It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Princess Anne�s Plane Almost Crashed With A Eurofighter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

A Royal Air Force plane carrying Princess Anne almost crashed with a Eurofighter from the RAF. Princess Anne is Queen Elizabeth�s only daughter.

The Ministry of Defence said the incident involved a Eurofighter Typhoon and happened in Lancashire's Morecambe Bay area, shortly before 1000 GMT.

An MoD spokesman told BBC News: "A loss of separation was reported by the National Air Traffic Service to the Civil Aviation Authority between two aircraft - an RAF HS125 and a Eurofighter Typhoon."

Buckingham Palace confirmed that the 54-year-old princess had been involved in an "air proximity incident".

The Eurofighters are currently being introduced by the RAF and I guess this incident must be quite embarrassing for the RAF. I just wonder if this was a "near accident" or if it could have been a warning to the Queen not to interfere in politics.
SCI/TECH: Queen Elizabeth Urges US Global Warming Rethink

[edit on 2004/11/11 by Hellmutt]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

A Royal Air Force plane carrying Princess Anne almost crashed with a Eurofighter from the RAF. Princess Anne is Queen Elizabeth�s only daughter.

- Well the BBC are reporting it as the Palace saying there was a 'proximity incident'.

Apparantly they were 600ft apart vertically and 3.5miles apart horizontally.

Some 'near miss' .

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Here is another near-miss which happened in 2002, but take a look at that quote. I guess this time they might have reported it anyway then, since there was a Royal involved? It was close enough for an alarm to go off anyway. I�m not used to "feet" and "miles", I use "meters" and "kilometers"...

A CAA spokesman said: "An investigation is under way but the two planes must have been closer together than 1,000ft or no report would have been filed.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
I guess this time they might have reported it anyway then, since there was a Royal involved?

- That's probably more to do with it than anything Helmutt....slow news day.

It was close enough for an alarm to go off anyway. I�m not used to "feet" and "miles", I use "meters" and "kilometers"...

- Yeah I know what you mean....just wait till they start on about knots!

new topics

top topics

join