It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good lord, people. Think about what you're believing in!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter
reply to post by NewAgeMan

it is the gods who stand long before christianity who are the wiser. the judeo christian perception is what weakens ones own magical abilities

Even Jesus himself honored all who went before him when he was speaking to his disciples at the well near Sychar (see the woman at the well when he said that they had come into a harvest that they did not work for, and did not sow, and YET, both sower and reaper rejoice together at the harvest and look - the fields are already ripe! (with townspeople approaching them across the field for reasons that the disciples hadn't yet fathomed, from a Samaritan town no less, the poor dears), - and his "Magnum Opus" amounts to a cosmic theodolite as the true measure of a man! It can't be outdone and who would want to? Magic is only effective if it's compelling, where the sacrifice, of everything that is unreasonable, or insane, is performed with absolute perfection, the frame of light and and the colors of magic and wonder rendered perfectly in relation to the darkness, as a joke told at the expense, of the devil within.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
"Apart from me you can do nothing."
~ Jesus, Magus.

And thank God for that too! That all things are possible for God including the dissolution of the duality itself, with humor, but not evil laughter because it's a joke shared that couldn't be told without us, or perhaps even without a prior devil who knows, since anything and all things are possible, to God.

It's FUNNY! Appropriate, civilized, even playfully creative and participatory. All power and might is virtue where virtue is power restrained, and therefore used only for the right purposes and under the right set of circumstances and for the greatest possible and imaginable good of one and all, in mutuality (the operative word).

"Satan" isn't even present, except to the degree that we ourselves are courageous enough to stand in the midst, not of hell which goes nowhere fast, but the holy of holies of all possibility whose creative fount of novelty and artistic creativity (magic) is that which is in harmony and alignment with God's own heart which is love itself and mercy, fellowship and the sweet joy, and everlasting peace and happiness of koinonia with God, in Spirit and in Truth.

The Woman at the Well

Now Jesus learned that the Pharisees had heard that he was gaining and baptizing more disciples than John— 2 although in fact it was not Jesus who baptized, but his disciples. 3 So he left Judea and went back once more to Galilee.

4 Now he had to go through Samaria. 5 So he came to a town in Samaria called Sychar, near the plot of ground Jacob had given to his son Joseph. 6 Jacob’s well was there, and Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon.

7 When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, “Will you give me a drink?” 8 (His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.)

9 The Samaritan woman said to him, “You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?” (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.[a])

10 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”

11 “Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? 12 Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”

13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

15 The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”

16 He told her, “Go, call your husband and come back.”

17 “I have no husband,” she replied.

Jesus said to her, “You are right when you say you have no husband. 18 The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true.”

19 “Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

25 The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”

26 Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”

The Disciples Rejoin Jesus

27 Just then his disciples returned and were surprised to find him talking with a woman. But no one asked, “What do you want?” or “Why are you talking with her?”

28 Then, leaving her water jar, the woman went back to the town and said to the people, 29 “Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Messiah?” 30 They came out of the town and made their way toward him.

31 Meanwhile his disciples urged him, “Rabbi, eat something.”

32 But he said to them, “I have food to eat that you know nothing about.”

33 Then his disciples said to each other, “Could someone have brought him food?”

34 “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. 35 Don’t you have a saying, ‘It’s still four months until harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. 36 Even now the one who reaps draws a wage and harvests a crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together. 37 Thus the saying ‘One sows and another reaps’ is true. 38 I sent you to reap what you have not worked for. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor.”

Many Samaritans Believe

39 Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me everything I ever did.” 40 So when the Samaritans came to him, they urged him to stay with them, and he stayed two days. 41 And because of his words many more became believers.

42 They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.

www.biblegateway.com...

Note how they just had to make that distinction at the end, that it was not on account of what she said about him knowing her "husbandry".

Given how he would have done this (got the invite to Sychar by wowing this woman with his apparent mind-reading abilities). That's just precious, and very intriguing and very funny, and the way he set up the disciples too - oh man that Jesus what a RIOT!

