It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer All I Want Your I.D. Your Papers Get Out of My County

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Well Haunt......We have disagreed many times, on many subjects.

This one we dont.

S&F

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
That little bastard in the video sounds like me when I talk.

Don't get me wrong I don't like authority figures but I certainly don't go out of my way to cause trouble.

I hate that video and I hate this thread.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

They absolutely were acting like "douche nozzles", yet, acting like jerks isn't illegal. It's freedom of expression. That's the 1st Amendment for ya. This is why people like the westboro baptist church, the neo nazis, and the kkk get to do what they do too.

Being provocative isn't illegal. And there is no need to ask for their ID because they were doing nothing illegal. That's the point of this.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
If you're wearing a prison uniform or something similar, then you better get ready to show some ID. Why? Because while the police aren't required to ask for your ID by law, if there's a chance that there's a criminal on the loose from their county or another, then it's best to take them in. If they don't want to cooperate then they should get detained for a while.

Don't get me wrong, I think that cops shouldn't keep harassing people but I think this was made simply as a anti-cop video. They don't tell you how many good cops were around, but they did clip parts that they wanted us to see. They are right, the police serve us, not the other way around but we still have to follow the law. In different counties, recording a police officer is highly illegal whether they like it or not and people do get fined and go to jail for recording a police officer where it's illegal.

Maybe there are 80% corrupt cops out there, maybe... But that doesn't mean that cutting and pasting a video together and make it as bias as possible to prove a point is any better.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I have to applaud that Officer from Effingham IL.

He seemed like a genuinely nice guy.. He probably got a call, went to check it out which is his job... Nothing was wrong.. Didn't really care that they were there.. Didn't ask for ID or try to write down their names....

Seems like he joined the police force for the right reasons... Wish we had more of that.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
These two clowns need to get a job and stop harassing the working cops. There are enough nutjobs out there for cops to deal with and you have these two useless schmucks trying to prove some point.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Wow. I cannot believe the reactions in these posts stating how these guys are fools and shouldn't be doing such things. Don't you get it? It doesn't matter if they are against everything you've ever believed in and are dressed like Lady Gaga while they walk down the street. Harassment is harassment plain and simple. Don't give up you're rights so dang easily.
Think of all the people that get harassed like this that DON'T have cameras and get forced out of town or sent to jails for walking down the highways. It happens all the time. I'm constantly sickened by the replies I see that fight for the fascism, pool all "criminals" into a "they got what's comin' to 'em" statement, and share the "Golly, if we just do what's right and what we're told, nothing bad will happen" mentality.

How did it get to this point?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gottaknow

If you put on a dry-suit and go swim in the ocean, will you be surprised if a shark bites you? No. You dress up like their favorite meal (seal) and you taunt them. They are basically the lions of the sea so why tempt them? This video showed us what they wanted us to see. A bunch of cops saying certain negative things at certain times. I think cops are pretty much useless these days since they don't have to protect people by law anymore, but I can't stand propaganda videos and this is why I'm in disagreement with them doing what they are doing. IF they protested legally as they should have, IF they didn't dress up like a seal around sharks, and IF they didn't cut around the video like they did then it wouldn't be as bad as it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join