It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An image of Comet Ison or is it really a comet?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unthought Known
Zoom out to the 3rd option from the left. You can see the comet clearly from there. Then zoom in on it a little (3rd option from the right...don't forget to move the crosshair over to it) and hit the darker contrast button (upper left) a few times. I am sure there is a reasonable explanation for it, but its interesting nonetheless.

TQ i see it now..

its so BIG??

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Is this it?

YES!!!!

But I dont want anyone to see this until they see it for themselves first!!!

Is that not the most amazing thing EVER!!

Ok, maybe Im just a little too excited..

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy

Originally posted by Unthought Known
Zoom out to the 3rd option from the left. You can see the comet clearly from there. Then zoom in on it a little (3rd option from the right...don't forget to move the crosshair over to it) and hit the darker contrast button (upper left) a few times. I am sure there is a reasonable explanation for it, but its interesting nonetheless.

TQ i see it now..

its so BIG??

Ok, Cheesy..NOW darken the image all the way..click it 3 times..the darken box up at the left top of the page..and look at the comet now.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Is this it?

What??? its different sir..hei Mr.OP where is it??

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Do you mean this?

Could it be some sort of time lapse effect, like different times of recording?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoParadigm

Do you mean this?

Could it be some sort of time lapse effect, like different times of recording?

Yessir! That is it..and I dont know WHAT it is..but it certainly is NOT a comet..what say you?

Why dont the other stars do what the "comet" did..Ive always felt something strange about this comet..they are hiding something..and there it is!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Cheesy..you have to darken the page..top left of the page..there is a darken, lighten, etc buttons..click on darken 3 times..until the page is black and the stars are really bright...you'll see the same thing!

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

OMG what the Hell???

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy

OMG what the Hell???

Yes..it works inverted, as well. Thats what I said, Cheesy..now do you know why I wanted you to work for it! lol
Sorry about that, but it just isnt the same if I do the work for you.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I think it is because the stars don't move like the comet. That pic is probably made up out of "open shutter" shots at different points in time, so the comet looks extended.

That's my guess.
edit on 18-8-2013 by NeoParadigm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

WTH is that?!?

Wow! Good find op!

Where are the space experts? I'm with the op on this I don't think that's a freaking ball of ice or whatever "they" claim!

Is that thing coming toward Earth? Get the bunker ready!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I think it is because the stars don't move like the comet. That pic is probably made up out of "open shutter" shots from at different points in time, so the comet looks extended.

That's my guess.

I dont know..but why would shutter shots cause that..unless someone can prove to me in another picture that that is the reason..im going to stick with, that is NOT a comet

It is the hubble telescope picture..i dont know how the telescope works, either.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya

ITs awesome!!!
Maybe its the Klingons!

link   
Captain....circle the wagons.....give every man all the ammo we have....

link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
Captain....circle the wagons.....give every man all the ammo we have....

LOL..its supposedly a MASSIVE "comet"..i dont think wagons and ammo will do it..I say we invite them in for tea.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

That is so cool. It you can wrap your mind around it being a craft, even the wings are uniform. Amazing. I'm not surprised this was the last image!

What will be the 'logical' thing this turns out to be, I wonder? Lens effect, zoom effect? That is a really awesome find.

S n' F

Cirque

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
By the way..I cannot take credit for this find at all..it is my wonderful, geeky, fiance who found it..

I have to run to the store..so i'll bbl to check if anyone has a good explanation for this..lol

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

That is so cool. It you can wrap your mind around it being a craft, even the wings are uniform. Amazing. I'm not surprised this was the last image!

What will be the 'logical' thing this turns out to be, I wonder? Lens effect, zoom effect? That is a really awesome find.

S n' F

Cirque

Yes..i know..thats why i wanted everyone to see it for themselves, but seeing how it looks before you darken it..it looks like a regular ol' comet, and then SURPRISE!
Id sure like to hear a reasonable explanation..actually no i wouldnt..i like thinking that this is what it is!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I think it is because the stars don't move like the comet. That pic is probably made up out of "open shutter" shots at different points in time, so the comet looks extended.

That's my guess.
edit on 18-8-2013 by NeoParadigm because: (no reason given)

Maybe but would a ball of ice have straight lines like this thing? It could be an anomaly it looks cool whatever it is. (i think it's the mothership!
)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join