And best of all, he's the very best of the best part of we ourselves, making our own joy complete, in his joy, in ours, etc etc ad infinitum whereby there is no amount of Christ capable of ruining a personality.

So where is "Satan" in any of that? He's either been processed and reintegrated, or was simply uninvited for being completely irrelevant, meaningless and absurd and ridiculous and worthy of nothing but maybe the brunt of ridicule, hmmmm, that's funny, because if he's the final source of all ridicule well then that's the featured stand-up comedian of the evening! So maybe, just maybe there's still a place for him yet, if he's really me and I'm taking on responsibility for that silly role.

Impossible without Christ though.. so my hats off to him as the Greatest Magus, in human history.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 19-8-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Just browsed a few religious threads and the religious sincerity of some of you is frightening.

Good lord, you at this again? For some reason you can't get enough of the "religious" threads. Why is that?

You ask "people" to think about what we are believing in, yet the belief you are defining is heaven and hell and an interpretation of a belief that you are fighting with in your own way. I get it.. but honestly you are only fighting within in regards to a belief. Nothing more.

Which Religion are you speaking of?

Look, somehow you all cuddle up to the idea of a loving biblical god, beautiful angels, and a place in paradise just for little ol' you. Isn't that special.

Biblical? Must be referring to a sect of Christians?

Is there something wrong with a beautiful, after life on earth?

Well, if you're going to embrace all the deliciously ooey-gooey stuff with such fervor and unyielding faith, then you HAVE to believe in the malignant horrors that awaits you with the same exact intensity.

If you made plans tomorrow then I guess you are having FAITH you will awaken for the new day? Same smell.

If there is a heaven, then there's a hell; a hell with an evil entity so malicious, so malevolent, that he's just drooling at the chance of torturing you throughout all of eternity. Comparing your soul to your physical body, this Satan just can't wait to rape you for a few hundred thousand years. And, as he does this he will dig his claws in and rip your flesh right off your bones. He'll crunch on your fingers. He'll roast you over a searing fire. And then, he'll heal you so he can start all over again. He'll throw you in a dark lonely void for a million years, or until you go stark raving mad. He'll sever a vein in your neck and drink your blood while you are wide awake. He'll make you watch as he does the same gruesome things to your loved ones that also landed in hell. He will delight in your endless screams, screams that will fall on deaf ears from above. You will have no hope, no escape, no relief, no release.

This above almost sounds like a rant!!?? Maybe you are scared of the unknowns, I don't know. Did you go to a certain church for a bit and this is what they taught you above?

Have you EVER studied Religions? I'm assuming the answer is NO! Have you ever read at lengths on a subject you didn't understand and then by the time you studied it you understood it? Try Astrophysics. You may understand that more... I dunno??

Man... I wish I could show you or have an experience with you that could make you see out of my eyes. Walk in my shoes for just a day and see how I view the world and how it makes sense from my view.

When you pass from this life to the next, I have some advice. Take it or leave it.

When you drift into the next world do not be afraid. If you end up in darkness do not be afraid. KNOW that this too is an experience that will pass. You are not your body. It is merely a vessel for you while here on Earth. KNOW that if fear envelops you for some reason, call on the only Love you feared and He will be there even when you twisted his words like the same church people who turned you off years ago.

I want to say back to you, my friend, "Good lord, Think about what you are believing in"!!!

Change your way of thinking about what Faith really means. We all have different Faiths. You have Faith.. but what your faith in is different from day to day.

I have faith that I will die and transform back to my true form. The only expectation I have when I die is I will see ALL the loved ones who have gone before me. This is what I believe in and believe is fact. I believe there is a soul some call on by the name of Jesus. I believe through study outside the Bible and in ... he has come and died many times. Can you imagine him as Job? I can. If you can't read all of Job and get back to me.

It only takes a knowing. Otherwise he (the soul ~ Jesus) would be helping a stranger. DO you help strangers you do not know?

How do you get to know someone? You ask them questions and you are told the answer, right? Ask and you will receive. You may say... Well he doesn't talk back like a normal person. Thats because "dead" people do not just talk to all of us. lol You will receive an answer by a Word. This Word creates sentences, music, literature, or just any form of communication from anyone or everyone.

