It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good lord, people. Think about what you're believing in!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by jiggerj

What are you, the devil's advocate? If so, it doesn't sell very well.

If you read to the END of the Bible, you will note that it ends, happily ever after in NON-DUALITY where hell and death and the devil are thrown away, leaving only the free flowing living water of eternal life.

edit on 19-8-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

Not quite it ends well for a minority on the "New Earth" the rest burn on an old destroyed earth. Given the numbers this would mean about 6 Billion dead men, women and children.........what a nice person God is.!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

Dont be selfish, you & god. Pray for everybody....or is that to much to ask of an omni powerful god? And may I ask why do you pray? Being an atheist I am a little rusty on my bible verses. But I do beleive in Psalms It say God has a plan for each one of us. That he knew the exact time of your birth and your death and all that happens in between. His plan.

So if he/she has YOUR life all planned out and knows each and every millisecond. Then why are you praying to him/her? It is a contradiction. And contradictions in religion and the bible....you beleivers dont do contradictions do you? You'll say That's the way god wants it. So if that's the way it is......Gods plan for me was for me to be an atheist and not beleive in any of it. So dont flame me, flame God he wants it this way. That's logical thinking, at least for me it is.
So if God has a plan for us all, and knows when we will be born and when we will die and all the days in between, that he/she planned each and every second of our lives. The he /she is responsable for every abortion that has ever taken place on this earth. Because it's his.her plan. Correct. Because God said it. He/she cant PLAN all folks lives, then abstain from being responsable for every abortion and murder for that fact that ever took place. Logic, religion dont have much of it. How can one beleive in something that's as illogical as an omni powerful god.
edit on 20-8-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Thats only IF we go to hell.

edit on 14/08/2013 by Dmvr34 because: none

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Heaven isn't a place made for just "little ole me". It is there for you too. Yes, you are correct... belief in heaven is also a belief in hell, because they are both Biblical places or concepts. Your description of hell, regardless of it's accuracy, is all the more reason to believe in an all mighty and loving God, and the Heaven that he resides in.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Good Lord, do christians and jews bother you that bad that you cannot shut up about them?

I'll tell you what. I will personally go and buy you a tube of Preparation H cooling gel, that you can rub on whatever butt hurt orifice it will soothe the most and then mail it to you. Send me a PM with your name and mailing address. I will even pay to mail it first class USPS.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
There is such a HUGE difference between Religion and God just as there is with Science and God.

The Bible is a great tool for the beginner in spirituality. The Bible is a book composed many years ago and the main theme of the book is one mans story. His-story if you will. His-story represents all of man which includes the first Adam.

Without religion the Bible becomes a beautiful piece of work that conveys so much more than a church/preacher gives it credit.

Let the seeker seek and follow their OWN heart. The Word speaks to all of us differently because we are all on a different path. This said path leads us all to the same place like branches on a tree or spokes on a wheel. We are the bread that feeds both negative and positive. I choose to feed the positive in most instances however.

Hell and Heaven is a temporary state of mind. It's not a place for all of eternity. We are more than just a boring, continuous state of mind that never changes.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter
reply to post by jiggerj

okay. well was it christianity that came first though? seems to me that there were more gods to follow before christianity came along. i will go to hel the goddess of death when i die, and Valhalla shall await me

Good luck with that, because all those gods were nothing but statues like this Apis-bull.

BTW if you wanted to get into Valhalla you had to die honorably in battle with valor. Then Ragnarok comes and you die anyway right along with your "gods".

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Different courses for different horses. Some people are inclined to heaven, for others that is their perception of hell.
People have a right to believe what they will, people also have a right to voice their opinions on the beliefs of others.

As much as the religious like to ram their beliefs down the throats of others, the "scientific", "materialistic" thinkers also like to ram their perception of reality down the throats of everyone else. There really is no difference.

Just like they have a belief that it is their duty to god to spread the word of god, scientists have the right and feel its their duty to bring "common sense" & "provable materialism" to the "faithful" to bring them out of their "ignorance".

It is sites like this that allow me to debate certain ideas with intelligent minds(and not so intelligent) and then to remould my own perceptions and ideas about reality. It is in debating the religious and the scientists alike that I can form some sort of concensus as to the true nature of reality.

I see you feel the need to debate the religious and bring them out of their "self imposed ignorance to reality".
But is that your job? Arent you just supposed to be cementing your own version of reality without pushing your beliefs onto others. Who knows, maybe we are all wrong, maybe we are all right, until we face our judgement day(death) then who is to know? I try not to have predetermined "definites".
As soon as I think Im sure about something then something happens that challenges that perception.
I learned to never say never years ago.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Marry me right this very second!!! S&F for sure

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Can you provide sources and evidence please? Just saying it doesn't make it true.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Shoudnt this be in rants

This is nothing but a big whinge and whine from an antichristian
You offer nothing valid or worthy of a reply

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Shoudnt this be in rants

This is nothing but a big whinge and whine from an antichristian
You offer nothing valid or worthy of a reply

Hello, Mr. Pot? This is Kettle. Long time, bro!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Shame on YOU. (think it through, as a "Christian")

Since when does Christianity not believe in demons or Hell?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Is THIS what you want to believe in???????? Are you completely out of your minds???????

