It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Dirty Electricity a serious Health Threat?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
You have read and heard about this issue many times from various sources about the the threat from electricity
radiating from power lines, cell phone, microwave ovens, heating blankets, smart meters, etc., etc. Usually you will then read another person or group disputing the evidence. A few nights ago I'm listening to the Coast talk radio show and on comes Dr. Samuel Milham who has written a book saying and supposedly giving evidence that the threat
is worse than anyone can imagine. He blames a huge amount of health issues including cancer and diabetes on
electricity and especially what he calls 'dirty electricity' which is leaking into the ground and atmosphere.

What do you think? And what do you know? Is electricity a real threat to human health?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

electricity is just electrons moving from higher potential to low. Electricity is deadly if transferred through the human body.

In terms of EM fields, The world is full of them. Your cell phone is #1 offender but any electric motor near your head gets 2nd place. Hair dryers, electric shavers etc.

So maybe the body has sensitivity to certain frequencies? I don't know. 2.4 GHz is popular with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. It's also the frequency your microwave oven works at. That frequency is readily absorbed by water.

440 Kv transmission lines create ozone. Ozone is a known carcinogen.

I don't keep my phone near my body when not in use. The other stuff seems benign to me. I'd have to see some more evidence.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

For the past two days I have been hearing a sizzling that's loud enough to be noticeable while watching TV. It's given me an upset stomach and sick feeling inside and the only thing I can think of doing is to unplug every possible appliance. I live near a transformer and there are ten smart meters below the edge wall of my apartment. Going out helps a little, but it really is bothersome. My brain feels like it is being mashed.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The production and transfer of electrical energy releases positive ions. As such, electricity is probably bad for us. Aside from it being bad for us in and of itself, consider the processes involved in generating said electricity... which are definitely bad for us. We don't even have to get down to the end product to know that something isn't right here.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Wear a tin foil hat and you will be safe.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
When it comes to exposure to EM fields proximity is the important factor. Many will be concerned about the EHV transmission line 100 metres away but not give a thought to sleeping on a bed with an electric blanket. The field strength from the electric blanket and consequent exposure at a distance of 1cm or less is many times more intense than the transmission line, the television or distribution substation outside the house on the street. Microwaves are screened to prevent leakage of radiation so are not really a concern unless you manage to get it working with the door open (not advisable).

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

And yet I find this article from a manufacturer of electric blankets:

What’s the Science about Electric Blanket EMF’S (60 Hz Electromagnetic Fields)? In the late 1980’s and early 1990’s, some scientists and others began to be concerned over the safety of electromagnetic fields (EMF’s) due to AC electricity. Various studies in that timeframe had raised concerns over the possibility that the EMF’s generated by power companies’ overhead transmission lines and some appliances could cause cancer or other problems especially in children. The United States government became involved and studied over 500 peer-reviewed papers written on this potential problem. The US National Research Council spent around 65 million dollars and finally stated that there was no conclusive evidence that residential EMF’s play any role in the development of cancer, in reproductive issues or in learning/behavioral issues. Nevertheless, Sunbeam, which at that time was the only major United States manufacturer of electric blankets, altered the design of its products to reduce EMF’s. All blankets produced after 1992 have much weaker electrical fields than their predecessors. The argument over EMF’s has never gone away completely although very few scientists or medical experts continue to believe that they can cause problems.

See whole article here:
www.electricblanketinstitute.com...

So the debate on the safety of electric fields still remains. The verdict is still not in.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

For the past two days I have been hearing a sizzling that's loud enough to be noticeable while watching TV. It's given me an upset stomach and sick feeling inside and the only thing I can think of doing is to unplug every possible appliance. I live near a transformer and there are ten smart meters below the edge wall of my apartment. Going out helps a little, but it really is bothersome. My brain feels like it is being mashed.

the ten smart meters are prmarily causing it.

look what s smart meter is doing to this plant.

www.youtube.com...

now think what they are doing to you.you are being cooked slowly.

but some tin foil .it can save you.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

I call complete BS on that video.

A smart meter is nothing more than an electric usage meter which can communicate digitally with the utility company. It puts out no more "radiation" than a standard meter (actually probably less due to the extra filtering required), and it certainly does not have a kill zone for plants.

The dying plant appears to have been sprayed with a poison, which is standard practice for many utilities when it is covering or threatening to cover their meter. The hideously annoying beeping sound is not being caused by the meter... it is physically impossible for a meter, smart or not, to put out that much variance in local EM readings that quickly without damaging the electrical entrance. The only way I know of would be to be throwing the switch on and off to an extremely heavy and purely resistive load. Someone is pushing a button to make those readings swing wide.

