It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Children of God Will Die’: MSNBC Host Says Only ‘Phony Christians’ Oppose ObamaCare

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wills120

You rock my friend,, I am soo offended by that post I want to scream !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, we the productive class in the nation have to shut up our mouths, give away what we have earned with hard work, because the working poor doesn't like when we protest as where our tax dollars are going.

What a joke, lo and behold I am just getting warmer now on the discussion.

It has nothing to do with Christian, god or jesus, they do not need my money, but the Welfare recipients do.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Hello! I have just joined this forum from Japan.

I would like to discuss on government's conspiracies.

Is it acceptable in this forum?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by wills120

You rock my friend,, I am soo offended by that post I want to scream !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, we the productive class in the nation have to shut up our mouths, give away what we have earned with hard work, because the working poor doesn't like when we protest as where our tax dollars are going.

What a joke, lo and behold I am just getting warmer now on the discussion.

It has nothing to do with Christian, god or jesus, they do not need my money, but the Welfare recipients do.

Thanks. The thing that bothers me is how people with these mentalities don't seem to be aware that they live in a country that gives them an incredible opportunity to succeed on there own. There is a reason that people from Central America, Asia, etc. flock here in droves and not the other way around.

I've been thinking about this entitlement attitude lately and one thing I've come to a conclusion on is this:

Being free isn't easy

It's not the easiest path being accountable for yourself and/or taking care of a family. It's not easy working your ass off to pay the bills. It's not easy going to school or bettering yourself. It's not easy doing the right or moral thing especially when many in society are doing the opposite (and succeeding at it).

It's so much easier to blame the system and others for what you don't have and take advantage of "free stuff" that our society misguidedly gives. The problem of course is that it leads to dependency and ultimately "chains."

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

So to you, Obamacare is the 'I" of those quotes? The Government is the person Jesus was talking about? I believe he is talking about People, individual people, not Governments. Being a Christian has nothing to do with the Government we have in the US. They are separate by law. Do you think the government is moral and just?

I understand that you are trying to equate not wanting Obamacare and illegal immigration down to a "WWJD" bracelet. I just don't think Jesus was talking about illegal immigrants, nor Government funded health care. The Bible is good for this type of logic though, it's all about interpretation isn't it?

V

edit on 8/21/2013 by Variable because: Me and commas, we just don't understand each other.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Denying a section of the population medical treatment due to the greed of a few, is unchristian.

i completely agree. it's immoral by anyone's standards, but why are you heaping guilt on those who have a better way?

have you ever considered that "the greed of a few" more aptly describes the people who charge massive sums of money in the first place than the people who are reluctant to pay (because there are better ways)?
edit on 22-8-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Variable

I would like to take the opportunity express my ideas about Jesus and his teachings and how they relate to our times. Coming from my perspective, I don't believe Jesus was God. I do believe he was a true historical figure, and therefore did something to get historians attention. I know he placed a lot of importance on "knowledge" and social issues. He was a carpenter and I think he saw the ability to work, the reward itself. There was so much illness, disabilities, poverty, mental illnesses, slavery, judicial injustices around him, you either have to grow mean to tolerate it or try to change hearts. I think that is where we are today and why his teaching apply but have been so distorted by religion. I know there are people who abuse the welfare system, but there are a lot more who have been whittled down to no choices. People who do not want to work and contribute, there is something wrong with them mentally. Jesus freely gave his healing abilities because they were freely given to him. The United States has the ability to make health care affordable for all its citizens. These are my personal feelings.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by defcon5

Denying a section of the population medical treatment due to the greed of a few, is unchristian.

i completely agree. it's immoral by anyone's standards, but why are you heaping guilt on those who have a better way?

have you ever considered that "the greed of a few" more aptly describes the people who charge massive sums of money in the first place than the people who are reluctant to pay (because there are better ways)?
edit on 22-8-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

Precisely. I have denied NO ONE medical treatment - I'm simply unwilling to pay for theirs, since I have my own family to look out for, times are tough, and I have limited resources. Charity begins at home, and all that. Even so, I have DENIED no one medical treatment, yet I get castigated for my "greed" in the matter, as if I own Wall Street or insurance corporations myself.

