It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Carp! WH Had Advanced Notice That Greenwald's Partner Would be Detained 9 Hours At Heathrow!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Just another update! Looks like a storm will be brewing! Whoop whoop!

Glenn Greenwald, the reporter who broke the news about secret U.S. surveillance programs, said the authorities who took his partner into custody at London's Heathrow Airport "are going to regret what they did."

"I am going to write my stories a lot more aggressively now," the Guardian reporter told Brazil's Globo TV on Monday in Rio de Janeiro.

"I am going to publish many more documents now. I am going to publish a lot about England, too, I have a lot of documents about the espionage system in England. Now my focus is going to be that as well."

White House knew Glenn Greenwald's partner David Miranda would be detained

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Yup, UK and US, all in on it.

Originally posted by elouina

Glenn Greenwald, the reporter who broke the news about secret U.S. surveillance programs, said the authorities who took his partner into custody at London's Heathrow Airport "are going to regret what they did."

"I am going to write my stories a lot more aggressively now," the Guardian reporter told Brazil's Globo TV on Monday in Rio de Janeiro.

"I am going to publish many more documents now. I am going to publish a lot about England, too, I have a lot of documents about the espionage system in England. Now my focus is going to be that as well."

Good for that then. Needs to get on it before and be careful, before droned, dissapeared and or has an accident.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
He must have really pissed off the little Nazi bastards.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Poritas will be the next target. She won't be safe in Germany from the heavy hand of the "law."
Maybe this gang of truthers had better charter a plane and fly non-stop to Russia or other independent country.
As Assange found out, some countries are not such good safe-havens as they would appear.

As a UFO abductee long suffering from the denial of government, science and the general public, I welcome these revelations about "things that just could not be!"

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
poor glen is about to be involved in an "accident" of some sort i can see it now.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Does that mean the leaks will finally be kicked into high gear? I want something to come out that is truly damning and will spur these people who don't care about this into high gear.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

He sure won't be safe in the united scam or its united kitten.
I thought the same thing this morning.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Forced into questioning and threatened with jail if he doesn't reveal his passwords to his personal computer. lol Oh I am sorry officer I didn't know I was obliged to incriminate myself during questioning and reveal all my personal info. Jurisdictional authority hasn't been established. No grievances or evidence of a crime has been brought forth. Knowing someone is not a crime. Having a password on your computer is not a crime. So if anyone bumps into Snowden in a coffee shop and say's hello are they now terrorists? So are they going to arrest Snowden's entire family now??

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

This detention was very stupid on everybody's part. It put the data that Snowden released back in the front of the news, and got Greenwald a little more determined to release more information. Not smart from a smart point of view, but more power to Greenwald and his work.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

reply to post by queenofswords

So now they are redefining terrorism to suit their needs? I would be hard pressed to consider what Snowden did as terrorism. Many in the UK are even clamoring over this and are calling for more restricted use of this detention clause.

Lets see now, he stole some documents and exposed them... Oh my, my knees are shaking because I am very very frightened of Snowden.

Terrorism

the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

The only ones being terrorized by Snowden are the criminals hiding this crap from us, and rightly so. Good work Snowden!

Plus, after I posted this thread, but before your post, I found out that Miranda is a sort of small time Journalist. Even more reason to leave him alone!

edit on 19-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

Elouina...........Now go look up the meaning of cyber terrorism. Yep. That's why I think they---the Governments---are going to eventually put the language into legal terms and label them cyber terrorists. Unfortunate, imo. I think if they do, it will really stir up The People big time.

As you know, the UN has cybersecurity on its AGENDA. How convenient! I think the next big push for rules and regulations discussions comes up in the Fall.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Why would it matter if the United States knew about this or not?

Miranda is not a US citizen and this didn't happen in the US.

Are we looking for drama just for the sake of drama?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienScience
reply to post by elouina

Why would it matter if the United States knew about this or not?

Miranda is not a US citizen and this didn't happen in the US.

Are we looking for drama just for the sake of drama?

Just about right now, everyone, minus you, is concluding that the US didn't just know, but were in cohorts. This admission that they were aware in advance, is what I would like to call a political half truth. One that will cover their arses when evidence comes out that they were in fact involved. Then, they will be able to twist and turn everything around to come out smelling like a rose. I really need to go check out the EXACT wording used. BRB.

OK, I checked out the wording.. Eh, iffy... The way politicians can twist things, I think there is always an out. Why else would they come out and volunteer this info on their own?

edit on 20-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Of course the White House knew. It was probably ordered, or at the very least "suggested" by the White House to detain him.
reply to post by Wookiep

Not likely. The British government has just as much "reason" for this intimidating, pathetic response on its own.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by skuly
Just poped up in the guardian.

In his first interview since returning to his home in Rio de Janeiro early on Monday, Miranda said the authorities in the UK had pandered to the US in trying to intimidate him and force him to reveal the passwords to his computer and mobile phone.

"They were threatening me all the time and saying I would be put in jail if I didn't co-operate," said Miranda. "They treated me like I was a criminal or someone about to attack the UK … It was exhausting and frustrating, but I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong."

David Miranda: 'They said I would be put in jail if I didn't co-operate'

edit on 19/8/2013 by skuly because: colour not working

Doesn't appear that's what he was implying. What's hilarious is the US government saying it's be "tough" for them to adopt some of these recent, harsh tactics by GCHQ?

Is this the real life?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Sounds to me like someone is going to have...........................................an accident.:
edit on 20-8-2013 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)
I see Rayuki beat me to it.
edit on 20-8-2013 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join