It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: NY Welfare Recipients Eligible For More In Benefits Than Teachers Earn

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Point is, no matter who wrote it, it is sad. A person goes to school for 4-6 years and they make less than someone not working who has 4-6 kids. The welfare system is designed to help, not support. It is there for a reason and when someone really needs it, it is found more and more that there is nothing there.

Also, there are professional welfare cases. People who will be on multiple welfare plans, get Section 8 housing and take large student loans. All the time never intending to pay back a dime. The current structure of our government is a progressive model. Keep the poor poor, make the middle class poor and the elite control us all with gas prices, inflation, abortion, free contraception. You see, the progressive does not want the poor to be too smart or for the group to become to large. Soon, there will be war and the herd thinned. This is how it is and always has been.

A person should be eligible for no more than 2 years for unemployment or welfare. Accountability which is not in the progressive agenda either. Only blame. Blame this and blame that and blame Bush. My goodness, in a day and age where you go to college and then cannot find a job after spending 80k, why bother? Quit and get assistance. Why not? The government wants to give you money because then during voting season you feel obligated.

The US needs a reboot or it is simply going to crash one day. EBT will stop and then what?
edit on 19-8-2013 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Yeah it 'really drips' doesn't it ?

To be perfectly clear here I have no problems helping those who are in need BUT not to the tune of $15 TRILLION bucks.

I blame the people who take advantage of the program, and I blame those in government who take advantage of the people.

What a blatant misrepresentation of my position.

Golf clap.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You're all too willing to believe this used toilet paper of a report though aren't you? All too willing to believe that people vote only according to who can give them money and stuff, all too willing to believe that most of the people on welfare are nothing but lazy users. NO ONE in their right mind would pass up a 69K a year job to stay on welfare, it's pure propaganda designed to get you to hate other people, divided we fall.

Be honest for a quick minute, would you stand against rights violations inflicted on poor people?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You're all too willing to believe this used toilet paper of a report though aren't you?

Well it is backed up by other sources like 100 million Americans on food aid, 47% of Americans working part time. where 4 out of 5 people are near poverty.

It is not just this source there are a myriad that say the same things

All too willing to believe that people vote only according to who can give them money and stuff, all too willing to believe that most of the people on welfare are nothing but lazy users.

Didn't say that specifically quoted here.

This Post

Here I will quote it again even bolding the point made since some people refuse to actually read my comments.

"There is no evidence that people on welfare are lazy," writes CATO senior fellow Michael Tanner. "But they're also not stupid. If you pay them more not to work than they can earn by working, many will choose not to work.

Quote anywhere in this thread I said ANYTHING OF THE SORT.

Quote it.

NO ONE in their right mind would pass up a 69K a year job to stay on welfare,

Oh yeah there is never under estimate the vulgar depths of stupidity of some Americans.

You Won’t Believe the Way Some Residents of This Town Dealt with Their ‘Emergency’ Cable Outage

Key word there some.

Be honest for a quick minute, would you stand against rights violations inflicted on poor people?

Making people work for fiat currency, and corporate products is not violating their rights

I can't believe there are those out there who think it is.

Again nothing but hyperbole and vitriol.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Making people work for fiat currency, and corporate products is not violating their rights I can't believe there are those out there who think it is. Again nothing but hyperbole and vitriol.

You aren't understanding what my question was. I didn't suggest that denying people welfare was violating anyone's rights. I asked if you would stand against rights violations, as in Constitutional rights, of people on welfare.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by neo96

Making people work for fiat currency, and corporate products is not violating their rights I can't believe there are those out there who think it is. Again nothing but hyperbole and vitriol.

You aren't understanding what my question was. I didn't suggest that denying people welfare was violating anyone's rights. I asked if you would stand against rights violations, as in Constitutional rights, of people on welfare.

Do everyday when the same people who defend the welfare industrial complex tries to take away their gun rights,

Think i do that for just them evil rich folks ?

LOL.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think you do that because gun rights affect you. By the way I don't think rich people are evil. Just some happen to be, similar to how some people scam the welfare system.
edit on 19-8-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Welfare effects every single person in this country, and not in a good way.

Hell think I will run for congress then get elected, then run for president and create a government subsidize program that gives out free guns, I will make it so massive,so expensive that it will become a sacred cow that way people will finally defend their second amendment rights.

Of course not too many people would stand for that, but they expect me to get on my knees for their beliefs.

I don't believe in what passes for what people call welfare today, and to further clarify that I am not specifically hating on poor people.

There is massive room for improvement in the defense complex as well bases need to come back home so they can pump billions of dollars in to local economies that create real jobs, and real wealth that leads to increased tax revenue collection, and reduces the 'need' for the welfare state.

double win for everyone, and everyone is happy.
edit on 19-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Seriously ?

I see someone bought in to that vitriol yes why those poor people need the righteous left putting them evil conservatives in place.

God forbid anyone trying to have a REAL conversation about it ALWAYS gets labeled as a 'hater'.

The Welfare state is gaming the system for massive amounts of wealth some people choose to turn a blind eye to it.

Because it is just easier to shoot the messenger ain't it?
So it's only a "REAL" conversation when we blame the poor for the sociopolitical and economic problems that face the world?There are some people/families driven so far into poverty that they absolutely depend on these social safety nets in order to survive. However, I think we can agree that there are elements who take advantage of these systems. Just as there are wealthy elements who take advantage as well. A good question is how? How did these families that depend on these social safety nets get to this point? Could the massive wealth gap developed in the past 30 years have anything to do with it? Technological advancements that no longer require human labor? Unemployment rates that are intentionally manipulated to appear to not as bad as it really is? At what point would you see the poor as victims rather than perps? I hear no talk about the most wealthy 300 families in the U.S. You know, the ones who hold the most influence over policy. The ones who have benefited the most from that upward wealth redistribution of the past 30 years. Somehow, they're exempt from any blame?Not shooting the messenger, I'm shooting the message. It's attacking and blaming a section of the populace that hold very little influence over policy.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

What are you arguing about ?

