasn't an "intelligent debate" either since that would require two parties.

I appreciate what you are trying to convey though, and I know I can be a jerk, especially when I get frustrated.

I don't really care what people think about me, I just want people to use a rational thought process on this site.

Some times some one needs to be harsh, so people will actually think before they post.

I have no problem with being that guy.

And I actually agree with you on this,

What is there to agree with, we are talking about hard facts here. Something is either a fact or it isn't. (refering to the ISON thing)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoParadigm
reply to post by Arken

The triangle in the pic is not the shape of ISON. It is the result of several long exposure shots and a change in camera perspectives, making it look like 3 lines with an angle, when it is in fact just a dot.

I has been explained a hundred times and the evidence has been presented throughout that thread.

What a headless chicken farm of moronic proportions.
edit on 20-8-2013 by NeoParadigm because: (no reason given)

thats the only explanation that could be thought up to explain what were seeing doesn't mean its true we will soon see the truth lol

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoParadigm

I wasn't trying to imply that you were losing the argument. I agree that obviously you weren't. I was just pointing out that name calling and such is usually done by those who are wrong instead of just admitting they were wrong.

And most of us (including myself) have been guilty of getting frustrated by the ridiculousness of the crap spewed by some people and have resorted to name calling...but it is way funnier when you are the calm one with the facts on your side and let them lose their $h!t. Not to mention that sometimes your post will be deleted by the mods when you "attack" a person instead of a post - and then no one can see your post.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Guys, play nice. We could be at each other's throats all the time, but the more important matter is that questions in this thread have been addressed: the weird appearance of ISON in the Hubble image, and the close (actually not that close) approach to Mars.

Onwards and upwards.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zedy63

thats the only explanation that could be thought up to explain what were seeing doesn't mean its true we will soon see the truth lol

If you use information that is provided to us by NASA itself, namely the Hubble imagery of ISON, to come up with a supposed mystery, you also have to accept that, based on what we know about Hubble, its orbit, ISON's position, and the imaging method that was used, the display in the imagery is EXACTLY what one would expect to see under those conditions.

If you still don't believe it you are saying that there is something wrong with at least one those aspects. Tell me, which one(s)?

You can even view the seperate exposures that prove how the image was built up out of multiple exposures.

There really is no doubt here.

Btw, I don't trust NASA either, but if things add up, they add up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join