It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pets with special abilities...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

This handsome chap is Coco, my three year old Amazon parrot that I have had since he was a chick. I am increasingly convinced that he has some sort of 'psychic' ability! He is a big talker and especially adopts my voice to call family members and cries like a newborn baby ( my son is two now but his newborn cry will live on forever in Coco! )

I have recently come to notice that shortly before any member of my family comes home, he squeals constantly from about 5 minutes before they arrive! He picks up on my husband returning from work well before I know he is here or near! I have ruled out any obvious cues he could be picking up on - visually, he is in a middle room of the house, above street level and well away from the building entrance, so definitely can't spot us from a distance. It's also not that he is hearing any cues because he starts to squeal well before my husband is near the house, as I said, about 5 minutes before he arrives. My husband doesn't come home at the same time every day, I never know when he will be back, sometimes 4 pm, sometimes 11pm, or any time in between, so I can rule out routine and regularity! Which leaves......who knows? Coco likes me but adores my husband and gets so excited when he comes home....is there some inexplicable deep bond between them.

I have tested him often but just today I tested this with my daughter - she went out for a walk and I told her to come home very quietly. After about half an hour he began squealing and I said to myself that if she comes home any time now this will be freaky. Shortly afterwards she walked through the door. He just could not have known she was near!

So that's my clever parrot! Do any other of you lovely ATS members have a pet with a special talent or ability? Would love to hear of any!

Lovely

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
My cat does something similar, she is always "waiting" for me. I think it's their internal clock that is doing it. She just knows that on certain days I come/go at pretty much the same time.

You see, when I come home I bust out the laser pointer and give her a before-dinner snack. She knows this, and is waiting patiently!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Nova aired an episode which featured dogs demonstrating this ability. It is very real and scientifically shown to be true. I would like to see more research into the psychic bond between pets and people.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
My cat plays fetch like a dog.... its really funny. She also loves to take showers with me in the morning. she will sit outside the shower and cry until i let her in. hahaha.

Other then that, no special abilities.

Wait, now that i think of it, there are a few times i see " things" like a orb in the corner of my eye. I would see them flash and my cat would perk her head up as if she has seen them too.

Here is Zoe!

edit on 19-8-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

try this experiment. set up a camera facing your door and come home a half hour late. then you'll know for sure if your cat senses when your coming or is used to your arrival time.

you may be suprised.
edit on 19-8-2013 by abe froman because: meow

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

That´s a cute cat, i had also a red cat just much bigger and a bit bobcat in it. My cat also loved fetching and showers.. but what i noticed too is that it sensed peoples personality. He totally avoided bad "charachters" had his ears back and curled his back and came close to good people, the others which were not bad but not very good either he didn´t pay any attention.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I have a 30lb doxy/pit bull mix that can squeeze a poop out that is twice the size as her butt. Does that count?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Aww she is a beautiful cat, v nice picture! Quite unusual for a cat to want to get in the shower, lol! Usually they hate water, don't they? I found a day or so old kitten crawling around in the heat and bottle fed him - he has now made it to 3 months or so but don't think I am ever going to see special talents coming from him - his only speciality is flinging himself at you from floor level and attaching to any body part with teeth and claws! Ouch!

Thanks for the picture - sounds like a clever kitty!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Hahaha! That's quite impressive Texan! That's got to count, I reckon!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I would agree with the internal clock theory, however, my husband literally has no regularity whatsoever in when he comes home, it varies every day! Like I said, it can be any time between 4pm and 11pm or later! So I really can rule this out with Coco!

Forgot to mention he also squeaks like a rusty wheelbarrow ( we live opposite a newly built house so builders noise etc) and also speaks in a deep mans voice every now and then which is definitely none of our voices. He has full conversations in this voice but you can't quite make out what exactly he is saying! Quite a creepy parrot, really!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Such pretty animals. Congratulations to all of you.