Really ?

Read anything I have said in this thread WHAT SO EVER ?

Miss this post ?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by GD21D

What are you arguing about ?

Really ?

Read anything I have said in this thread WHAT SO EVER ?
I thought we were talking about social safety nets, or welfare as some would prefer to call it. I'm guessing we're not really interested in discussing cause & effects though. We're much more interested in partisan division.What you have just done is called de-legitimization by omission. If you pretend that certain things don't exist, or maybe certain commentary has nothing to do with the subject matter, you can completely omit it from the conversation.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So you listened to Neal Bortz today as well?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

I thought we were talking about social safety nets, or welfare as some would prefer to call it. I'm guessing we're not really interested in discussing cause & effects though. We're much more interested in partisan division.

Government is the cause

Welfare is the effect

Anyone blaming the bloody evil rich isn't even trying to have a 'real conversation'.

Someone wants to have a real discussion begin with the massive regulation state that is strangling the largest employers in this country which is small business.

Then go to fiat currency and it's being printed out of thin air that devalues the dollar where everything becomes more expensive.

Then talk about the massive regulation state where it is cheaper to have products made in China 10,000 miles away than it is 1 mile away from a person lives.

Anyone blaming the rich or bankers, or corporations is not wanting to have a real conversation because ALL ROADS LEAD to GOVERNMENT.

Which doesn't really want people off welfare to begin with because if people can take care of themselves there is no bloody need for the great saviors of the republic to do anything.

They just use those programs to hold over peoples heads to divide and conquer them all for the most important commodity in the country- the VOTE.

That is a real conversation

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

how much welfare is a single teacher with 2 children entitled to ?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by neo96

how much welfare is a single teacher with 2 children entitled to ?

The only thing anyone is 'entitled' to is the money they earn on their own.

That's it.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
reply to post by neo96

Oh...the Cato institute?...as spun by Briebart? ...Must by a well done and credible study!

Honestly...the far-rights angry war with poor people is just tired.

Why is it always the poor who deserve your disdain? Let's trim military spending? NSA? Cease subsidies to Oil companies? Close some loop-holes for jet-owners...etc. etc. Then we can get back to hating on the poor?

Honestly, I don't get the pre-occupation with poor people?

because the true goal here is to eliminate ALL aid for the poor, after all the OP's and the far rights fantasies of having the poor and needy to work for and depend on THEM for china-man's wages can't become a reality due to the fact that they're getting more from the state than what the state pays teachers, or what the right wing slavemast*COUGH!* I mean "business men" are willing to pay their employees, both local and offshore.

the same kind of business men that are caught every 4 years trying to order whom their employees are to vote for.

the left are no different, in order to push obamacare they've burned the bridges regarding medicare[aid]
to make it "impossible" to abolish o-care, because if the repugs do there won't be a previous system to return to.
when you look at it that way you can see this OP and the propaganda it's regurgitating for the preemptive BS it is

R-winger: "look at the lefties/liberals/etc. destroying the country!"
Asleeple: "what where?" [looks where R-winger is pointing]
R-winger: "heh, sucker!" [hits asleeple over head with blackjack]
Asleeple: "OOOF!!!" [falls to ground]
R-winger: "hehheh, always works."
[pulls out handcuffs, metal neck-choker, and length of chain and proceeds to bind newly acquired slave]

but feel free to disregard my words, as I Am quite "Insane".

edit on 19-8-2013 by TheMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

R-winger: "look at the lefties/liberals/etc. destroying the country!"
Asleeple: "what where?" [looks where R-winger is pointing]
R-winger: "heh, sucker!" [hits asleeple over head with blackjack]
Asleeple: "OOOF!!!" [falls to ground]
R-winger: "hehheh, always works."
[pulls out handcuffs, metal neck-choker, and length of chain and proceeds to bind newly acquired slave]

but feel free to disregard my words, as I Am quite "Insane".

Well that was so funny

I forgot to laugh

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

are you really opineing that no one should ever receive welfare ?

PS - try answering my original question
edit on 19-8-2013 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

Yuu described what the democrats are doing. I really do not mean to be partisan here but they are Creating a welfare state dependant on the government. Big government equals money to the poor they can trade for 50 cent on the dollar in EBT benefits. It is true. No one wants to talk about it because it might sound racist but there is white trash out there 5 to 1 for every black family who everyone immediately associates with welfare because that is who is paraded by the state run media. The liberal media I might add. Makes the middle class white guy hate the black guy and the black guy does not care because he shot the other black guy down the street. Trayvon who?

Folks, you have not had rights in this country since the 20's. This is true. Welfare was created during the Great Depression to hook people into thinking they would be ok if they let the government help. 1 in 100 makes it out and the rest live in squalor.

Beep Beep...time to wake up....
there are almost 50 million people on food stamps. Is this the US or a third world nation?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
reply to post by neo96

Don't blame the people, blame the ones responsible - your government.

Just my opinion.

Agreed here. It's the same thing that makes the immigration issue so sticky when considering people who really did just come with full intent to work. I imagine your country isn't much different.

The Government makes the system. Sets the rules. Then not only encourages people to join up (openly advertising in campaigns on the topic here at times, no less) but let the economy go to hell so bad that a good many people now have no choice.

Then, as if for the grand finale' of nerve, they actively push the public who isn't taking the benefits to hate those who are ...and those who are taking the benefits to blame the fact they are on the people who aren't.

Damn..You'd almost think it might have been a scenario written in some old Psychological Warfare manual, huh?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join