It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt's Ex-Dictator Mubarak 'To Be Freed'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
news.sky.com...

Mubarak was toppled from power in February 2011 following an uprising and has been held by authorities since.

He has made numerous appearances at Cairo's courthouse since on charges relating to the death of protesters during the revolution and of corruption.

However, according to his lawyer Fareed El Deeb, judicial authorities ordered that 85-year-old Mubarak should be released in one of the remaining corruption charges against him.

Things are getting weird in Egypt. Releasing Mubarak? Odd. Imagine if he returned to power? I'm sure that wont happen. I suppose this decision came after all the violence in Egypt right now, in other news terrorists killed 25 policemen & the Muslim Brotherhood vows to continue the violence. I dunno what the hell is going on over there.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Unbelievable!! Is Egypt going to be another Syria. I wonder!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

should be released in one of the remaining corruption charges against him

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

He said: "All we have left is a simple administrative procedure that should take no more than 48 hours. He should be freed by the end of the week."

Once freed he still faces retrial this may for the deaths of the protesters from 2011.
edit on 19-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

that's what i meant. it's just one of the charges. you've made it sound in your post like he's getting totally free. far from it.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

He said that the only legal grounds for the former leader's detention would be another corruption case, which is expected to be concluded later this week.

He said: "All we have left is a simple administrative procedure that should take no more than 48 hours. He should be freed by the end of the week."

He'll be freed at the end of the week & he still stand retrial in may.

Welcome to the Department of Redundancy Department.
edit on 19-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite
Unbelievable!! Is Egypt going to be another Syria. I wonder!

And thats why they killed Gaddafi so in order he wouldn't be another Mubarak. They knew Gaddafi hasn't done anything but rather it was the opposite.

top topics

join