It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops: Okla. Teens Killed Baseball Player 'for Fun'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

This is ridiculous- the guy was shot in the back. More weapons don't make society safer, just the opposite. If guns were rare gun crime would be rare too.

Actually, [color=CC9966]the actuarial statistics prove your assertions false.

Which part of

WHEN GUNS ARE OUTLAWED, ONLY THE OUTLAWS WILL HAVE GUNS

is difficult to understand?

Put yourself in the place of a criminal with a gun.

Would you then prefer to rob a home with guns and the owner trained and willing to use it in proper defense of his life and property?

Or would you prefer to rob a home without guns and the owners cowering whimperingly in the bathroom?

Which?

edit on 20/8/2013 by BO XIAN because: tags

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by jefwane

It's gotten to the point that you can identify the the group a suspect belongs to by the omission of this fact.
Or they are illegal aliens, if you live in California and looking at mainstream media.

The fact that they were posting their "exploits" on Facebook indicates that there is a thug culture that supports randomly killing people just because they are white, what they call "polar bear hunting".

Lack of gun laws is not the problem because, according to already existing laws, none of them should have owned a gun.
edit on 20-8-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Polar Bear Hunting?
When did that term spring up? Never heard of it before.

Me either?

Whoever came up with that phrase obviously isn't very educated. If they knew better, they'd know a polar bear is the last creature you want to cross in the wild. The'll stalk you for miles over the course of days -- one swipe of their massive paws and you're dead. Polar bears are so serious that if one is spotted in a native village it HAS to be shot. It's simply to risky to let it get used to humans.

Polar bear hunting? Ha, they could at least come up with a more derogatory and racist term for a white person.

I think anyone found guilty of "polar bear hunting" should be dropped off in the arctic with 5 days worth of supplies and a .45. Set them loose and tell them to go "hunt a polar bear". Let's see how well that works out.

Stupid thugs.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

The guy was shot in the back. I don't think that if he was armed with a gun himself it would have changed anything.

Just saying.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Gee wilikers Batman,
I wonder how the word "bored" became
so powerful a motive in this country of ours.

It couldn't be
because of the
corporate controlled media.

Could it?

Mike

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

If kids today do adult crimes, they should be tried and punished as adults. If you don't know the difference between right and wrong by the age of 12, you're either mentally handicapped or your parents didn't spend the time to discipline or raise you with any sense of moral values.

Unfortunately this is what we get when more legal power is given to children than their parents. Disciplining kids today is frowned upon. If parents smack their kids for doing something wrong it's considered to be child abuse. Most baby boomers were raised by parents who physically disciplined their children when they were caught doing something that was morally wrong. Most of us wouldn't dare using vulgar language in the presence of our parents or in front of a teacher. Talk back to a teacher or get in trouble at school, you were paddled, and than you got it worst when your parents found out about it at home.

The point here is, children used to have consequences for their actions. Sure, back than some parents went overboard and the discipline bordered on child abuse. However, children would think twice before engaging in bad behavior. I remember the simple phrase repeated many times by friends of mine, "if I did that my parents would kill me!" Of course that was an exaggeration, but many kids back then stopped and thought twice before engaging in any questionable behavior. We knew if mom or dad said no, it meant no. When we were told to do something we did it right then and there, not when we felt like doing it. Ask any employer out there about young adult work ethics and they"ll tell you they can't rely on them!

The problems in the schools have escalated since "paddling" was taken out of the classroom. Today you can't walk down the hallways without hearing kids yelling out the "F-Bomb" or talking back to a teacher. Girls no longer have respect for themselves. More engage in physical fighting and the vulgarity is sometimes spewed more than the boys! Assigned suspensions is like giving kids a mini vacation from school.

Today's schools have police officers and metal detectors at entrances. Some urban schools even have teachers partitioned off from the students to keep the teacher's safe! It's a no brainer to realize that our youth have become more violent today than ever before.

Violent crimes committed by juveniles have risen since the 1980's. If children continue to have free reign and have no "fear" of consequences for their poor behavior, they will continue to devalue respect, consideration and the value of life.

Beginning in 1985, there was a steady growth in the use of guns by juveniles in committing murder. Id. The number of juvenile murders committed with guns more than doubled from 1985 to 1992. Id.

Juvenile gang killings are the fastest growing type of homicide, increasing almost four hundred percent since 1980. Murder in America: Recommendations from the IACP Murder Summit, International Association of Chiefs of Police (May, 1995).

Juvenile arrests for weapon law violations more than doubled between 1983 and 1992. H. Snyder and M. Sickmund, supra. During this time period, adult arrests for weapons offenses increased by twenty-one percent, while juvenile arrests climbed one hundred seventeen percent. Id.