I've always had a theory about this. To be brief, I tried an experiment once when the cat and dog were both crashed out for their afternoon nap on someone's bed. Without moving a muscle, I mentally called first to the cat to quietly come downstairs and sit on my lap. which he did at once. Then I mentally called the dog to come downstairs and go to the front window, which he also did at once.

So my theory is this: When a person is on the way home and moving in that direction, his thoughts are focused on home as a goal. We may picture what we'll do once we get home, so all our thoughts are picked up by the animals at that moment and they get increasingly excited. No proof of course, except my family's experience.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Lovely1973

Originally posted by Lovely1973
Which leaves......who knows?

I know it was a rhetorical question but I believe I might know the answer...

Time is not the passage of a moment, nor is it bound to some space-time fabric as Einstein suggests - what time really is, is energy's reactionary speed of change to what it is to become; and what the pets are actually doing is just reacting to what is about to become before it has become. They're not doing anything special really, they're just doing it faster than we expect.

Further, there are studies that show that humans react to things that haven't "happened" yet either - not just our minds(premonition/prophecy) but our bodies as well.

If it helps to understand: think of evolution as the becoming of everything. It is not just a change of life in order for it to survive or become more complex - it is the change of all of the universe to become what was spoken/set into motion long ago. Survival and sexual reproduction is just an effect of what true evolution is, and verbal and nonverbal communication is just as much apart of reproduction as sex is. Its the reason we even have motion in the universe - reproduce the concept - become.

I'll stop there - it kind of defeats the purpose if you are given the answers. I guess, Idk what I'm supposed to do with these thoughts... reproduce them or guard them.

Too deep for a pet story? lol

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lovely1973

Aww she is a beautiful cat, v nice picture! Quite unusual for a cat to want to get in the shower, lol! Usually they hate water, don't they? I found a day or so old kitten crawling around in the heat and bottle fed him - he has now made it to 3 months or so but don't think I am ever going to see special talents coming from him - his only speciality is flinging himself at you from floor level and attaching to any body part with teeth and claws! Ouch!

Thanks for the picture - sounds like a clever kitty!

yeah, cats dont normally love water all that much haha. glad to hear you rescued a helpless critter

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Does it count that my dog can lick his junk? He sure thinks it's pretty awesome

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

if you could, wouldn't you think it was awesome, too?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

It would certainly have a beneficial effect on my personal hygene!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Lovely1973

When I go out at night to my lawn to grab a few nightcrawlers for fishin next day, my dog comes with me, apart from scaring the worms as he scampers about, he helps but has no clue what he is looking for? what does happen though is he finds frogs, and he stomps the ground with his foot near to them, and they obviously jump, and he immitates their jumping, as they jump away he jumps just like them as he follows them, very funny to see.. I don't suppose that's a talent, but it's entertaining and makes me forgive him for scaring away the nightcrawlers where he's jumping......

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by flipflop

Lol! Would love to see a video of that!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
wow, your parrot sounds truly on it, what a guy :-)

funnily enough just as I was reading this thread it started raining heavy outside, proper hammering it down, so I went to the window and felt a strong craving to go outside and immerse myself in the rain. plus I've had terrible migraine today so cool rain sounded like the perfect medicine. anyway, just as I thought to myself 'no, its 4am and I'm in my dressing gown so I won't bother' my dog gets out of bed and runs to the front door like she's on a mission lol. so I follow her thinking she might need to go out then I end up going out in the rain like I wanted n her n the cat just sat watching me til I came back inside.

could be purely coincidental, but sometimes when my mind is in a certain place my dog just seems to pick up on it. also she seems to know when I've mentally decided to take her for a walk, which varies, before I've even moved from what I'm doing and off she goes all excited to sit by her lead.

thinking over it now it seems very intention based, which reminds me of some experiments this guy did on plants where they responded on a lie detector based on his intentions rather than what he said. smart stuff really.

top topics

join