It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Bible the WORD of God or the WORD of Satan?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by Atzil321

Right-click. Saved!

@OP:
It is neither.

It is often said, "God is not the author of confusion." Maybe not. But the men who wrote the bible were.

edit on 8/19/2013 by Klassified because: Redaction

That is for sure.

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by Greatest I am

Religion is crap.

There are however some very decent people who are religious but I would argue that they were decent to begin with.

No argument.

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
Perhaps it is the believer, and which duality they choose to feed - that determines whether a belief is of god/good or evil/devil.

It is the person who determines it - not the book itself.

Cirque

It is the book if you are a believer.

That is why so many Christians have a double moral standard. One to forgive their God all the evils he does and another to condemn men for doing the same as what they forgive their God for doing.

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsRelative
If I tell my friend to tell you a lie and he does, who lied to you? Was it me or him?

The bible is the combined word of God, Man, and Satan. The important thing is to be able to discern which is which.

Good luck.

You have Satan whom God gave the power to deceive the whole world and then God who seems to also like to lie to us.

Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.
1Kings 22:23

Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.
2 Chron 18:22

Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.
Jer 4:10

O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. Jer 20:7

And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.
Ezekiel 14:9

For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.
Thessalonians 2:11

To me, God’s worse lie was to Adam and Eve. He told them they could eat of the tree of life and then reneged and in a real sense murdered them by denying them a remedy.

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsRelative
reply to post by rockoperawriter

I'm not going to argue the point, but writing off an entire religion as plagiarism because that's what you heard or that's what you surmised after watching Zeitgeist doesn't seem very scientific.

Do preachers lie?

www.dailymotion.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Well, the thing about it is, the only time people were killed in the Old Testament was when they were being cruel to other people or following their own selfish desires. There is some political backstabbing, and a couple incidents where good people were killed by accident, such as when one of Davids servant was killed when the Ark or the Coventant started to fall over and he accidentally touched it. For the most part, though, death only came to those who were selfish, greedy, arrogant, followed other pagan gods, some of whom demanded child sacrifice, or other not so nice vice's. People who did good, rulers who took care of their people, who dealt honestly with their neighbors, who humbled themselves before God and others, who sacrificed of their wealth accordingly, these people God helped out over and over.

Not once in the Bible did God ever punish anyone for doing good to another person. Satan might laugh at that, but God honored it, and that's why I say the Bible is written by God and not by Satan.

Actually, I'm wrong. There is one person God allowed to be killed for being good. His Son, Jesus, and he let us heathens do it in our self righteousness to make us feel better. Didn't really work out that way though. People who reject Him are still just as messed up as ever. People who accept Him, sure, they have issues too, but there is more good being done in the name of Jesus than bad. If you don't want to accept that, I challenge you to count the amount of money spent by all the Christian Churches in the world that goes directly to charity vs. that coming from the non-religious community. And don't count government, they take money from everyone equally.

edit on 23-8-2013 by MRSeeker because: Removed shameless adversarial comment.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solmani
In response to EnochWasRight:

"Why did Cain hold on to Esau's heel? Why did Esau trade the birthright?"

Misquote on my part. I meant to ask, "Why did Jacob hold on to Esau's heel?"

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Solmani

You see, Jacob the deceiver is the serpent. Esau is the prototype for Yeshua/Jesus. The name "Esau" means "prepare the work"; it is found in the first three letters of the Hebrew number ten, ten being the number of God. All three characters, the Shin, Wau, and Ayin, are present in the name of the Redeemer, "Yeshua".

Are you sure? God said, "Jacob have I loved and Esau have I hated." It does not sound like what you describe above. Read Jasher 27.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Your God of love that shown only hate in scriptures while saying that the vast majority of us will end in hell.

Keep your God of hate and keep calling him a God of love but do not expect those who can think to follow you to hell where your God lives.

Regards
DL

I can understand some of your outrage however it is very misdirected.Hell is the doctrines that most of Christianity believes God is the supreme sadist and will torture the majority in eternal punishment of hell ....That is not in the scriptures.They say the polar opposite.

By all means if the scriptures don't speak to you don't read them ...they will not help you one bit(mostly because that is not their purpose anyways) however to indict them from saying something they don't is futile and destructive.

Yes the doctrine of hell is the most despicable perverted doctrine in existence and we have every right to do so and any honest person should vehemently despise it.But it is not a doctrine of God in the least.

edit on 23-8-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

You don't have to be so truthful now do you.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Hi there.

I think the Bible is a collection of words used to instill humanity to one aspect of faith.

Whether its the word of God or Satan is irelevant. It has been scripted from a collection of books.

To sum up this theory metaphorically, I could take one hundred photos of a dust bin. And of those, sixty six would probably work best in a collection to show how great this garbage bin is.

Whether the storys are true, or a warped version of the truth... I my self will never know.

Who they were written by... well, the authors are in the bible. Matthew, Jhon etc. Their accounts on what happened when the son of God walked the Earth. And the precursor, about Eden etc. More stories.

(Also could bring ancient aliens to this but that's off topic)

eee.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Satan because it uses complicated and convoluted language construction to explain things in metaphoric phrases. Satan always uses language to confuse.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Please note the New Testament and Jesus' teachings and action, along with passages from Pslams.

So long as you don't attack Christ, but you do and that's the problem.

Forgive me but I have a hard time stomaching your name and the continuous judgements you wish to make on God based on your own interpretation of the OT.

