It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Arafat Transferred to France to Hide the Cause of Death?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
French law does not require a cause of death to be released when someone dies in that country. So did Arafats aides choose that country in order to hide the cause of death, be it poisoning, AIDS, or some other questionable disease? Did the Palestinians intentionally murder Arafat to gain power and his money?

French military hospital spokesman Gen. Christian Estripeau announced Arafat's death at about 3:30 a.m. to the large contingent of reporters standing watch outside the complex. Under France's strict privacy laws, he refused to reveal the cause of death

sfgate.com.../c/a/2004/11/11/MNGOD9PKT81.DTL

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Interesting, but, I think they did not have much choice. France was the only modern country that was willing to a) transport and b) provide the facilities.

Cause of death cauld be anything from cerbral hypoxia to septic shock. The underlying cause would be more interesting IMHO

Most likely, old age, indifferent medicare care, poor diet, loads of stress etc etc.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Interesting, but, I think they did not have much choice. France was the only modern country that was willing to a) transport and b) provide the facilities.

It's also where his wife and daughter live. I'm sure that had a little to do with it as well.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
My personal opinion is poisoning. I'm in the medical field, and although I certainly don't know everything, he had a course of illness that seems to follow that pattern. Guess we'll never know, unless it is to try and place blame where it may be politically expedient.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
My first thought about this was that the severity of this illnes could mean AIDS, because of a widespread conspiracy of his past, possibly as a bi-sexual. While France was the only country that would've provided the healthcare, at the same time the french were willing to cover up the conspiracy of the illness.

I believe doctor's knew what Arafat had, it just wasn't going to be disclosed to the public which could lead to problems/embarassement.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
People,
realistically, all of you are trying tio engage the secretive realm of Palestinian politics and succession. While moderately amuzing, I don't believe we'll get to real answers on this board. Let's discuss aliens... and Iraq. That's a whole bit more transparent

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I think the choice to go to France was because that was where he could go and get the best Treatment and Medical care.

I mean how good was the Medical care in the area where Arafat lived?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I think the choice to go to France was because that was where he could go and get the best Treatment and Medical care.

I mean how good was the Medical care in the area where Arafat lived?

I would like to die in France myslef. That's a veritable paradise on Earth. Bar none.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
he was old
he died

move on

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
ooooor maybe it wasn't really him!??!?! Maybe that's what they want you to believe when really it was a setup and he's still alive in an underground base here in the U.S.A? Where the aliens are cloning him so they can take him home with them and maybe even cleaning out his blood system so he can live another 100 yrs underground!

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
it's ALL TRUE! I even have a fuzzy picture that if you enhance it 200 times you can make out an Arafat face and his towel on his head!

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The French are still not saying anything about Yasser Arafat's Cause of Death.

I don't know what is going on but there is definetly something that someone wants to hide.

Even after Yasser Arafat's death Thursday morning, French health officials continued their stony silence about exactly what disease killed the Palestinian leader. And so, the man who lived so much of his life simply and in the public eye, died mysteriously, surrounded by secrecy.

After two weeks, the medical databases at Percy Military Training Hospital in Clamart must be crammed with information about Arafat's condition - scans, biopsies, reams of blood test results - that would have defined for doctors within minutes the condition of Arafat's kidneys, liver and lungs. But these remain top secret.

The hospital officially announced Arafat's death in a terse statement delivered by the hospital spokesman, General Christian Estripeau, who told reporters there would be no details released on tests, the cause of death or whether there would be an autopsy. When reached by telephone later on Thursday, Estripeau said there would be "no information."

In fact, all the information about Arafat's sudden death that has dribbled out comes from his Palestinian aides, who provide facts through a non-medical and highly politicized filter. These few misshapen puzzle pieces are insufficient to create a picture of what went wrong.

www.iht.com.../articles/2004/11/11/news/health.html

[edit on 12-11-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I really think there is something to this....

They still will not release the cause of death...

France's foreign minister indicates his country has no intention of publishing Yasser Arafat's medical records. He said the decision about what to do with them is up to the late Palestinian leader's family.

The foreign minister said Arafat's file will be transmitted to Arafat's immediate family members who ask for it. For emphasis, he added, "and I mean family."

France has strict privacy laws and there are no exceptions.

www.capitalnews9.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by fusion360
My first thought about this was that the severity of this illnes could mean AIDS, because of a widespread conspiracy of his past, possibly as a bi-sexual. While France was the only country that would've provided the healthcare, at the same time the french were willing to cover up the conspiracy of the illness.

I believe doctor's knew what Arafat had, it just wasn't going to be disclosed to the public which could lead to problems/embarassement.

These were my thoughts as well. Surely, even if Palestine had sub-par medical facilities, there were hospitals in other Arab Muslim countries (like Saudi Arabia, for example) that had top-notch hospitals of Western quality.

Surely the Saudi Arabian Royal Family wouldn't refuse to give medical care to one of the most beloved Arab Muslims ever?

I think he went to France to hide the fact that he had AIDS, and was homosexual. (Bisexual? Maybe. But Arafat hadn't seen his French wife in person in 10 years!)

Why would he hide this? Well, embarassment is an understatement as far as Arafat being a homosexual would be concerned in the Arab Muslim community. The fanatical fundamentalists among them are known for killing homosexuals and bisexuals on sight (they are considered one of the many types of "dirty" people in their minds).

Imagine what the reaction would be in the Arab Muslim world if it was discovered that Yasser Arafat was homosexual!

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It appears he died of Cirrhosis of the liver

PALESTINIAN leader Yasser Arafat died of cirrhosis of the liver, but French doctors were loath to say so because of a common public belief that the disease is the result of alcoholism, reports indicated yesterday.

Doctors described Mr Arafat as "a true water drinker" and not an alcoholic, according to the paper, Le Canard Enchaine. The weekly is well known for political satire and accurate investigations.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud
These were my thoughts as well. Surely, even if Palestine had sub-par medical facilities, there were hospitals in other Arab Muslim countries (like Saudi Arabia, for example) that had top-notch hospitals of Western quality.

Surely the Saudi Arabian Royal Family wouldn't refuse to give medical care to one of the most beloved Arab Muslims ever?

I think he went to France to hide the fact that he had AIDS, and was homosexual. (Bisexual? Maybe. But Arafat hadn't seen his French wife in person in 10 years!)

Why would he hide this? Well, embarassment is an understatement as far as Arafat being a homosexual would be concerned in the Arab Muslim community. The fanatical fundamentalists among them are known for killing homosexuals and bisexuals on sight (they are considered one of the many types of "dirty" people in their minds).

Imagine what the reaction would be in the Arab Muslim world if it was discovered that Yasser Arafat was homosexual!

They would've gone nuts, the place could've erupted with revolt against the palestinian government, but could the west of wanted that, or is there more to that?

top topics

join