If anyone is worried about the EM readings coming off power lines, may I suggest that you move somewhere that does not have storms? The EM fields off a single thunderstorm are many many times the power of the fields produced by 60 Hz AC power in a set of power transmission lines. In the first place, for simple safety no high-tensile transmission lines can be placed within a certain distance of people... that's why they are so high up... but lightning can strike anywhere it chooses. In the second place, the amount of current in a lightning strike dwarfs any transmission line. And finally, the rate of change of current in a lightning strike, which is where the actual EM power comes from, is magnitudes greater that the rate of current change in a transmission line.

Don't believe everything you see on YouTube.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck

.. it is physically impossible for a meter, smart or not, to put out that much variance in local EM readings that quickly without damaging the electrical entrance.

TheRedneck

what is an electrical entrance?

i fear you are being disingenuous.

www.youtube.com...

so which smart meter company you working for?

or do really live up to your moniker.
edit on 21-8-2013 by beckybecky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

The electrical entrance is the equipment that allows electricity to safely enter your home... including the meter, meter base, disconnects, and main distribution panel.

Disingenuous? Really? I've worked with electricity for over 30 years, doing everything form wiring houses to prototyping electronics. I do not work for anyone right now; I'm unemployed.and going back to school to finish the BSEE I started in the mid 1980s. You didn't know what an electrical entrance is.

But, believe what you want. Hey, I saw a guy on YouTube that's selling oceanfront property in Kansas... cheap if you're interested.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The electrical entrance is the equipment that allows electricity to safely enter your home... including the meter, meter base, disconnects, and main distribution panel.

Disingenuous? Really? I've worked with electricity for over 30 years, doing everything form wiring houses to prototyping electronics. I do not work for anyone right now; I'm unemployed.and going back to school to finish the BSEE I started in the mid 1980s. You didn't know what an electrical entrance is.

But, believe what you want. Hey, I saw a guy on YouTube that's selling oceanfront property in Kansas... cheap if you're interested.

TheRedneck

you would say that would'nt you.if you were working for them

why don't you wrap a wi fi smart meter around your head and come back in a year to share your experience.

my brother inlaw had a talk talk router installed.as soon as it as switched it on my son felt ill in the head.

it correlated with the wi fi being on and off.i believe my son over any corporate whores telling me otherwise.

not everyone is an identikit robot as your limited mind suggests.

in any case i would believe any youtube poster warning me about health effects because they won't make any money over any number of corporate whores peddling their wares to sack meter readers and increase profits for the fatcats at the top.

next you will telling us microwave ovens are harmless to which i reply stick your head in it ,switch it on and then tell us how harmless it is...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

TheRedneck

you would say that would'nt you.if you were working for them

why don't you wrap a wi fi smart meter around your head and come back in a year to share your experience.

my brother inlaw had a talk talk router installed.as soon as it as switched it on my son felt ill in the head.

it correlated with the wi fi being on and off.i believe my son over any corporate whores telling me otherwise.

not everyone is an identikit robot as your limited mind suggests.

in any case i would believe any youtube poster warning me about health effects because they won't make any money over any number of corporate whores peddling their wares to sack meter readers and increase profits for the fatcats at the top.

next you will telling us microwave ovens are harmless to which i reply stick your head in it ,switch it on and then tell us how harmless it is...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Now that you mention microwaves, I've been following that issue for years. Many said and some still do claim that
they are dangerous because of omitted electrical radiation and they some how destroy the quality of food cooked
in them. But there seems to be no solid evidence for this and some years ago I read in a health magazine that
food cooked in a microwave, such as meat, is actually healthier because microwaves cook at a lower temperature
and cooking meat at a lower temperature produces less carcinogens in the meat.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

If what you say is true, you need to find a research hospital to investigate why he was affected. Some doctors into research will treat for free in order to write a paper about the problem.

Right now I am running a double wi-fi network (mainly because Belkin doesn't have the range I need and Netgear likes to drop connection with Samsung Galaxy smart phones) No issues, even though my network with repeaters reaches for about 1/8 mile.

I'm not sure how you are equating wi-fi with a smart meter anyway, since the only difference between a smart meter and a regular meter would be the ability to communicate back to the power company. That doesn't need wifi since it uses the wires bringing in power to transmit the data. Wi-fi is not going to reach several miles to a substation. Now if it is doubling as an ISP access point, it might contain wi-fi capability, but that is no more powerful than a wi-fi router.

