It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Blood in the Sands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It has been quite awhile since I posted a rant of any kind - though some of my in thread "moderator notes" probably read like rants. The fact of the matter is that my real world life got rough enough, for awhile, that ranting became damn near impossible. I was far too busy applying tourniquets to never ending surge of new problems to have any free time to rant about any one particular thing.

In fact, even as I type these words, I am already aware that I am not going to end up ranting about any one particular thing - even though I sincerely set out to do so when I opened this window. It is a sad testimony to our current world situation that one cannot gripe about a single subject without a domino effect of associations following closely behind.

My ability to phrase a rant at all is a blessing. Those who keep up with my posts and threads know that, due to a series of circumstances, I was unable to get medication for my PTSD and Bipolar disorder for a number of months. Having to rough it, sans medication, during that period of time was an ordeal I do not wish to expound upon - nor to ever have to go through again. It was a nightmare that seemingly took an eternity to wake from.

But, awake, I am now. Awake enough to see. Awake enough to see things that genuinely hurt my soul. Awake enough to read the news, digest the facts, and reflect upon all that I access. Awake enough to form opinions. Awake enough to collate data...

As I sit back, calm and with a clear head, I find myself asking a single, concise, and very clear question:

What the bloody Hell is wrong with us???

Divide and conquer is an ages old tactic and is an effective means of controlling a population. Everyone on ATS is clued into this fact and smart enough to understand it. Some of us even see ourselves as above such influences. Yet, day after day, I read threads and see divide and conquer in all of its glory. Not just entertained, but rabidly engaged in with all of the ferocity of Gladiatorial combatants filled with an insatiable blood lust.

We know that we are being played against each other. We enter the fray utterly aware of this agenda. Yet it still happens the very moment we enter the arena..

We entirely forsake logic and allow ourselves to become obsessively filled with the rhetorical biases of the home team. We embrace the propaganda as we unsheathe our swords and run headlong into the carnage. Swinging wildly we repeat the talking points - even when we know they are wrong - as we scream "No quarter!!!"

All the while, Nero and the elites sit in their Podium - enjoying the spectacle of watching those beneath them bathe in the blood of the weaker participants. Wine flowing in the box seats, blood flowing on the sands. All for the fun of it. All for the glory of Rome.

It is clear to me why they revel in the war and discord. My question... Why do we seem to enjoy it so much too? Why are we willing conspirators in our own demise?

At what point to do we all choose, as one, to stop bloodying the sands and refuse to play their games?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Because youre (unfortunately) giving people too much credit.

Its even evident on ATS where people are 1,000x more informed than the general public.

We still buy into partisan politics Left vs Right, conservative vs liberal (I do it too at times).

People still buy into the so called "war on terror".

I see people defending every establishment theme from GMO foods to vaccines.

Many also seem to think that government is actually here to help us...

edit on 19-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Hefficide, the main problem is that they are playing both sides of the game and exploit the weakness of the masses against themselves. It's not just physical but psychological as well. You have seen it, cause the problem, provide the solution. The average person either doesn't know or they simply do not want to know. It's just easier to let someone else do the thinking for them.

A soldier enters the military with ideas of glorious battles and being victorious. He is shown pictures of parades, marching men in pressed uniforms and shining brass. He is then indoctrinated into the military system and they boost the idea that he is the biggest and baddest soldier on the face of the planet, neigh unto indestructible. Then he is sent into battle and discovers the truth, war is hell and there is no glory. Only the dead, those that are going to die and those that survive.

Why does this continue, it's simple, those that love this recruit the young men at a time when they are most venerable. For the rest they cause a crisis to elicit support for a war that has no true bases. The cycle continues, your pain, their gain.

You can't win a game that is played with loaded dice, you must get rid of the game. But as long as people can be played like a fine tuned fiddle it's not about to change unless the players want a new game. When your a pawn, your just a piece in the game. The game masters are setting on plush seats in the shaded balcony, far above the carnage happening below. Even if you refuse to play, they will just get another pawn to take your place.

Soon this game will come to an end and they will start a new game and make it look like it was your idea. The only wining pieces are those that refuse to play but sadly they are few and far between.

Hefficide, you have played the game and survived and seen it for what it is, it is time to hold fast and look after your own so that they don't enter and play the game.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Yeah. I for one am a bonafide hypocrite. Another spoiled young American. While knowing others are failing to survive, I continue to work my 9-5. Smoke it off, drink it off. I fail to see the world's reality through the jungle of information.

How can you trust any charity fund? Who knows that that money isn't going towards someone else's bad habits?

I think what we all want to know is, "What can we do???" perhaps "Where is our hero?" These questions I think about often, but always come up with nothing.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Heff, you need a drink from the fountain of history!

There is no disputing that the US Empire is falling. History shows us how this will unfold. The history of the Roman empire and the British Empire are parallels.

It seems that the process is quicker and this stands to reason in a wired (wireless?) world. The current stage of thinks is to suppress the very people the Empire should serve! This happened in both of the previous Empires.

You can only push the people so far before they turn and tear you to pieces. It is coming!

The current parallels between the US Govt and Nazi Germany are striking. All the same toys brought out changed only to suit the modern environment. As usual the next Empire is ready to start it's long wind up.

P

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Why do we seem to enjoy it so much too? Why are we willing conspirators in our own demise? At what point to do we all choose, as one, to stop bloodying the sands and refuse to play their games?

It is said by some that we are born with 'soul contracts' and we must play out certain dramas in order to move to the next level.

IMO, the drama nonsense will only stop when we realize that any desires outside of food, water, shelter, laughter and love are ego-driven and completely unnecessary.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Its all about how we are brought up I suppose. At a very young age we are taught to fight and compete with each other, whether its through the media or the people that teach us. We are taught at a young age to step on others to get what we want, to be "go getters".

Then on most cases, we are taught nationalism, once again thorough the media, and our own parents. Media controls the the past, present and future. We need to turn the tv's off, and get back to being just human.
We are all screaming to be one, but yet we scream this hundreds if not thousands of miles away on something the social media deems "acceptable". Smart phones, Iphones, juicer phones...whatever. It creats this void. Sure I can scream justice on it and millions of people will read it, but they will never feel the majic of being in a crowd that is actually screaming it.

Then you have the media pumping s #it into our heads, and making us paranoid about different places, religions, creeds and races. They make you fear the outside world so you will rely on the government more. You scare the populace, then you say "we will take care of you" then you give them things to forget the threats. You keep them numb, and not able to think for themselfs.

edit on 20-8-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
What the hell is wrong with us (we the people) ?

The majority of the minions are asleep at the wheel... Plain and simple.

They're literally hamsters running around and around mindlessly carrying out their necessary tasks of stomping out the fires of their daily lives, fulfilling their duties, being a good little plebeian.

Keeping the boss happy.
Keeping the spouse happy.
Keeping the kids happy.
Keeping the in-laws happy.
Keeping the friends happy.
Keeping the creditors happy.
Keeping the taxman happy.
Keeping the house happy.
Keeping the yard happy.
Keeping the car happy.
Keeping the tummy happy.

And every now and then...

... keeping themselves happy when they can find the time.

TPTB count on this tactic of keeping the minions too preoccupied with the daily grind of living in a rat race.

And it's working pretty damn good for them, thus far.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
probably due my outdated sense of honour and sense of justice ... find that much as would prefer to have nothing to do with the world .. that must at least speak out against the evil and injustices that seen over the years .. learned long ago to live with the ptsd and nightmares .. when it gets bad fire up a cigarette .. mix a drink sit back and laugh at the absurdity of it all from my retreat far from that cesspool people call civilization ..

top topics

join