Where will it come from? I have no idea.. if you have ears, listen. If you have eyes, open them.

Don't get caught up in someone elses faith. Create your own ..if you want. Research and come to your own conclusions, otherwise you are following someone elses faith.

I receive answers through dreams and literature I read. Once you have that first revelation (something revealed to you) you will be addicted!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hey jigger.

Those crazy christians, believing they can take their teeth to gnash and flesh to strip when they die. I can tell you that ain't gonna happen. By the way - there is no such thing as a soul. All of this is for naught.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Some folks need that God, a lifetime crutch as to why anything good or bad happens to them in said life. Some folks IE you & I choose to see it as what it is. A fairey tale. Both the idea of an omni powerful god & and equally powerful Satan are tools to keep the mass's in line. It's worked since the dawn of time and I dont see it changing anytime soon.

I myself dont need a god for good or a devil for bad, I can handle both all by myself. I live and have lived in the southern states all my life. Trust me, there's good ole christians around here that will beat the snot out of you for taking the lords name in vain. Now that's christian!. I been told the the devil would take my soul, I said no hell he want Ive been trying to sell to him for 30 years...That shuts em up each and everytime. Until the devil pops up and delivers the goods or god walks up and introduces himself..with proper id. Their both equally ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I've said this in other topics and I'll say it again.

Given that all evidence available to me suggests quite compellingly that none of this may have any meaning whatsoever other than that which we cognitively imbue it with, that we may have no true volition in the classic sense, that when we die our consciousness may very well cease to exist, that in due time and in all likelihood no trace of our species or its accomplishments will remain in the universe, and that even human love itself - love for your family, love of your children, love of your spouse/partner, friendship, etc. etc. etc. - is not an ontologically real "thing" as we conceive of it daily but rather merely the subjective experience (read: illusion) resultant from some electrical, neurotransmitter, and neuronal behavior which we choose to ascribe flowery significance to...

... I have absolutely zero problem with people choosing to believe just about anything, so long as they don't harm anyone else in the process. (If this discussion is solely about those who use religious belief to justify harm, then please excuse me as I must have inadvertently overlooked it.)

In short, why should I care what anyone else believes assuming they aren't harming anyone? (And actually I'm not even sure that matters personally, but compassionate humanism and egalitarianism is the potential delusion I have chosen to live my life in accordance with personally - everyone has one - so that's the only criterion I have for my "Fine, I don't care" mode to kick in.)

Peace.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Christianity was a reaction to the original Pagan religions, labeled as "Satanism" meaning "enemy/adversary" in Hebrew. jesus? oh you mean odin isis osiris, buddha, and many other gods that the authors of the bible put in for social control. balance of power? how constantinian of you to tell me when to and to not to use power.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
Just browsed a few religious threads and the religious sincerity of some of you is frightening.

Look, somehow you all cuddle up to the idea of a loving biblical god, beautiful angels, and a place in paradise just for little ol' you. Isn't that special.

Well, if you're going to embrace all the deliciously ooey-gooey stuff with such fervor and unyielding faith, then you HAVE to believe in the malignant horrors that awaits you with the same exact intensity.

If there is a heaven, then there's a hell; a hell with an evil entity so malicious, so malevolent, that he's just drooling at the chance of torturing you throughout all of eternity. Comparing your soul to your physical body, this Satan just can't wait to rape you for a few hundred thousand years. And, as he does this he will dig his claws in and rip your flesh right off your bones. He'll crunch on your fingers. He'll roast you over a searing fire. And then, he'll heal you so he can start all over again. He'll throw you in a dark lonely void for a million years, or until you go stark raving mad. He'll sever a vein in your neck and drink your blood while you are wide awake. He'll make you watch as he does the same gruesome things to your loved ones that also landed in hell. He will delight in your endless screams, screams that will fall on deaf ears from above. You will have no hope, no escape, no relief, no release.

Is THIS what you want to believe in???????? Are you completely out of your minds???????

