An image of Comet Ison or is it really a comet?

page: 35
<< 32  33  34   >>

join

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
So,parallax has the comet moving that far against the background stars in 440 seconds.....naww....sumthins up....a child could discern this....and this....Did you know that Scripture states that those living in the end times will have NO EXCUSE....for not knowing....

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
So,parallax has the comet moving that far against the background stars in 440 seconds.....naww....sumthins up....a child could discern this....and this....Did you know that Scripture states that those living in the end times will have NO EXCUSE....for not knowing....

Have you actually bothered to see if that IS the expected parallax based on the orbit, or are you just engaging in the logical fallacy of appeal to personal incredulity? I think the answer to my question is fairly obvious given your post. Meanwhile...

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Without the will or ability to trail through 35 pages of ATS, could someone tell me - will this comet be seen worldwide? I'm in Northern Ireland, if that helps. Thank you!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by locoequine
Without the will or ability to trail through 35 pages of ATS, could someone tell me - will this comet be seen worldwide? I'm in Northern Ireland, if that helps. Thank you!

If you have a large backyard telescope, its visible now.
Otherwise, end October/start of November should have it visible in binoculars, and mid november would be easily seen and plainly obvious without any optical aid at all.

But... its in the eastern sky before dawn, so you'll have to get up a few hours earlier than you'd like.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

So a book of fairy tales is believed first

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

So a book of fairy tales is believed first

Not to mention that in each of those 440 second exposures, at it's present speed, the comet moved about 8600 miles. So, yes, at that magnification, at that angle, it certainly would move that far against the background stars.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Thank you very much!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by locoequine

If you have a large backyard telescope, its visible now.

Indeed. Barely. Here's what an 8" Meade LX200 and Atik Titan camera gets you:

Took it this morning.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The parallax/composite image explanations given in this thread are summed up on the Hubble site:

What's Going On With This Comet ISON Image?

edit on 9/17/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I was going to post something similar:
archive.stsci.edu...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This image has me perplexed.

Top left corner shows multiple anomolys

new topics
top topics

<< 32  33  34   >>