All I say is that I personally refuse to have any dealing with doctors or hospitals, and have not for over 30 years. WHY should I then be forced to pay fro a "service" or product I will never use? Somehow, in the liberal mindset, that equals out to being "greedy" I suppose. Imagine that - "greed" based upon a REFUSAL to consume! I always thought it was supposed to be the other way 'round.

This current effort to redefine words to mean other than what they really mean, simply in order to control a conversation, is troubling.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I know some people having financial problems because of this law. They were told they would have insurance coverage from the military, and then, after the separation, were told they couldn't have it. So now they have to pay $600 a month for family coverage, that they aren't legally allowed to NOT have. Considering the current state of the economy, people being forced to buy either more expensive insurance, or insurance they cannot afford, will end up placing all but the rich in total dependence on the government to even LIVE.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Right. I'll be one of those who expected Tricare Prime when I retire, but depending on my address I live...I'll have to settle for less and pay much more from my pockets to live. Even have plans on working for a company that hires from a subcontractor once I retire. They hire from the subcontractor to minimize costs, the sub company is part of the parent company...they also use the sub company as a 'probation' period. When they enforce these health care laws - that sub company might stop hiring workers as one of the main reason for the sub company will not exist.

The tricare thing is more of a DOD budget thing, but the 'getting stuck with mandatory' fines due to 'law' is total BS IMO.

True, the obamacare will help those in need, but the cost will be from those who don't need. Edit-afterwards, they will be those who need...
edit on 25-8-2013 by ChuckNasty because: edit as above with ... to emphasize a point.

edit on 25-8-2013 by ChuckNasty because: wards not words-ty auto correct.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Since Obama is okay with raising the debt ceiling, then why not make it all free?

Give people more money to stimulate the economy, and just give people the money for healthcare?

Why not?

Because this isn't about healthcare.

It's about control and power.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Well, we all know this clown hates the military! These people didn't retire, but still, they were told one thing, then it was changed. The way the military is treated, my oldest son discarded the idea of that for a career, or even for a short time.

reply to post by beezzer

Everything is about power for him! Always has been.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Part of my mandatory briefings to the new guys, I inform them how the military changes crap up. Tricare policies are one of them.

I tell them that this easy monies - even break down local pay scales into the members pay and responsibilities. Most 'few year' guys, with families, make more than a teacher but have way less responsibilities only after a few months of schooling. But I digress...

The obamacare crap is something we all can't figure out yet. Seems the real buttpain is yet to come. We are all going to be part of a sharp learning curve at our expense.

Go team Merica!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChuckNasty

Part of my mandatory briefings to the new guys, I inform them how the military changes crap up. Tricare policies are one of them.

I tell them that this easy monies - even break down local pay scales into the members pay and responsibilities. Most 'few year' guys, with families, make more than a teacher but have way less responsibilities only after a few months of schooling. But I digress...

The obamacare crap is something we all can't figure out yet. Seems the real buttpain is yet to come. We are all going to be part of a sharp learning curve at our expense.

Go team Merica!

The rule of thumb used to be, "If it isn't in writing, you don't have it.", but lately even that seems to not matter.

I know mine has more than 20 years in, and he certainly doesn't make as much as many teachers, based on salaries I can see online. Only the lowest two "average salaries" by state are lower than what we get. (link Military pay is seriously pathetic these days, for enlisted people. Even the average postal carrier, according to the USPS site, makes more. Something badly wrong there!

Tricare used to cover a lot more. When we started, eye care and dental care were covered for families, as well as military members. Clinton killed that. These days, even the care we do get isn't always up to standard. I can tell you this; the OB/GYN clinic at MacDill shut down, because when people had the option to go elsewhere, and still be covered, almost ALL took that option, to get decent care. Having two kids in a military hospital, and three not, I would bet you can guess which I thought was better! I KNOW how badly government-controlled health care can be, and I shudder to think what's in store if this law isn't overturned. I agree; there is surely much more that we don't know.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join