Pretty intolerant of you. If you don't like something and makes no difference to you, why open your mouth? It's called being respectful. It was a thing before people could hide like cowards behind their monitors. You used to have to keep stuff in, ya know, so people don't think you are an absolute narcissistic tool.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I'm glad you found peace away from religion, a lot of religious people are probably more afraid that society wouldn't function without religion than they care about believing in God or not, is my impression,

This is totally worse though, because it isn't Christianity at all, but some kind of warped monstrosity control mechanism based on fear.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I see these types of questions and comments a lot, and I just am left wondering if the only two opinions on spirituality are Atheism and the Abrahamic religions, particularly Christianity.

Also, I cannot comment as a Christian, Muslim, or Jew, but I can respond as theist: I don't want to believe most of the stuff that I do. I've spend years debating with myself, trying so desperately hard to make myself into a non-believer.

I believe in reincarnation, for crying out loud, and precious little would make me happier than to believe that I never have to come back to this horrendous pile of dirt again. This planet is strictly for the dogs, man. It stinks. But I can't stop myself from believing just because I want to.

What I want doesn't bend to what I see as the truth at this point.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
How can I or anyone help you to believe? Actually, I know, it is prayer, offering a suffering or sacrifice.

What is the motivation to be an atheist, a disbeliever? If the God I know doesn't exist, I would not want to go on jigger.

Mary is so holy, read her words of hope. A small group of people meet near the Pana, Illinois Hospital, to pray the rosary twice a week. There is a small grotto there. Mary, the Queen of Heaven and earth gives the seer a message.

Jesus is coming soon, all the world will see and realize. Prepare by daily, taking the time to speak to Him or the Father or God the Holy Spirit and very important, examine your life and conscience, go through the 10 Commandments as a guide. Confess your grave sins to God with true contrition. Daily prayer and regular Confession. Hey, even 10 minutes of prayer but every day.

an excerpt, it's a brief and beautiful message...

love,

colbe

SUNDAY, AUGUST 11, 2013

MY DEAR DEAR PRECIOUS LITTLE CHILDREN,

DARKNESS HAS OVERCOME YOU. YOU DO NOT SEE THE LIGHT - YOU CRY OUT JESUS,
JESUS, BUT YOU WEEP BECAUSE YOU THINK HE DOES NOT HEAR. LITTLE CHILDREN,
YOU TRY TO ACCEPT YOUR SUFFERINGS, YET THE EVIL ONES PURSUE THEIR PLAN TO
DESTROY YOU. DO YOU BELIEVE THAT GOD IS ALL POWERFUL. DO YOU BELIEVE THAT
HE IS ALL MERCIFUL. DO YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE NOT ABANDONED. DESPITE
STRUGGLE AFTER STRUGGLE YOU ADMIT YOUR WEAKNESS, BUT YOU BELIEVE.

THERE IS COMING A GLORIOUS LIGHT. THIS LIGHT SHALL OVERCOME THIS INTENSE
DARKNESS AND YOU WILL SEE THE POWER OF GOD. YOU SHALL BE WITNESS TO HIS
MOST BOUNTIFUL MERCY. YOU WILL GRASP THE LIGHT AND PRAISE SHALL FILL YOUR
SOULS. BE THEN AWAITING YOUR LIGHT. ANTICIPATE ITS GLORY. I AM WITH YOU
THROUGH IT ALL. I AM WITH YOU.

AS I EMBRACE YOU I BLESS YOU IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, THE SON, AND THE
HOLY SPIRIT.

AS JESUS EMBRACES YOU, HE BLESSES YOU. IT IS FROM HIS HEART THAT SHALL COME
THE LIGHT. IT IS FROM HIS HEART THAT SHALL COME HIS POWER. IT IS FROM HIS
HEART THAT SHALL COME HIS DIVINE MERCY. ....

petalsfromheaven.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
faith comes in two forms, blind and logical.. you can logically believe in the principles of the bible or you can blindly enforce random specifics..

the original bible is the tanakh..

