It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry Bashes the Internet, Says it’s Harder to Govern People with Internet

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
Slightly off-topic, but the last bunch of guys who hung out in the back room of a tavern smoking hemp and drinking ale whilst discussing their issues regarding the elites of their day managed a pretty good Revolution.

The internet along with certain unsanctioned herbs is a damn fine way of getting at least some of us (those able to 'process information in bulk') to demand a return to the Founding Father's idea of true government.

Does Mr. Kerry realize that the government he's so fond of is now corrupt to the core and that his own statements could easily be construed as treason to the Constitution he swore to protect and defend?

I think he does and I also think he doesn't give a ****

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Firstly, this freak looks like ODO on drugs, you know..........that changling off Deep Space Nine.

Sick of these cockroaches whinging when the light is thrown on them.

These career politicians' days are numbered and comments like this simply reinforce my opinion that the government IS NOT FOR THE PEOPLE.

I interpret his comment as:

"Damn, how can I push the agenda when we are constantly being exposed, it's time to step my game up. Barry, call the NSA and have them download everything EVER from everyone everywhere. We will kill / incarcerate / plant evidence / threaten family members of everyone who is not a McDonalds loving iPhone carrying Jersey Shore watching zombie"

Ahh, that feels better.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Strewth

Oh it's for the people all right... they made corporations people; so they aren't lying completely through their teeth, when they claim it's for people. Citizens on the other hand? For us less and less every day, our job is to feed and fund the machine, yet they have the gall to call "us" consumers, like we are eating the worlds resources instead of trading time and money as custom by being a customer.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
He was the guys stocking the inventory store 35 miles behind enemy lines obviously.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Just enact a new law to fight terrorism in order to close the internet, done!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It should be evident that a well informed populace would be the easiest to govern.
All those in public service would have to do is do their jobs honestly and responsibly.
Much like my boss expects me to do my job.

Of course, this may be too simple a concept for many of them.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Antipathy17

He wallows in the corruption as his just due

just as he wallows in the wealth and privilege that comes with it.

The serfs and slaves are only to be squashed like dog doo under his black booted minions.

When they reduce mankind to nothing more important than a pigeon, a radish, or a rock . . . there are consequences.

When they reduce mankind to nothing more than fallen angel experiments in a petri dish, . . . there are consequences.

And those consequences are not pretty for the serfs and slaves.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by teamcommander

[color=6699FF]It should be evident that a well informed populace would be the easiest to govern.
All those in public service would have to do is do their jobs honestly and responsibly.
Much like my boss expects me to do my job

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

Though I agree that they don't do simple truths well . . . I think it's the truth part that hangs them up.

In some respects they are gross simpletons . . .

IF IT'S EVIL, BLACK, CORRUPT, CRUEL, TRASHY, MANIPULATIVE, TORTUROUS, ARROGANT ETC. they do those simple things exceedingly excessively.

If it's simple truths . . . that doesn't compute between their ears.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Nine years later and he is still bitter about being swift boated. Good.

The internet is self publishing to the masses. No longer are people limited to hand cranking a mimeograph newsletter to be handed out or sent by mail to subscribers. Even computers in the late 80's to early 90's had publishing software that made printing leaflets and pamphlets easy. Again, the limitation was always wide spread distribution.

The Supreme Court really needs to make a ruling that the internet is to be protected under Freedom of the Press before these idiots screw it up with laws and policies.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The internet can be good or it can be bad. If it allows people of a kind to congregate in great numbers than it can cause problems if the reason they congregate is disruptive. It also allows good people to get together though and this can help to balance the equation.

We talk here about the problems and possible solutions. Some sites are full of chaotic people with no good moderators or others that look at both sides. Chaos is never the answer, changing things in the right way is the answer. Kerry is right, the disruptive people are causing a problem with governing but he fails to say that the government is not faultless in this. These whistleblowers using the net is not bad, it is helping to expose corruption that has been going on a long time. Many of people's gripes are founded also, I know it turning into a great flood but the government needs to examine some of these gripes. Fixing the countries Economy is harder now that people all know what a mess it is, belief in the economy strengthens it but we believed in a fake economy for years and exported the jobs. What a mess.

Kerry needs to have his head examined. He is not lying about it being harder to govern people, but is protecting deceitful practices that have been ongoing for a long time.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I would not be the least bit surprised to see the government continue it's push to tax Internet commerce. NOT for the revenue stream, at least not the major reason... if they levy taxes on internet commerce, that gets the IRS involved, and that's when things will start getting VERY totalitarian VERY quickly.

They (the government) are too smart to simply show their hand and start openly censoring the Internet, they'll use the tax code... as they always have... to try to control it; and us.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

Anyone that talks like this is a man used to lying. Bemoaning the fact that its harder to hide behind smoke and façade. This is not a representative of the people.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
And also, when Kerry says to 'govern', he actually means 'to rule'.

