It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Government "Pulverizes" Guardian Hard Drives In Snowden Retaliation, Says "There's No Need To

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

I brake your hard drives ... sooner or later you'll have to retrieve the information from elsewhere ... I can wait.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I am useless with computers and networking, just have a rudimentary understanding of how it all works. However, under these sorts of circumstances, would the 'Meshweb' concept be utilised as the means of delivery for any 'dead man switch' communication...??

I understand enough to know that the original forms of the Deep Web / Darknet were and are damn difficult to police. Is this Meshweb concept more easily accessible for the security services - and is that a conspiracy in itself? Is the Meshweb being paraded as the next version of the internet because it is easier to patrol and track nodal communication?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I would guess all the information is safe somewhere. From another standpoint, I find it hard to believe that the NSA can claim any 'Intellectual right' to the information they 'stole' from individuals, (I'm talking online here) since that information like e-mails for instance, is not copyright, or at least I don't put a copyright on any e-mails I send. From that view it is in the public domain, and anybody can copy it. So, if from now on, we all put a copyright on everything we write, e-mail, phone calls and texting blah blah, and the NSA/NCTC take a copy of our scribings, then they are in fact behaving illegally by flaunting copyright. So they can either cough up the dough on the royalty that the writer asks, or leave it alone, or in fact steal it. If they get catched, they have no comeback.

Sounds childish doesn't it? Yet the very same thing has already been done to hundreds, perhaps thousands of music enthusiasts who's passion was making midi files, (wholly digital sounds) of their favourite songs who had to take down their online collections that they created, or pay a royalty to whoever owned the song rights, something that started in Americas music industry out of greed more like.

I should add, this forum has the copyright of all the material on it, so is not in question here.
edit on 21-8-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I think I must be missing something here...many have mentioned the almost certain backups the Guardian and presumably the reporter/journalist would have as a matter of good business practices. But what's to stop Snowden from just being interviewed again in his new spot or by phone? I mean are they counting on him being taken out soon so that he doesn't hear of this event (or did I miss something major)? And surely the journalist could do enough from memory and/notes? It just seems bizarre to me. Ad the pic of the detained dudes hardware - absolutely stripped - is there some microchip or something that they think Snowden passed to the reporter who they think his it somewhere? Where better than in another country (Brazil)? That to me would also imply they have already done a thorough comb through of Greenwalds flat and all belongings as well.

As for the Guardian, they physically destroyed all their drives for every story and archive they had? Is there no legal challenge to such invasive disruption of business in the UK? And why would they take it on themselves to do this and telegraph the US to let them know? Perhaps there really is no USA and we've been British property all along as some have theorized anyway and thus part of the info could be related to this?

Whatever it is, this is either some bizarre distraction from something even more astounding because all they have done is to guarantee more and more public dissent against the PTB. Or perhaps they want that so they can just consider us all terrorists and call down martial law and wipe out the useless eaters. Its only made me want to know just how far and bad this all is!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
From the Guardian via Daily Mail

Pictured: The hard drive containing documents leaked by whistleblower Edward Snowden destroyed with ANGLE GRINDERS on British PM David Cameron's orders
-Link title from main DM-US page.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I don't know what they actually broke, but the items depicted in that picture, as pointed out on a LOT of technology sites point out, is NOT a hard drive.

Its a motherboard, and a graphics card (broken in half).

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
Is the Meshweb being paraded as the next version of the internet because it is easier to patrol and track nodal communication?

Depends if we need to pay someone monthly fees to use it (i.e. taxes - which pay for the government surveillance).

If the service is totally free than ppl will use it regardless if they're monitored or not since the net is monitored too.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
We need to rise up and take our planet back from these monsters. # the law. They don't abide by it, so why the # should we play their game by their rules? Enough of us need to rise up and teach these #ers a lesson and set an example that will not be forgotten in a hurry. The streets of London need to run red with the blood of these traitorous terrorists. And anyone who comes to their aid needs to share the same fate.

Isn't it such a damn shame, and fortunate for the elite, that nobody actually cares? People are weak and pathetic, and we all deserve all this # that we have allowed to be brought upon ourselves.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I agree that we are all weak and apathetic and dont really care what happens. It takes very few people to stand up and be counted for the world to change for the better. However, I think everyone is scared that they will be beaten up. I see all this talk about guns and kicking butt, - only I dont see any actual action, only a huge amount of bluster.

I posted a thread trying to discuss the way to ensure whistleblowers could be protected, but only 1 person replied. Maybe I placed it in a strange place? Perhaps I should reword it and put in more mainstream on the forum? Maybe it was not interesting at all?

A discussion on whistle-blowing and how best to make it secure.,

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join