Anyway, I realize you think I just made all this up because poison radiation is emanating from that meter box, so I'll leave you to your disbelief.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The FACTS are:

No one knows what any of this EM radiation is doing to our cells/DNA/brain etc. There has never been any long term studies under controlled conditions to show that these things do Not harm us in any way or vice versa.

We do KNOW that Microwaves wreak havoc on cells of food and destroy the nutritional value of anything even water that's microwaved. No thought is given to how this Frankenstein Food effects the human body, our DNA in the long term. Of course we know X-Rays can also cause tons of damage in either very high doses or many multiple small doses over time.

Other radiation that is not natural to Earth from space is shielded from us by the atmosphere for a Reason. Now the Earth is polluted with all this radiation (now man made) from under the atmosphere - we've trapped the devil in here with us - again with no thought of the consequences.

How irresponsible is this? I'd say Very. We have been bombarding ourselves with this stuff for less than 100 years, just a few generations time and have no idea that this stuff is harmless. Our world governments are at fault for not spending 100 years or so to make sure this stuff is safe before we dared to flood the planet with it. I'd say that's Criminal ( just like no long term studies on the drugs that are killing people by droves).

Too late to put the genie back in the bottle - even if you could - who will be and how can we hold anyone responsible for this if one day we find this stuff has mutated our DNA to the point if causes lasting damage forever changing important characteristics of DNA - We'd be double screwed as a species. We simply don't have the knowledge or technology for finding such results. We may have already sealed our fate. Lets face it.. Humans are Stupid.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Too late to put the genie back in the bottle - even if you could - who will be and how can we hold anyone responsible for this if one day we find this stuff has mutated our DNA to the point if causes lasting damage forever changing important characteristics of DNA - We'd be double screwed as a species. We simply don't have the knowledge or technology for finding such results. We may have already sealed our fate. Lets face it.. Humans are Stupid.

Interesting perspective. And now you remind me of what I have already read on the subject. There are some
researchers who so believe in the harmful effects of electro-radiation that they will tell you not to keep a clock
radio near your bed because of this danger. And on the other hand there are those who will tell you that there
is no proof of this danger and they believe, and will show you research showing, that even an electric heating
blanket does not emit dangerous radition and is perfectly safe to use. But the truth as of now is that there is
no prood either way and because there is no profit to be made in proving electic radiation harmful we may never
know. That Dr. Samuel Milham I mentioned in the opening post supposedly gives all kinds of evidence that
electric radiation is very harmful - he mentioned on the Coast radio show that he attributes the low cancer rates
among the Amish people who use no electricity in their homes to that reason - Of course he dismisses their
diet and that is something you really can't discount.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

TheRedneck

you mean the electrical entrance is a hole in the wall.tut tut.

why you trying to divert attention to oceanfront property?

i would not buy oceanfront property on youtube because $$$ go from me to fraudster.

i would believe wi fi killing shrub because no $$ money $$ changes hands.

you claim to be unemployed but you have no sympathy for the millions of unemployed jobless meter readers which these meters are going to replace.very odd.very suspicious.

just proves me right again.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
And for those of you who believe in the harmful effects of 'dirty electricity' I came across this article:

The most common complaints from people who are living in homes contaminated by dirty electricity are sleep disruption, headaches, dizziness, depression, lack of concentration, and muscle fatigue. These are symptomatic of stress-related disorders caused by overstimulation of the sympathetic nervous system that elevates cortisol, which eventually leads to adrenal burnout and a dysfunction of the immune system. When the immune system is stressed, then a whole host of health disorders can emerge, such as short-term memory problems, irritability, anxiety, headaches, inability to concentrate, and heart irregularities.

The U.S. electrical grid is polluted by what’s called invisible dirt––high- and mid-frequency signals–– that may not only be responsible for damaged machinery, but also for a host of physical symptoms in people, from headaches and joint pain to memory loss and seizures. A 2008 report in Electromagnetic Biological Medicine found that dirty electricity elevated blood sugar levels in electrically sensitive diabetics.

See rest of article here:
www.wellnesstimes.com...
edit on 22-8-2013 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

you mean the electrical entrance is a hole in the wall.tut tut.

Yep, just a hole in your wall... no wires, no boxes, no equipment.... just a hole in the wall that is irradiating you with invisible death rays.

Sarcasm

why you trying to divert attention to oceanfront property?

Metaphor

you claim to be unemployed but you have no sympathy for the millions of unemployed jobless meter readers which these meters are going to replace.very odd.very suspicious.

Diversion

just proves me right again.

Yep, you're right. You might want to plug that hole in your wall that you keep calling a meter though.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join