It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda Targeting European Rail Network

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
For those who live in Europe ... be alert.
The World Wide Travel Warning issues by the USA is for all of August.
But I'd be willing to bet that it gets extended past September 11th ....

France - Al Qaeda Targeting European Rail Network

AFP - Al-Qaeda is plotting attacks on Europe's high-speed rail network, German mass circulation daily Bild reported on Monday, citing intelligence sources.

The extremist group could plant explosives on trains and tunnels or sabotage tracks and electrical cabling, said Bild, Europe's most widely read daily.

Bild said the information came from the National Security Agency (NSA) in the United States, which had listened in to a conference call involving top Al-Qaeda operatives.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Why don't they just rename Al Qaeda "Al Bogeyman" and be done with it.

We pay these incompetent fools the ungodly sums and budgets we do so *WE* don't HAVE to worry about this crap every day. They seem to forget that. We wouldn't NEED them if we WANTED to handle this ourselves.

Perhaps we need to fire the lot of them and get a few in charge who remember their service is supposed to be a quiet and subtle one.....not rock stars in a worldwide concert.
edit on 19-8-2013 by wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Bild said the information came from the National Security Agency (NSA) in the United States, which had listened in to a conference call involving top Al-Qaeda operatives.

I say the tip is fake, since it's coming from the NSA.
*Leave us in Europe outside of your fantasy land, you morons from the NSA*

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Bull plop of the highest order!

The NSA "listened in to an AQ conference call"....haha... hahahaha... hahahahahahahahaha!

Seriously, do they think we are ALL stupid? When it's pretty much common knowledge that all electronic comms are monitored all the time, they still expect us to believe that the bogeymen they present us with hold "conference calls" to plot and scheme their mass death and destruction aims?

What next? Will the bogeymen be booking the conference facilities at the local Marriott for a convention (which will be bugged of course by the ever vigilant good guys)?

The only real acts of terrorism against the citizens are planned and carried out by our very own government agencies, the ones we the taxpayer fund. Disband them and stop mucking about in other countries for geopolitical and corporate gain, and we'll see all the silliness stop.

Oh, and for any GCHQ, NSA, MI5/6, CIA, FBI types reading this.... go F*%@ Yerselves!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

this is Invented News, to not let people question "faul play" at the Spanish accident, two weeks ago

" see ? theres coming an elephant, look, beware !"
while the real elephant just left, after having stood behind you.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lone12
this is Invented News,

I have no idea if what the warning is saying is true or not. It's the NSA ... so who knows?
I'm just passing it along because it's news.

- It might be an authentic warning, and so now everyone knows ahead of time.
- It might be a false flag thing ...
- It might be psy-ops

Dunno' .... but I posted it for discussion.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Lone12
this is Invented News,

I have no idea if what the warning is saying is true or not. It's the NSA ... so who knows?
I'm just passing it along because it's news.

- It might be an authentic warning, and so now everyone knows ahead of time.
- It might be a false flag thing ...
- It might be psy-ops

Dunno' .... but I posted it for discussion.

i know FF
- if i sounded annoyed, it was because of the predictable sh** they always produce
and certainly Not to yóu , posting it
regards,

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

If anyone one of us on ats were a part of some group, who wanted to act in secrecy, would we use technology to discuss our private negotiations
methinks NOT... it would be much safer to hold such meetings in a private and secret location face to face, it might still be spied on or some insider leaking out info, but that is hardly the same as the security agencies telling us they "listened in" how did it sound? " well good morning everyone, welcome to al qaeda radio, today we discuss attacks on european rail network..blah blah...
Do the ns really think people believe they can eavedrop on anyone anytime anywhere.... if it is all so easy, why the hell don't they get ahead of the game once in a while... because it's not so easy to get info on the bad guys, they are the fox and that is usually ahead of the hounds, only getting caught once in a while... much the same...

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000

We pay these incompetent fools the ungodly sums and budgets we do so *WE* don't HAVE to worry about this crap every day. They seem to forget that. We wouldn't NEED them if we WANTED to handle this ourselves.

Perhaps we need to fire the lot of them and get a few in charge who remember their service is supposed to be a quiet and subtle one.....not rock stars in a worldwide concert.

You raise an astonishingly simple, yet obvious point!

Terrorists want to cause terror to destabilize governments and cause panic for the citizens.

So country's spend billions (trillions in some cases, *cough USA*) of tax payers money to protect services events and boarders from terrorists.

Yet when a threat is expected the very first thing the government does is tell everyone about it and how worried they should be?!?!? What a good job we spent all that money to be safe, oh wait, its not us we are paying to keep safe, its the government!?!?

Im just a bit more pissed off now, but thank you anyway for that realization wabbit.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Waitaminute - this was 2 weeks ago (at least my radio told me about that operations were running for the last 2 weeks to monitor rails and stations).
Wasn't that the time the USA closed their embassies?

So... a threat to 19 embassies was made public worldwide, but a threat to a multinational public transport system wasn't worth the mentioning?

Suuuuure. I believe you, Big Brother NSA. Of course I do!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I don't see how this could be the case.

The NSA is spying on all of us for our safety and security so we don't have things like this happening.

Of course, they (NSA) could be back-logged with; ATS posts, spying on college co-eds, and perusing grandma's pics of her grandchildren. . . . . . . . .

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Mainstream media has got you....

So now we have enough precognition to alert our public about the "enemy's" attacks before they even happen? This wont bring any new military presence to the railways, it is only going to bring fear and grief to them. Cannot buy into this garbage.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
So the same AQ who 10 years ago we were told shunned all forms of electrical communications(as they feared being spied upon) are now hosting multi jihadi video conference calls?

Hmm,righto.
That makes alot of sense..

NSA are in "told you prism is totally benevolant" mode IMO.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Al Qaeda Targeting European Rail Network

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Yeah

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000

Its worse than that. If the Services believe it might be necessary to blow the people up whom fund them through taxes, they will do just that. Only reason that after 911 not many more attacks went through is that blowing people up potentially leaves back very nosy relatives whom might do a lot of digging as was seen after 7/7. So a failed plot turns out to be the best way in between, except its too late now. Many people around the world now believe the services have no qualms to blow up their own people, or at the very least people in an allied country.

A bomb was interdicted on a train at a station at Cologne or Düsseldorf before a couple of years back. It was not armed. The people whom were charged with planting it probably were not the same whom put it together.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
a conference call involving top Al-Qaeda operatives.

Haha, I just love the idea of high ranking Jihadist's having a conference call....

"Now entering bridge, please state name.."

"Mohammed"

"beep....Mohammed has joined the call...."

"Now entering bridge, please state name.."

"Mohammed".............

new topics

top topics

join