Drug arrest rates for juveniles, especially for non-whites, are rising as well. The arrests of juvenile drug offenders began to move upward in the early 1980's, and then accelerated significantly after 1985 as the distribution of crack coc aine became widespread. A. Blumstein, supra.

Source

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I see that in the last few minutes that Fox News (computer) has the story. No names or pics of suspects. But it does give a link to an Australian computer news link that gives the names and the pics.

I need say no more.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Polar Bear Hunting?
Obviously this is a term not allowed to be used in mainstream media, so is something I learned on "alternative" media, namely, Republic Broadcasting.
There are a couple of pro Second Amendment shows on that network where they talk about what the real threats are out there and why people should be armed.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

This is what you get when you become a society of "no consequences."
You can't discipline your child any more. That's child abuse.

30 years ago, more kids had to work, if they wanted a car, special clothing, ect. Now, it seems to be a rare thing, them having to work for anything, and there sure are more material things for them to covet.

You’re right. Absolutely right. ‘No consequence’ has so much to do with that.

AND - it has to do with work. I agree with that point also - but I also want to add - Think of all the jobs there were even 20 years ago that just do not exist for kids anymore.

More to say on that but I’ll need a bit to put that together. It’s good food for thought though.

peace

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by resoe26

Polar Bear Hunting?
Obviously this is a term not allowed to be used in mainstream media, so is something I learned on "alternative" media, namely, Republic Broadcasting.
There are a couple of pro Second Amendment shows on that network where they talk about what the real threats are out there and why people should be armed.

"Polar Bear Hunting" is an urban sport, and yes, it is racial (which is why you won't see it in the lamestream media)and involves attacking a victim from behind with no warning.

urbangrounds.com...

edit on 20-8-2013 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

True, 20 years ago there were a lot more service industry and retail jobs for teenagers. These days, and in this economy more and more 20 and 30 somethings are snatching up those jobs.

So what do you do when you're poor and can't afford those new Air Jordans? Well normally you'd find a job. What? There aren't very many jobs? Hm...well your next door neighbor sells drugs and makes a tidy profit. It's easy and it attracts women too. Why not give that a try?

That's how it starts. I've actually had people tell me that their neighbors don't work and sell drugs and get by in their trailer just fine. I was told it's depressing that they have to work 60 hours a week to support themselves, when it would be so easy just to sell drugs like their neighbor.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

. . . involves attacking a victim from behind with no warning.

Apparently, the only defence is traveling in a group where each person is armed in order to defend themselves against the attack.
Theoretically, you could still be attacked, but the likelyhood is greatly reduced due to a cowardice factor with the type of people who would engage in that sort of "sport" to start with..

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CatherineWheel

But in an Islamic nation where they publicly execute people for murder I doubt these kids wouldn't have been able to find something else to do when they were bored.

You’ve nailed another ‘thought’ to my head - or let it out I should say.

I’m a real subscriber to the opinion ‘rights of passage’ (in the tribal sense) are sooo lacking in American youth. Can you imagine how kids as a whole would be better off if peer pressure focused on readying yourself for living a month in the wilderness wearing only a loin cloth and a knife?
I mean that is a bit extreme but I think you know what I’m getting at.

Also - I’d really like to have the time to do a search on all the youth killings in the last 50 years and find out just how many of those child/teen murderers came from farm families - where you had to raised a calf or lamb, whatever - only to kill it for food. Think about it. I mean it’s not realistic (at the moment) to compare American kids to Nations where a big part of their life is witnessing human death. The USA is lucky that way. My point - though I’m making it badly. If kids had to bloody their hands for real more often? I think there’d be a lot less ‘curiosity’ about killing. Or - you’d find out when they were young what kids liked killing and deal with them from there.

I know I should edit this before I post - it’s a bit confusing - but I think you’ll get the drift.

peace

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
They deserve to die
like the cowards they are.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Your post is so scary on so many levels of truth it's almost painful to read.

I remember hearing stories of my folks and grand folks. Their paper routs. Working at carwashes and gas stations. Their Mom or Pop's grocery. Waitress work after school at a 'Hop' etc. Apprenticing to some master to learn a trade. The list goes on and on.

How bloody sad is that.

peace

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Antipathy17

You’re right - it isn’t just parenting. It’s everything. You can’t look around without sex, violence and filth spewing right before your eyes. There’s nothing decent left in the world - or very little. No attempt made at giving ‘youth’ anything decent to follow. Anything wholesome and good.

(The rest of this post isn't necessarily directed at you Antipathy)

And yeah, I’m going to say it - and why - because the facts of history prove it. The USA opted out of Christianity and look what it got them. If you don’t like my opinion I could give a flying Frisbee. Facts are facts. Wake up people. You might not like it - you might think you’re oh so witty and suave to joke about God as the ‘imaginary friend in the sky’ but you know what? You’re wrong.