This government does not understand that they are given the authority to govern based upon the will of the people, not to govern OVER the people without regard.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yeah, well, Kerry has the nerve of the world to say such a thing.

It's also VERY hard to have effective foreign policy with a scumbag like him who served, came back and called all his fellow soldiers baby killers in actual testimony and then threw someone ELSE'S medals in a fountain to make appear as if they were his. Character....integrity...the man has none and those he 'tries' to deal with, now this about him. Respect....He has none of that, either.

So.. We have to deal with incompetent fools like him? HE has to deal with the internet. We all have our little crosses to bear in life, huh?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
You shouldnt have made this thread. It might make it hard for Kerry to govern us.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSmediaPRO
Uh, Yeah - it's harder to govern now that we have access to information that shows wether you're deceitful or truthful.

Article

Last week, Secretary of State John Kerry met at the United States Embassy in Basilia, Brazil, as cnsnews.com reported. While speaking to State Department workers and their families, Kerry explained in regards of surveillance that he is not too fond of the Internet. “This little thing called the Internet… makes it much harder to govern,” Kerry detailed.

“Well, folks…Ever since the end of the Cold War, forces have been unleashed that were tampered down for centuries by dictators, and that was complicated further by this little thing called the internet and the ability of people everywhere to communicate instantaneously and to have more information coming at them in one day than most people can process in months or a year.”

“This little thing called the Internet… makes it much harder to govern control,” Kerry detailed.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Wow...I've heard SO many politicians say SO many dumb things before but this example is really unique in a way.

Most of those statements I've heard were superficial claims of speaking in the best interests of the general population and wanting to do nothing but good for all. Most of those statements also expressed agendas that were revealed only through delicate subtext. The subtext usually conveyed in these statements almost categorically show that the speakers were in favor of depriving the general population of a myriad of things, most especially knowledge and/or opportunities, to restrict individual and/or group growth/advancement and empowerment, thereby rendering the people easily dominated, silenced, manipulated, and subjugated due to the resulting ignorance of abilities and human rights and inability to effect any change/improvement to individual or group circumstances without reliance on and/or submission to the government.

The important difference between this particular example and the majority of other stupid statements I've heard made by politicians is that said majority of politicians making stupid statements only INSINUATED their agenda against the welfare of the people. They used to never say "I, and the government at large, prefer that the majority of the world (especially our constituents) remain ignorant and uninformed to eliminate any and all potential resistance so that I and the rest of the governing body will have an easier time doing whatever we want to do with and to the country and citizens we govern over. Your individual rights and freedom of information don't matter to us anymore...we're just not concerned with operating in the best interests of the people, we're only concerned with furthering the government's interests."

But THIS example is unique and reflects a disturbing trend among politicians. Sinister agendas of our government as expressed by our nation's elected officials are no longer being intimated through subtext obscured by rhetoric and sugar coated lies...instead, they're blatantly presented to us with no apparent concern over backlash from the people. They clearly don't feel the need to pretend that they're on our side anymore. Perhaps they believe they have gained so much control over us all that we cannot and/or will not say or do anything in defense of ourselves, no matter what they say or do to us.

Of course, they are completely incorrect if they truly believe that they've achieved complete control...there are still many people (like you, my fellow ATSers!) who see right through the illusion they attempt to present to us that we are powerless and can do nothing to stop the powers that be from having their way with us. We that see through the illusion will continue to point out and speak against every move made against our freedoms and welfare, we'll continue to fight for our rights and well being, and we can never allow ourselves to fall victim to our predatory government because as long as some continue to speak out and stay strong, we'll still have a fighting chance at taking back the country that was once America.

Politicians like this fool Kerry can continue their arrogant campaign of domination of and work against the people and they can continue believing that they've won the right to do anything they want to us with no repercussions but the delusions under which our government currently operate will eventually be shattered and they will be reminded that no matter how hard they may try, they will never be able to destroy the spirit of liberty that still lives in many of us and will always eventually triumph over repression.

Personally, I'm glad that the government and its officials are finally being open about their intentions. Game on.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSmediaPRO
Uh, Yeah - it's harder to govern now that we have access to information that shows wether you're deceitful or truthful.

That's exactly what I thought when I read the title.

If they were honest and truthful, it would actually make their jobs easier...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
He was praising the internet for giving people living under dictatorships the means to see through them and organize themselves in an uprising. He was being facetious. He was talking about how its harder for foreign dictators.

That the internet helps people elsewhere to look through the usurpation of power he did not think of.
edit on 21-8-2013 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

By "govern" he means "control".

Someone should tell Kerry to talk to Al Gore, after all, he invented the internet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join