It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than 200 U.S. Fallujah Casualties Reported

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The news follows reports that more than 200 U.S. soldiers have been seriously hurt in the offensive and flown to Landstuhl Medical Center in Germany.

The Center is usually used to treat severely wounded troops, but there are no official casualty figures yet from the military about the battle for Fallujah.

Two planes carrying about 90 wounded Marines and soldiers were due in from Iraq today. Those are troops too seriously injured to be treated at U.S military hospitals in Iraq.

www.nbc10.com...
------------

Anyone doubt above news, and think it is a cake walk like Bush/Cheney said?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
We can always rest assured that zcheng will be here to look and let us know about any casualty reports and deaths that our country takes because when your passionate about it, it comes easy.

Two, since when did the Administration say that the offensive on Falluja would be a cake walk? Please show a link to this assumption.

By the way...These are casualties of war. Though sad these buys are doing there jobs.

I hope and Pray for the Recovery of each and every one of them.

I also hope and pray for the innocent citizens of Iraq that have to endure hardship because of a small percentage of Terrorists, and people that are for the oppression of others.

later,

Reason

[edit on 11-11-2004 by REASON]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by REASON
We can always rest assured that zcheng will be here to look and let us know about any casualty reports and deaths that our country takes because when your passionate about it, it comes easy.

Two, since when did the Administration say that the offensive on Falluja would be a cake walk? Please show a link to this assumption.

later,

Reason

Of course, you prefer not to know any "bad" news from Iraq.

Is not Fallujah part of Iraq? What's the assessment from Bush/Cheney before invading Iraq? Where are all the flowers and kisses expected?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
There were flowers and kisses......

There was much joy in Iraq when Saddam was overthrown.

Hey did your hear about the slaughter houses in Falluja that were found?

Did you hear about the Taxi driver chained to the wall for days left to die?

Did you know that most casualties in Iraq are taken by Iraqi citizens and new police officers and also new Iraqi army troops.

What you don't understand is that these people want to govern themselves and that is our goal also.

When you have terrorists blowing up police stations its not a good thing.

These terrorists don't want peace. They want the country to spiral into a civil war so that they can force out the US and then install these own type of oppresive government kind of like a few other large countries countries I can name.

I hope a quick recovery for our troops and troops of the Iraqi army so peace and democracy can prevail.

God bless the USA and all other peace loving people,

Later,

Reason

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The official US count for casualties for American soldiers is 18.

I think the real numbers are being suppressed in favor or keeping moral high, and keeping outrage in the US low.

Because reporters say that when they try to get the numbers from the US, it is difficult, and unclear.

For instance, on MSNBC, the reporter says it's difficult to get a clear answer on the wounded US soldiers.

But on MSNBC, they say the official number is:

18 US Soldiers dead.
5 Iraqi Soldiers dead.

They also say they "think" that over a 1000 "insurgents" have been killed.

Of course, the non-coalition media begs to differ, and I think it would be safe to assume the real numbers lie somewhere in between the two accounts.

[edit on 11-11-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Cstyle226,

is it your picture in the avatar?

Thanks,

Aelita

Viva Turkie

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Surely not all of these 1,000 insurgents were terrorists? How about some of them just being pissed off because their city is being destroyed?

And as for the "terrorists", how can you tell they just want to set up an oppressive government? Have you been into their minds? Are they all the same? Or are some of them just really, really tired of the US army being there?

And what happens if it turns out that 20 or 25 percent of the population are "insurgents"? Do you kill them all till you have a peaceful and docile Iraq?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Assuming the 18 dead figure is accurate, this yields a injured/dead ratio of over 11, which is unusually high. Something in the range of 3 to 6 is more typical, IIRC.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
Cstyle226,

is it your picture in the avatar?

Thanks,

Aelita

Viva Turkie

No it is not, but I am a Turk living in America, hoping to go live there soon.

Are you Turkish?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
Anyone doubt above news, and think it is a cake walk like Bush/Cheney said?

I do. When did Bush or Cheney (or anyone else for that matter) claim that this was going to be a cake walk? I must have missed that.

Then again, far be it for someone like you to do any research before making such claims.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Excerpt from:
Rewriting The Record
By E. J. Dionne Jr.
Friday, September 10, 2004; Page A29

Presciently, the report declared: "Long-term gratitude is unlikely and suspicion of U.S. motives will increase as the occupation continues. A force initially viewed as liberators can rapidly be relegated to the status of invaders should an unwelcome occupation continue for a prolonged time. Occupation problems may be especially acute if the United States must implement the bulk of the occupation itself rather than turn these duties over to a postwar international force."

But the administration seemed to think it was wiser than a bunch of smart military guys. On "Meet the Press" in March 2003, Cheney blithely dismissed Tim Russert when the host asked what would happen if "we're not treated as liberators but as conquerors." Would the American people be "prepared for a long, costly and bloody battle with significant American casualties?"

Not to worry, said Cheney: "I don't think it's likely to unfold that way, Tim, because I really do believe we will be greeted as liberators." Cheney dismissed Gen. Eric Shinseki's view of how many troops an occupation would require: "To suggest that we need several hundred thousand troops there after military operations cease, after the conflict ends, I don't think is accurate. I think that's an overstatement." Have we forgotten this, too?

Many also forget the context of Bush's famous "bring 'em on" line of July 2, 2003. It was in direct answer to a question about whether, in light of rising casualty rates, the administration might want to get "larger powers" to join the U.S. effort in Iraq. Bush said he wasn't worried. After the "bring 'em on" line, his next sentence was: "We've got the force necessary to deal with the security situation."

[edit on 11-11-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

"We walked right into a hornet's nest today," said a sergeant with the worn look of a survivor. Their names and units involved could not be released, in line with military rules that prevent such details until the wounded's next of kin have been notified. "They were probing us and fired six RPGs before we went for it. They lassoed us right in."

www.csmonitor.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Centcom is confirming 178 casualties and 18 coalition deaths but they may be holding back on releasing the actual figures.

Centcom
BAGHDAD, Iraq - As of 8 p.m., Baghdad time, Nov. 11, there have been 18 Multi-National Forces killed in Operation Al Fajr, as well as reports of five Iraqi Security Forces killed. One hundred and seventy eight Multi-National Forces and 34 Iraqi Security Forces have been wounded in action during the operation. All of those injured were evacuated to the appropriate medical facilities for treatment.

Due to operational security in order to prevent the anti-Iraqi forces and other terrorist elements from gaining useful battlefield intelligence, there could be delays in announcements of battlefield casualties.

top topics

join