US Coastal temps, Currents and Daily Tide Data.

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I came across this while hunting up new things to add to a web project I'm working on and thought it was far too good and generally valuable not to share. There is a variety of data each sensor shows and there are A LOT of sensors. The area covered is the entire coastal United States and at least one inland I noticed with Great Lake Sensors as well as Hawaii and Alaska. Bermuda also has one. Here are a couple images from the site to give an idea of what it is.

States report the data and NOAA coordinates it all to present for the very user friendly map they have there. If there is one thing Obama HAS done and done very well, it's consolidation of Government presence online. The quality of resources have improved dramatically over the last few years, as have the degree they are indexed and easy to find.

They also have a rollover data mini-screen that gives both current air and water temp as well as air pressure.

Interactive NOAA Tides and Currents Database

It may be useful for planning or last minute checking to a vacation or as Hurricane season comes in and settles for a few months. Anyway, it's part of the forum now for reference.

new topics

join