It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Society Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I need some help from ATS secret society experts about the following question...Have you ever heard of a secret society where a loyal member is appointed as a person who listens to other members confessions almost like the priests do in confessional. This member is chosen for this duty when the members own life is soon to end. Does this ring a bell for anyone? Also is there a SS where the member picks out or is given their specific date of their own death?

edit on 8/20/13 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

Sounds like Skull & Bones...I have no idea though. That is crazy sounding.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Why?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Why?
reply to post by MadMax7

I knew this man who in his last 6 months before he passed away started to get visitors on a regular basis, these visitors were all men and I knew he really didn't know them. He would always meet with them privately in his garage, I happened to over hear some of these meetings, it became clear to me that these men were there to make their confessions to him.

Right before he passed away we were digging up a dead apple tree and planted an avocado tree in its place, when we had finished that task, he looks at me in the eyes and in a very serious tone he says "I know why I must die, It is for the sole purpose to make room here on earth for the next one" He passed away on july 3rd. which was the day his mother was born july 3rd and the day his mother died july 3rd.
edit on 8/20/13 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Another thing that I almost forgot to mention was that after this mans death I started running into men (all of them were elderly men) wearing black arm bands around their upper arm...At the post office I finally asked the gentleman in line behind me( who was wearing a black arm band) what they meant and he said, they are worn to honor your friend's death....Nothing all that strange there, except that it is a very old tradition and the fact that none of these black arm band men were at his funeral....

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I don't know , but never expect them to tell the truth to you because there is no such concept in Freemasonry.

They paint their doubts with new doubts.

peace.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Sounds like he may have been a "Sin-eater"

The term sin-eater refers to a person who, through ritual means, would take on by means of food and drink the sins of a household, often because of a recent death, thus absolving the soul and allowing that person to rest in peace. In the study of folklore sin-eating is considered a form of religious magic.

Maybe, wealthy men or certain Secret Societies have/use "Sin-eaters" to resolve their unforgivin sins before their time is near so that they would not have to pay for them in the after life. If this is the case, then this man could have been taking on the sins of others and he had to pass it onto another before he dies...so as to keep "passing the buck" to the next "Sin-eater". The idea of having a specific date of death for a "Sin-eater" could be insurance that a new "Sin-eater" would be trained and ready in the ways to relieve the other of all the sins he has taken on. This may be passed on within bloodlines to explain the common dates of death you've noticed.

This makes sense considering that these people could be involved with a lot of dark and sinister plots and using a "Sin-eater" would absolved them from their evil deeds, which they probably believed was justified for the greater good of coarse!

Atoning for Sins is a very ancient concept and was the sole reason for animal sacrifice. They believe that sins could be transferred to another (though some say it served as a reminder of their sin). The term "Scape-goat" comes from sacrificing a goat to pay for another's sin or wrong doings!

What do you think? Possible?

Edit: see also: The Order (2003 film)

edit on 20-8-2013 by iwan2ski because: Added another reference

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by iwan2ski

First off thanks for your insight...I saw that movie...and if this is a case of a sin-eater...kind of spooks me, but also compels me to investigate this idea of yours further...As for the older men in town that were wearing the black arm bands, they were retired military and government types...and the gentleman this story is about was in the military, USAF I believe but he retired from his own business as a General Contractor...Its a mystery and will probably remain one, but thats fine by me I love a good mystery and for the record I truly miss this man, He was my Dad.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Interesting! I've been in the USAF for 14 years and haven't heard of anyone wearing black arm bands as some military tradition, but maybe it dates back to something older. I'll poke the question around some of our older and close to retiring brethren to see if they heard of this. If I hear something new, I'll let you know!

BTW, so this man was your father? Either way, sorry for you loss!

I wish you luck on cracking this mystery and would love to hear any updates on whatever you dig up!

top topics

join