It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to teach drone-hunting to school students

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Apparently after gym class Iranian high school students learn about civil defense and coming soon Drone Hunting 101! When I was in high school I took keyboarding as an easy course but if drone hunting was available I would've been all over it! I wonder how the hunt begins and ends? Is via hacking or brute force, like a missile? Probably hacking right? I'm still of the opinion Iran can't hack into our drones but the proof is in the pudding as they did "down" a drone or 2 already.

english.ahram.org.eg...

An Iranian newspaper is reporting that the country's powerful Revolutionary Guards paramilitary units plan to teach drone-hunting to school students.

The Monday report by pro-reform Etemad daily quotes Gen. Ali Fazli, acting commander of the Guard's Basij militia, as saying the new program will be taught as part of a "Defensive Readiness" lesson in high schools.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Hmm interesting
. Drone warfare will certainly be ever more prevalent in the future. There are lots of threads on ATS speaking to offensive utilization of drones and defense tactics, such as a young engineers idea for a city which would be impenetrable by a drone, if my memory is correct.

Unfortunately, I don't think the average person is going to be very effective, unless the entire population was staring up at the sky 24/7. These drones fly at an altitude and are small in size to render them almost impossible to notice or identity by eyesight alone. Somehow I dont think the Iranian citizens will be carrying binoculars around everywhere with them.

I think it would infeasible to implement this. But some of our resident aviation experts should provide an interesting perspective.

edit on 19-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Were can I sign up?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Wonder if the credits would transfer.

Are they accredited?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Could go with a NSA avoidance course.