It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Sundiving Comet Heading Towards the Sun!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Looks like Kreutz group comet ..

Comet will hit the Sun tomorrow ..

Also very probably we will have CME on opposite side of the Sun when comet hit ..

LASCO C3

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

edit on 19-8-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
All right
New chance to see if a CME will erupt just before it hits. I'll have to watch for an article about the presence of a CME and whether it helps with the new hypothesis about this relationship between sundivers and cme's

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
LASCO C3
(2013-08-17 12:18:05 - 2013-08-19 07:42:05 UTC)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I wonder if SOHO have ever captured a closeup of one of these sun divers..
It would be logical to capture such a event on film, I would be very interested in seeing that

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

YouTube is your friend

That's probably the most spectacular, a sungrazer that survived caught by the SDO.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

Sun Diving Comet & CME
2011-10-01

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

I've seen videos of comets entering the sun and there have been no CME's or flares.

So, it only happens...sometimes.

Why my friend?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
So is this dangerous for us here on earth? What is the worst case scenario?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Probably because of different composition or age of comet, also from where he comes or originated etc ..

Think this one will make CME ..

Last images ..

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk

I've seen videos of comets entering the sun and there have been no CME's or flares.

Why my friend?

There is enough of a coincidence with this that many space organizations are starting to investigate it. I read about it on the NASA site and the Space weather site. It doesn't always happen, but with technology, they can find out what is causing it to happen so often. Maybe it has something to do with the composition of the comet. In a couple of years I expect to see a lot more science about this coming from these organizations. Their awareness was actually increased by comments from people on their sites around the world I guess, that is what I read somewhere anyway. Give the scientists time, they will figure it out and possibly be able to predict CMEs in the future.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Originally posted by AlphaHawk

Why my friend?

There is enough of a coincidence with this that many space organizations are starting to investigate it. I read about it on the NASA site and the Space weather site. It doesn't always happen, but with technology, they can find out what is causing it to happen so often. Maybe it has something to do with the composition of the comet. In a couple of years I expect to see a lot more science about this coming from these organizations. Their awareness was actually increased by comments from people on their sites around the world I guess, that is what I read somewhere anyway. Give the scientists time, they will figure it out and possibly be able to predict CMEs in the future.

Yes, this was the 2011 coupling, the word then, "probably not" Even so, many speculated then and nothing wrong with that. It could just be that the "ayes" have it,

apod.nasa.gov... (large size movie)

Youtube.

edit on 19-8-2013 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Now this is one of many articles I read on that subject. It states that from an observation, there appeared to be an interaction with the elements of the comet and the suns magnetic field. spaceweather.com... To discount something without investigating it thoroughly is not science. Some scientists are apparantly being real scientists while others are just comparing a situation to their present knowledge and making statements without actually really investigating anything.

It is nice to see that the number of people who don't make statements without actually observing things or investigating them is decreasing, we are becoming a more intelligent race. I have seen this practice of blowing things off happen many times in my lifetime. I no longer believe the interpretations of something if the evidence does not show that it is true, many people do. I also hate misapplied evidence. The worst thing we did was to close our minds, the blinding of people by the knowledge we hold is contradictory to science.

In this case, if they watch the interaction of the comets and some large asteroids with the sun and find positively that it has little bearing through research, I will believe them. I will not believe those who say it does not exist without even observing the evidence. I am not alone, there are a lot of researchers out there who want to see the evidence. Sadly, they are sometimes suppressed by the ones who have great knowledge full of assumptions that are found in books. Those with a lot of book knowledge are often narrow minded.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
regardless of whether or not this sun diving comet produces significant events, it is another recently discovered space object added to the ever growing list of such. what could be producing these things? hurmmm...i wonder.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
We have 2 CME's, one before comet hit the Sun and one after ..

Second one is large filament eruption ..

edit on 20-8-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This large solar filament eruption is in our direction but not with main stream of plasma so we will have geomagnetic storm in two days ..

Also possibility for stinger seizmic activity in next 3 days and EQ of M 7.2+ ..

Sensitive and dangerous area in time ahead Cook Strait, New Zealand, off coast Peru or N Chile ..

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I was looking at lasco c2 and c3 this morning and noticed the comet hitting the Sun on c3. That looked like a pretty massive pulse from such a small comet. Any idea why?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by trontech

I was looking at lasco c2 and c3 this morning and noticed the comet hitting the Sun on c3. That looked like a pretty massive pulse from such a small comet. Any idea why?

Think they not interact Sun only with physical impact, similar like this situation ..

Think comets collecting electromagnetic radiation from wide universe and all kinds of events then discharge or interact with Sun, mostly they are very old also very long travelers etc ..

Some interesting images & videos, probably for you ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Nice prediction, so few predictions actually pan out here or anywhere, you would think it would get a little more notice.

S&F my friend.

edit on 20-8-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Some new videos ..

AIA 304, LASCO C2/C3 (2013-08-19 21:44:07 - 2013-08-20 20:34:07 UTC)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Looks amazing to me. The burst before the comet hits looks like the Sun knows it's approaching and is trying to repel it. Pretty cool!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join