It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream Warriors; What's your ability?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I've read countless threads pertaining to lucid dreaming, atral projection, reoccuring dreams and meanings of dreams. One thing that rarely gets brought up is reoccuring abilities in dreams.

Do you ever find youself in different settings with different people yet always seem to have the same skill or ability? Perhaps this skill/ability is one you also have in real life and perhaps not.

Maybe you always dream of being a super strong dude:

or perhaps a bad ass chick:

Maybe you find yourself with magical powers:

I am a Dream Warrior and I have a skill that carries on from dream to dream. Although I don't neccesarily have the same skill every time I enter the dream state, I do however, find myself with this gift in more dreams then I can count.

This ability doesn't help me fight evildooers (usually) and sadly it isn't the ability to fly either (don't get me started on the flying thing
). The only time I have ever flew in my dream I was required to stick Mario Bros. 2 Nintendo game between my legs and pull back on an invisible level to lift off and had to fly in an upright position like a witch with no broom......anyway, I digress.

My ability is break dance. Yeah you heard me correct, break dancing. It's not something I can do in RL although I can probably still do the 6 step.

So what does this mean? I haven't the clue, but it is a reoccuring thing that follows me through dreams. It is used to distract, impress, compete and attack and has saved me from uncomfortable situations time and again in my dreams.

So what about you ATS? Are there any Dream Warriors out there and if so, what's your ability?

edit on 18-8-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I guess I'll come back to this.

You guys think it over eh?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This thread is awesome. Well... I've been practicing lucid dreaming, but when I was a kid all the way through high school or so, all I had were lucid dreams. I didn't know it wasn't normal.

My dream abilities involve flight, most definitely, as well as time-space and reality manipulation. If there is a situation where things look grim, I actually blast it away.

Last night, it was astral travel. My friend Amber and I were in the dream together, and we were in a trailer, and I accessed an information network and was able to find a distant star system, and then I went into more detail, found a planet, and then a city, and then a location in the city (where there were flying cars between skyscrapers) and I had to get enough details of the location before making the jump.

When I made the jump, the trailer blinked away in a flash of light and then appeared there.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Oh, man. Lucid dreaming, astral projection...

Banishment. I don't scare easy, and don't tolerate certain interactions. But I'm always respectful, until I have to get angry and well... terrifying.

But hey, in our dreams, we are anything we can imagine ourselves to be. Go big.

Cirque

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This is a super cool thread, anyone else have lucid dreaming abilities? I think they can be developed. I know at least one other member on ATS who is looking into this and can use it for time travel, even somewhat accurately predicting future events (he predicted an earthquake in Australia, but was a bit off on the magnitude and casualties, he says it is hard to know exactly what is going to happen because of unpredictable changes in the timeline)

Lucid dreaming ability development is important, as a lot of people (ones I talk to and others) think that it is a great place to do legitimate astral and time travel.

link   

Originally posted by darkbake
My dream abilities involve flight, most definitely, as well as time-space and reality manipulation. If there is a situation where things look grim, I actually blast it away.

Time-space manipulation would be awesome. I have had occasions where something similar took place but because of the dramatic shift in the dream, it caused me to wake up. Anytime anything "abrupt" happens in my dream I tend to wake.

Additionally, because I have dreamed of break dancing so often, now when I do it works are a trigger allowing me to have a lucid dream to where I am in more control of what happens next in my dream. Sadly, because I haven't mastered this yet, that too causes abrupt things to happen which wakes me up.

I'm working on it though!

link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Banishment! Awesome! That describes what I was trying to in one word

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

So what the hell am I going to do with break dancing?
LOL!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Yeah, now that you mention it, it is totally one of those cases where I would wake up. Like if I die in a dream I immediately wake up, and a lot of these cases are ones where I would be suffering death...

So instead of waking up I just let this surge of energy slam everything around me and change the situation, instead of waking up. There is a definite moment though of things re-organizing, you know, like I have to be aware of what events in the dream changed in order to bring about the new reality in it.

It is kind of similar to navigating the information field I used for astral travel last night, it looks kind of like, a lot of lines of light connecting different ideas to one another, and you have to navigate through the ideas by their connections, and then you can bring up a scene or whatnot

and if I am manipulating the timeline, I would have to identify certain aspects or events in the scene and change them, anyway, it happens super fast.
edit on 18-8-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I have Sleep Apnea, so in my dreams, I find that I am able to breathe underwater, or in any situation in which I wouldn't normally be able to.

It stems from having an attack and in the dream, I begin to struggle breathing, usually in one of the above types of situations, and when the attack passes in the waking world, in the dream world, I'm miraculously able to breathe in a place that I shouldn't be able to.

I guess I'm kind of the 'Aquaman' of my dreams, though I'd rather be someone cooler..

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

Banishment. I don't scare easy, and don't tolerate certain interactions. But I'm always respectful, until I have to get angry and well... terrifying.

Cirque

Like Darkblade banishment for me would be too abrupt. Although that would be cool but honestly I actually enjoy "nightmares" (hope that ain't weird) and get a kick out of intense and frightening dream experiences. I always wake up like:
that was AWESOME!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosinitiate

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

Cirque

Like Darkblade banishment for me would be too abrupt. Although that would be cool but honestly I actually enjoy "nightmares" (hope that ain't weird) and get a kick out of intense and frightening dream experiences. I always wake up like:
that was AWESOME!

I derive considerable enjoyment from nightmares as well, but then again, I like to write Horror stories, go figure.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

So what the hell am I going to do with break dancing?
LOL!

You could develop break dancing into a fighting style, actually, and possibly merge it with elemental magic and such, also time manipulation, like dodging bullets (think The Matrix), jumping off walls, flight, super-charged punching, etc.

It could develop into an amazingly swift fighting style

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

I don't think we get to pick and chose our "ablities" in dreams, if so, I certainly wouldn't be dancing.

I can see how your health issues in RL can impact your dream state and it is very interesting to hear how it impacts your dream with such an ability.

When you find yourself in that situation does it also help you to enter a lucid dream state?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

reply to post by ProfessorChaos

I don't think we get to pick and chose our "ablities" in dreams, if so, I certainly wouldn't be dancing.

I can see how your health issues in RL can impact your dream state and it is very interesting to hear how it impacts your dream with such an ability.

When you find yourself in that situation does it also help you to enter a lucid dream state?

Yes, though it usually takes me a moment in the dream to bypass the initial panic and realize what was really going on.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I actually don't get to pick my abilities in lucid dreaming! As much as I would like to, and am actively working on it, I really don't! I think they might be linked subconsciously to things I think about and would like to do, but not consciously, like... I've been wanting to astral travel in lucid dreams forever and researching it and such...

But last night was the first time, and I certainly didn't pick it, it just came to me, and I never would have thought of the method I used ahead of time.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Like doing the windmill and shooting tornadoes out my feet! Sweet!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Yes!! If something like that ends up happening try to update the thread!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I wouldn't be harming anyone in the astral. More find the ones dualing and then like Mother blowing the whistle, take them all by the ears and tell them they need big time outs, for the only way home is peace and love. So make up and gain understanding, and yes I mean even dealing with 200 feet dracos. That is what I'd be doing. Thats my ability.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

By the way, once all of that panic has passed, it's an incredible experience to be deep under the ocean and breathing. Just thought I'd add that, because I tend to go exploring once I've gotten a grip of the situation.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join