It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Anomaly Looks Like A Crash Site - New Sonar Image

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Personally, I don't see a crash site. But, Here is what I do see...

Looking at the Ocean X site they have a 3D model created from Sonar and the diver's descriptions.

Baltic Sea Anomaly – Measurements

Notice in the model they describe the "skid mark" as a ridge, not as a gouge. If I may take a little liberty here, I will substitute "ridge" for the word ramp. The ridge/ramp begins at the mountain which has been bi-bisected and extends to the anomaly.

Why would there be a ramp there? I mean what the heck...right?

Test result from object

Samples retrieved from site were subjected to Infrared Spectroscopy. Looking at the chart given on the Ocean X site the sample peaks highly resemble Limonite and mention Goethite as well. Lets look at these two minerals a little closer.

Britannica.com - Limonite

limonite, one of the major iron minerals, hydrated ferric oxide (FeO(OH)·nH2O). It was originally considered one of a series of such oxides; later it was thought to be the amorphous equivalent of goethite and lepidocrocite, but X-ray studies have shown that most so-called limonite is actually goethite.

Ok so "most so-called Limonite is actually Goethite".

Britannica.com - Goethite

In terms of relative abundance, goethite is second only to hematite (α-Fe2O3) among iron oxides. Goethite is normally formed under oxidizing conditions as a weathering product of iron minerals (e.g., pyrite, magnetite). Because it is formed near the surface, goethite is the major component of the gossan of iron sulfide deposits in locations such as Arizona and of lateritic deposits in places such as Cuba. It also occurs as a direct precipitate in marine and meteoric waters, and deposits accumulate in springs and marshes
Goethite is the source for the pigment known as yellow ochre; it is also the primary mineral in some important iron ores, such as those in the Alsace-Lorraine basin in France. Other important goethite deposits are found in the southern Appalachians, U.S.; Brazil; South Africa; Russia; and Australia.

Goethite varies in colour from yellow-brown to red. It is composed of about 80 to 90 percent Fe2O3 and approximately 10 percent water. When dehydrated, goethite forms hematite; upon hydration, goethite becomes limonite. For detailed physical properties, see oxide mineral (table). .

Stay with me here... this is where it gets good! One last mineral.... Hematite.

Britannica.com - Hematite

Hematite, also spelled Haematite, heavy and relatively hard oxide mineral, ferric oxide (Fe2O3), that constitutes the most important iron ore because of its high iron content (70 percent) and its abundance. Its name is derived from the Greek word for “blood,” in allusion to its red colour. Many of the various forms of hematite have separate names. The steel-gray crystals and coarse-grained varieties have a brilliant metallic lustre and are known as specular iron ore; thin scaly types are called micaceous hematite. Much hematite occurs in a soft, fine-grained, earthy form called red ochre or ruddle. Intermediate between these types are compact varieties, often with a reniform surface (kidney ore) or a fibrous structure (pencil ore). Red ochre is used as a paint pigment; a purified form, rouge, is used to polish plate glass.

Closing thoughts.....

I don't consider myself a Geologists, but to me this sounds like a possible Iron rich (underwater) structure. At the very least it could have been a source of Red ochre. If it is iron rich, then this could possibly lend credence to the equipment malfunctions reported earlier during the finding.

Skeptics may be able to overlook the anomaly as simply a natural underwater structure, indeed they may be partially correct. Although, combined with the bi-bisected mountain and "ridge"/ramp as well as the other features associated with the structure it's self, it may possibly be man made.

One possibility could be this area was mined for the Red ochre, but that is allot of work for some dye and/or paint. The other possibility it could be is the I word... Iron

This could pose a problem though. One could say that man may have been mining iron ore sometime during the last glacial maximum (c. 22,000 years ago) but that would just play all kinds of trouble with the hunter/gather Neolithic era concept... lost tech perhaps?

After all we all know that man was munching bananas before the "stone and bone" era (/Sarcasm)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I am not sure how this is different than the original theories. Very cool they are doing the research, but pretty certain this is a glacial creation. Nature can cause perfectly circular rocks. And long lines in the earth are common with glacial activity. Why they would jump to the conclusion this is a crashed anything baffles me.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

It would be interesting to have a better layout of the site. Which way is North, South ect. So far it seems they could release allot more details, but have not.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
NOAHS ARK!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by dreamingawake

Baltic Anomaly Looks Like A Crash Site

If that is a crash site why is the channel the UFO created so much smaller that the UFO that created it ?

Maybe the stem (landing gear) of the mushroom (ship body) is what carved the narrow gouge. The top part made it over the mountain but the stem part did not and crashed into the mountain. Sounds plausible to me...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I wish they would get down there and dig it up already! Been waiting...forever!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

This is a puzzle and I won´t dare to bet on the origins of this apparently unusual combination of submerged structures - but time will offer a better look. So, it´s about the waiting-game - at least until there is a better resource on data available.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

what do you think about the electronic interference experienced while over top of the object? any explanation for that?

My guess would be natural minerals in the rocks blocking or interfering with the equipment.

Might be anything down there doing that..Uranium deposits or other active elements.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I would not hope for a 'crashed saucer; it could still be natural or in the end - some middle ages vessel, far not an alien spaceship.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
For the love of god its been 2 years and they have barely had a picture or video of anything down there despite all the funding and media attentiont hey got.. and where is this documentary they said was in the worls!
i dont believe a word these people say anymore

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

be nice to know if it is common in that area

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
A core sample from the Object would be nice around about now!

Is that even possible underwater?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I question the source , since they have UFO videos of a known hoax/fake video maker, DestinationUnknown
That YT channel has nothing real about it. All the videos are of still or slow movements video and then the UFOs are Computer Generated , that last just over 1 minute in length which is another sign that it's CGI.
Now after what almost 2 years they is sonar images, really? isn't Sonar a Computer Generation? and could have been changed to bring interest back to a dead subject.
where the hell is the actual video from the site?
I mean it's not the deepest part of the ocean, so a rover/divers can be deployed to it, right?
this story has been going on for too long not have an answer

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Maybe i work with this too long now, maybe i am crazy, but in my eyes i see crash site.

Best part of the video, love his voice ( no homo)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Maybe i work with this too long now, maybe i am crazy, but in my eyes i see crash site.

Best part of the video, love his voice ( no homo)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
A crash site of what? A craft made from stone? I thought we knrw for a long time already it's not a craft but a stone structure of some sorts.

Yes you can make Spacecraft out of granite.Research David Hamel.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
A crash site of what? A craft made from stone? I thought we knrw for a long time already it's not a craft but a stone structure of some sorts.

Yes you can make Spacecraft out of granite.Research David Hamel.

I defiantly concur with that. The very first building material, was stone.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join