Yes. They want to believe in it. Why else would they if they weren't able to satiate a desire in the process? They like their fables, enough so that they put all of their trust in a book. In fact, I think they almost need this book, as they like to say we all do, but only because it is the one thing stopping them from becoming animals.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
reply to post by jeramie

Dont be selfish, you & god. Pray for everybody....or is that to much to ask of an omni powerful god? And may I ask why do you pray? Being an atheist I am a little rusty on my bible verses. But I do beleive in Psalms It say God has a plan for each one of us. That he knew the exact time of your birth and your death and all that happens in between. His plan.

So if he/she has YOUR life all planned out and knows each and every millisecond. Then why are you praying to him/her? It is a contradiction. And contradictions in religion and the bible....you beleivers dont do contradictions do you?

You believe in Psalms that say's God has a plan for each of us, but how can you BELIEVE in something if the main part of what you are saying you believe in is GOD, and at the same time be an athiest?

Now its you contradicting yourself.

But as for mankinds representations of God, what do you expect, mankind interprets things, interpretations change according to political and social ideals of the times, and above all, being human, we make mistakes.
The contradictions in the bible just cement the fact that religious texts are created by people for people.
Not infallable Gods.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Say it ain't so Jigger!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

HAS TO BE YOUR BEST THREAD YET.

"Good lord, people. Think about what you're believing in!"
Man o man .. I totally agree.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Shame on YOU. (think it through, as a "Christian")

Since when does Christianity not believe in demons or Hell?

Since we came to understand and recognize the true nature and power of the Great Work of Christ in whom there's no such thing.

The problem was you were telling another person that demons would be taking them away to hell simply because they don't believe or freely choose not to. Surely God's love transcends a lack of belief..

A true Christian would not wish that on his worst enemy.

The notion of - "accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, or, go to hell" just isn't congruent with the love of God.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by jiggerj

What are you, the devil's advocate? If so, it doesn't sell very well.

If you read to the END of the Bible, you will note that it ends, happily ever after in NON-DUALITY where hell and death and the devil are thrown away, leaving only the free flowing living water of eternal life.

The rest of it is to test our mettle, and you've failed jigger, just as abysmally as many if not most "Bible believers".

What you're selling (the duality) I tend to think of as the last lie of the devil.

Therefore you may wish to consider that the entire frame of the Bible is whole and complete, and that it ends happily ever after.

But as a staunch atheist, if you met the God of love in the not TOO distant future, would you accept and embrace God like that of a beloved and beloved other? Because God loves you more than you can at this point, imagine.

I invite your reply.

Best Regards,

NAM
The Bride of Christ aka, Bob.

P.S. It's a valid concern I suppose, but real and authentic unconditional love doesn't deal in fear or threats, so there's an obvious flaw in traditional "Christian" theology/doctrine, whereby Jesus crashed the gate of hell, and did not generate yet another duality of even greater intensity along with an expanded hell. C'mon, do you think we're all idiots?

How could anyone take pleasure in being included in heaven only at the expense of everyone who didn't make it, or who freely chose to be atheist, or who didn't get the memo? That is not my kind of heaven I can tell you that much.

In truth there can be no real heaven including heaven on earth unless and until the very prospect of hell no matter how far removed, is utterly removed, because only then can we be motivated to realize true goodness and love for the sake of goodness and love itself, in all it's reward.

No good Christian therefore argues for hell, nor uses hell as a prod by which to bring people to Christ. It's not "Good News" if there's a catch, that unless you accept, you'll be damned and doomed, forever. That's absurd and pathetic, and God as infinite intelligence is quite well aware of the dilemma and if he hasn't already is in the process of working out a new system of governance which needn't compromise with sin and evil to deal with it appropriately, according to his unconquerable love.

"Hell" ought only be a temporary condition wherein you can ball your eyes out with weeping, wailing and even gnashing of teeth while all your mistakes and all their causes plays out on a big screen relative to what it could have been like had you realized the truth while still on the way. It's a type of self-inflicted torcher bounded within a frame of love, which for many would be even worse than hell.

"I just told them the truth and they called it hell!"
~ Harry Truman (hairy true man)

edit on 19-8-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)
COOL!!

So what you're saying is I can do whatever the hell I like, end up in Hell for eternity... but that's ok, because there will be no Hell at the end anyway, so it wont be for eternity.

Cool, so the message is, do as you like because in the end it really wont matter.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join