If there's a devil or future devil, he's the one who wishes to rise up as the Greatest I Am and cast down the God of love.

Good luck with that.

Your God of love that shown only hate in scriptures while saying that the vast majority of us will end in hell.

Keep your God of hate and keep calling him a God of love but do not expect those who can think to follow you to hell where your God lives.

Regards
DL

Oh the irony!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRSeeker
Well, the thing about it is, the only time people were killed in the Old Testament was when they were being cruel to other people or following their own selfish desires. There is some political backstabbing, and a couple incidents where good people were killed by accident, such as when one of Davids servant was killed when the Ark or the Coventant started to fall over and he accidentally touched it. For the most part, though, death only came to those who were selfish, greedy, arrogant, followed other pagan gods, some of whom demanded child sacrifice, or other not so nice vice's. People who did good, rulers who took care of their people, who dealt honestly with their neighbors, who humbled themselves before God and others, who sacrificed of their wealth accordingly, these people God helped out over and over.

Not once in the Bible did God ever punish anyone for doing good to another person. Satan might laugh at that, but God honored it, and that's why I say the Bible is written by God and not by Satan.

Actually, I'm wrong. There is one person God allowed to be killed for being good. His Son, Jesus, and he let us heathens do it in our self righteousness to make us feel better. Didn't really work out that way though. People who reject Him are still just as messed up as ever. People who accept Him, sure, they have issues too, but there is more good being done in the name of Jesus than bad. If you don't want to accept that, I challenge you to count the amount of money spent by all the Christian Churches in the world that goes directly to charity vs. that coming from the non-religious community. And don't count government, they take money from everyone equally.

edit on 23-8-2013 by MRSeeker because: Removed shameless adversarial comment.

I do not agree with you and neither does the bible as far as God not punishing the innocent and thus doing evil.
Jesus is a good example of a death that was not required. After all, God condemned him even before creating man and the capacity to sin. That is quite insane don't you think?

Check this link to see the other innocent people that he had murdered, especially the children and babies then come back and amend your initial faux pas.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
reply to post by Solmani

You see, Jacob the deceiver is the serpent. Esau is the prototype for Yeshua/Jesus. The name "Esau" means "prepare the work"; it is found in the first three letters of the Hebrew number ten, ten being the number of God. All three characters, the Shin, Wau, and Ayin, are present in the name of the Redeemer, "Yeshua".

Are you sure? God said, "Jacob have I loved and Esau have I hated." It does not sound like what you describe above. Read Jasher 27.

His view may be closer to the truth. It can be argued that God hated Jesus also because he chose to have him sacrificed/murdered when there was no real need to do so as God could have found many more moral ways to forgive us than a barbaric human sacrifice.

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rex282

Regards
DL

I can understand some of your outrage however it is very misdirected.Hell is the doctrines that most of Christianity believes God is the supreme sadist and will torture the majority in eternal punishment of hell ....That is not in the scriptures.They say the polar opposite.

By all means if the scriptures don't speak to you don't read them ...they will not help you one bit(mostly because that is not their purpose anyways) however to indict them from saying something they don't is futile and destructive.

Yes the doctrine of hell is the most despicable perverted doctrine in existence and we have every right to do so and any honest person should vehemently despise it.But it is not a doctrine of God in the least.

edit on 23-8-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

We can agree on this. Christians will not.

Check this story and see how they love to hate so much that they will switch preachers if theirs does not hate as much as they think he should.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

You don't have to be so truthful now do you.

Yes. I am damned near phobic about being caught in a lie.

My colorful past perhaps.

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

Hi there.

I think the Bible is a collection of words used to instill humanity to one aspect of faith.

Whether its the word of God or Satan is irelevant. It has been scripted from a collection of books.

To sum up this theory metaphorically, I could take one hundred photos of a dust bin. And of those, sixty six would probably work best in a collection to show how great this garbage bin is.

Whether the storys are true, or a warped version of the truth... I my self will never know.

Who they were written by... well, the authors are in the bible. Matthew, Jhon etc. Their accounts on what happened when the son of God walked the Earth. And the precursor, about Eden etc. More stories.

(Also could bring ancient aliens to this but that's off topic)

eee.

God not being human is an alien.

One of the reasons I reject non-human authority.

You are a bright guy so what is this garbage you wrote.

"Whether the storys are true, or a warped version of the truth... I my self will never know."

You cannot possibly believe in talking snakes and donkeys or that sticks will turn into snakes.

So you do know don't you?

Regards
DL
edit on 24-8-2013 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Satan because it uses complicated and convoluted language construction to explain things in metaphoric phrases. Satan always uses language to confuse.

The great deceiver. You have a point. But you have to watch that sneaky God as well.
God is the greatest liar of all.

Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.
1Kings 22:23

Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.
2 Chron 18:22

Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.
Jer 4:10

O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. Jer 20:7

And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.
Ezekiel 14:9

For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.
Thessalonians 2:11

To me, God’s worse lie was to Adam and Eve. He told them they could eat of the tree of life and then reneged and in a real sense murdered them by denying them a remedy.

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
reply to post by Solmani

His view may be closer to the truth. It can be argued that God hated Jesus also because he chose to have him sacrificed/murdered when there was no real need to do so as God could have found many more moral ways to forgive us than a barbaric human sacrifice.

Regards
DL

Do you have a quote for that statement?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join