It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The national debt and deficit are RISING and not falling like some think.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
There seems to be some confusion on this topic. Comments I have read on ATS lead me to believe that some of us think these numbers are falling. They aren't. Here is the U.S. national debt clock in real time, its pretty amazing. I must admit, I don't know as much about this subject as Id like to but these numbers are all going up. The U.S. national debt will reach 17 trillion dollars in the next few weeks and the U.S. federal deficit budget will reach 800 billion here soon. The total U.S. Debt is a just under a soon to be 60 trillion.
NO I don't hate Obama, I just think he is an idiot. I just wanted to clear this up because when they say on the news that one of these numbers is down, I cant figure out why they are saying that. Then I hear people say it and then read comment on ATS that people are saying it, well here it is, check it out.

Also, I realize this is a thread that wont get many comments, but if everyone sees this then we will all be on the same page, atleast for those who are interested so flags appreciated. Thanks
www.usdebtclock.org...
edit on 20-8-2013 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

The deficit is down and the one they talk about that way. It was 400-500 billion negative a year under Bush and the wars...rose to a high around 1.5 trillion under Obama and is, on paper anyway, back 'down' to 900 billion or so now. That doesn't count the Fed and the 85 billion a month or 1 trillion a year they toss in..so by my math, I get a new record high ..but somehow their fuzzy covered calculators come up happy signs.

The National Debt isn't climbing. I know the clock looks that way but check it again tomorrow or several days from now.

Treasury Ran $98 Billion Deficit in July--But Debt Stayed Exactly $16,699,396,000,000

Extraordinary measures by Secretary Lew...mean the 98 Billion dollar deficit happened alright....and the money was produced. It just wasn't produced in the direction we expect, so it's confusing..because they won't DARE say how it IS happening, in plain English. Can we say political suicide?

If you cannot RAISE the money for what you are DETERMINED to spend it on? You must CUT your way to getting the money. 98 billion hacked and slashed in some other direction, beneath that national debt cap, to make up the money in the direction they DID want it.

Pretty wild ride when even the laws of economics start becoming negotiable and enforced on an 'as needed' basis, eh?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
. Yeah, im so confused

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Get ready for an onslaught by people who will disagree Venomously.

You will be bombarded with graphs and charts that compare numbers that have nothing to do with this.

They will Insist you are all wrong.

You will get arguments about 'spending' compared to 'GDP' and other such useless material like unemployment figures.

All ya have to do is point to the Spending Deficits and how that continues to add the the National Debt because they can't seem to spend less than they take in.

There hasn't been a 'Spending Surplus' since 2001.

You will hear how it's all Bush's fault too (can't leave him out of this God forbid
)

Obama is the "Last of the Bigtime Spenders" (Hopefully
)

He has the honor of being the very first $Trillion Man.

He has held that Oscar for 4 years straight (another record).

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
They committed Usury and are paying the price. They are eating their paper with Szechuan sauce. You Know the one that numbs your talkative lips...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The reason they don't really care or do anything about the debt is because it don't matter other than use it for political fear mongering. It just paper. They could easily print our way out of debt which they are doing but slowly. There is no debt. The debt as it called is just a part of a managed system.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

They are negative printing themselves out of a delicate situation. The FED is buying its own debt back and sweating bullets when they test the waters by saying they will stop QE. At the same time they will not stop because of the backlashing they will get when they are rightfully blamed for tanking the system they created. Their constituents won't stand for losses... You know it was a mathematical certainty that this would happen.
ETA it is all sixes and sevens ZevenZ

edit on 20-8-2013 by Emeraldous because: World Gwar Z

edit on 20-8-2013 by Emeraldous because: ROLDgold

edit on 20-8-2013 by Emeraldous because: change vid

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazztrance
. Yeah, im so confused

What wrabbit2000 is saying is that the numbers they talk about on TV are typically the deficit numbers. The deficit is the difference between how much they spend and how much money they actually have to spend. When you hear of "deficit spending", that means they are spending more money than what they actually have available to them, meaning that deficit spending increases the debt. There is always deficit spending, which means the debt is always increasing. If they decrease the deficit it simply means they have decreased the speed at which the debt is rising, but it's still rising.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

It just paper. They could easily print our way out of debt which they are doing but slowly. There is no debt.

It's quite the opposite actually, new money is typically created via some sort of debt monetization process, meaning that the act of creating new money also creates debt... because money is equal to debt in this system.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Lol wtf?

Who says the debt and deficit aren't rising??

The fiscal operating debt is 17+ trillion, and the unfunded liabilities debt is nearly 90 trillion.

We're running full speed towards economic collapse. And I think it's being done on purpose.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
The reason they don't really care or do anything about the debt is because it don't matter other than use it for political fear mongering. It just paper. They could easily print our way out of debt which they are doing but slowly. There is no debt. The debt as it called is just a part of a managed system.

How absurd. The Federal Reserve prints the money and "sells" it to the Treasury with interest.

Every time a bill is printed we add to the debt.

new topics

top topics

join