Early Judaism had no concept of Hell, though the concept of an afterlife was introduced during the Hellenic period, apparently from neighboring Hellenistic religions. It occurs for example in Book of Daniel. Daniel 12:2 proclaims "And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt."

Judaism does not have a specific doctrine about the afterlife, but it does have a mystical/Orthodox tradition of describing Gehenna. Gehenna is not Hell, but originally a grave and in later times a sort of Purgatory where one is judged based on one's life's deeds, or rather, where one becomes fully aware of one's own shortcomings and negative actions during one's life.

The Kabbalah explains it as a "waiting room" (commonly translated as an "entry way") for all souls (not just the wicked). The overwhelming majority of rabbinic thought maintains that people are not in Gehenna forever; the longest that one can be there is said to be 12 months, however there has been the occasional noted exception. Some consider it a spiritual forge where the soul is purified for its eventual ascent to Olam Habah (heb. עולם הבא; lit. "The world to come", often viewed as analogous to Heaven). This is also mentioned in the Kabbalah, where the soul is described as breaking, like the flame of a candle lighting another: the part of the soul that ascends being pure and the "unfinished" piece being reborn.

wikiwikiwhell
edit on 20-8-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I dunno Jigger. You made the Devil sound like my kind of... man? or fantasy man? I have no clue but the way you made him out to be made me horny LOL.

Only Christ thumpers and the government supports such garbage as the Devil. However in television, book fads, and fashion, you will see that intelligent humans are trying to gently break away from that "God" thing that the feeble minded think is so precious. You simply cannot criticize a God lover in government nor church because they are ALL bigots, so you have to do it in other creative ways without going to jail or hurting their little cherub feelings.

Today our youth display their anti-religion views in the way of music/arts, sexuality, and even in mind/body. For crap sake, they are the devil for screaming poetical lyrics like a lunatic, being dressed in black or skimpy clothing, sporting prosthetic boobies or wearing condoms, having nose piercings, and for having metal bars poked through their prepuces. The only difference is these types of people do not need a stupid book or a tax free piece of property to profit from. Therefore they are what is considered to be "not saved". They do not profit from being anti-God=Christ=Santa=EasterBunny=..... Ain't no money in not believing in fake crap.

Today more than ever you hear "I have a 3rd eye and I can contact aliens". These are our devils? I will take them all and live happily ever after.

Church is government. I feel sorry for church people

edit on 20-8-2013 by Hollie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
You know, God says you can believe whatever you want, no pressure, you choose.

On the other hand there are some that aren't called or chosen and that's why you are the way you are.

It's just not my problem and any Christian who gets upset at what you wrote doesn't understand their position correctly yet.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7
You know, God says you can believe whatever you want, no pressure, you choose.

On the other hand there are some that aren't called or chosen and that's why you are the way you are.

It's just not my problem and any Christian who gets upset at what you wrote doesn't understand their position correctly yet.

God did not say anything my friend
You might have read something in a book and that is all. A book. Even comics are books.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

edit on 8/20/2013 by mantisfortress because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter

Christianity was a reaction to the original Pagan religions, labeled as "Satanism" meaning "enemy/adversary" in Hebrew. jesus? oh you mean odin isis osiris, buddha, and many other gods that the authors of the bible put in for social control. balance of power? how constantinian of you to tell me when to and to not to use power.

You missed the joke.. : (

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I personally choose not to get into debates and arguments because of what the Word of God says in Titus 3:9. But, I will say that God loves you, and that I am praying for you!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Is THIS what you want to believe in???????? Are you completely out of your minds???????

Best post for ages.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

okay. so a guy arrives n hell, he gets the introdution. you know getting hooks ripped out of his back forced to eat his own head biting his nose off etc. suddenly from the deep footsteps crash into the cavern floor like semi trucks, the captors in hell scurry like roaches yet the unknown guy stands still. the great devil peers into his eyes and says "you are without fear of me. why is this? i can rip your guts out and strangle you with them while evil monkeys play drumsets of iron and steel" the guy says "hey lou, it's me harvey, i was married to your sister"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join