And if you’re not? Follow the filth. Follow it right back to when the USA was a good place to live. Where kids had respect and cared. Follow the filth right back to what - that times changes when the Church and Family was juggled way down the list of priorities after television, video games, head-banger hate music, free-sex, etc.

If you don’t believe it’s the lack of practicing Christianity that has the USA (humanity) in the mess it‘s in? How about telling us what you think the cause may be. That would be an interesting debate. You already know where I’m coming from. Have at it.

peace

Spot on Silo! Couldn't have said it better. Star for you.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I like how a lot of you have grabbed on to the "bored" issue. Something doesn't fly here:

In the report it says

A young Australian man who was in the US on a baseball scholarship is dead because three bored teenagers decided to kill somebody for fun
but it sounds like something else when you read through the whole story. A few parts that don't seemingly fit the "bored" statement

"They saw Christopher go by, and one of them said: 'There's our target,"
They went looking for a target, and decided on this guy.

"The boy who has talked to us said, 'We were bored and didn't have anything to do, so we decided to kill somebody.'
As pointed out below, only one kid made this statement.
Then from CNN

When police eventually arrested the three teens -- ages 15, 16 and 17 -- one of them offered up a motive that made clear that Lane, who attended East Central University on a baseball scholarship, was chosen at random

My point is that it seems very random behavior to conduct such a random attack, but if these three teens were trying to get into a gang then the attack starts to makes sense (not that violence is sensible). Without stating what their motives where for the shooting (other than "boredom") They could be protecting the gang they are trying to get in to, they give themselves a sense of "street cred", and more importantly they publicly show that they're "dangerous".

It would seem that they targeted a guy in an area where they should have known that they would be caught. Witnesses were present, cameras were in the area, and preformed the attack during hours of traffic for the area.

Clearly the teens weren't doing this because they were "bored", they had another agenda. Hopefully it will get brought to light during the court hearing.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

But, trying to salvage something from this discussion - If it’s not the lack of the Church then what is it? The lack of caring? The lack of backbone - something every American seems to be suffering from. What is it that would send three young men out to shoot and kill someone for FUN?

peace

A lack of moral guidance, the job of the parents. No one else is as wholly responsible for a child's moral compass than their parents. If the parents leave the kid's to sit in front of tv watching the brain corrupting drivel all day, then that is their responsibility.

Society has a propensity to outsource responsibility. Its a blame culture, its always someone else's fault.
Its the school's fault, it's the media's fault, it's mtv's fault, its that damn rock n roll, or that damn hip hop.

But no, it's collectively societies fault, because art/media is a reflection of society, and so are the action's of it's "people". Society allowed an overtly corrupt and ruthless political elite to make a lot of money in corporate back-handers to be a mouthpiece for big business, and not a mouthpiece for the people.

People need to stop expecting a government to fix this mess, and work together in their own local communities to fix it themselves. Building some youth clubs would be the first step in the right direction.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneManArmy

But, trying to salvage something from this discussion - If it’s not the lack of the Church then what is it? The lack of caring? The lack of backbone - something every American seems to be suffering from. What is it that would send three young men out to shoot and kill someone for FUN?

peace

A lack of moral guidance, the job of the parents. No one else is as wholly responsible for a child's moral compass than their parents. If the parents leave the kid's to sit in front of tv watching the brain corrupting drivel all day, then that is their responsibility.

Society has a propensity to outsource responsibility. Its a blame culture, its always someone else's fault.
Its the school's fault, it's the media's fault, it's mtv's fault, its that damn rock n roll, or that damn hip hop.

But no, it's collectively societies fault, because art/media is a reflection of society, and so are the action's of it's "people". Society allowed an overtly corrupt and ruthless political elite to make a lot of money in corporate back-handers to be a mouthpiece for big business, and not a mouthpiece for the people.

People need to stop expecting a government to fix this mess, and work together in their own local communities to fix it themselves. Building some youth clubs would be the first step in the right direction.

True, but when I was growing up I was more afraid of my 6'4' 250 lb. father's backhand than a God I could only imagine in church once a week.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

True, but when I was growing up I was more afraid of my 6'4' 250 lb. father's backhand than a God I could only imagine in church once a week.

*Bust out laughing*...

I sooo agree! And we couldn’t call Department of Social Services then either!

But all morbid kidding aside? I think we ended up better people for it.

peace

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

They did it for the fun of it....... Even if guns never existed... they still wanted to kill someone for the fun of it...

FOR THE FUN OF IT......

I'm sorry but that doesn't sound like a gun control issue to me..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join