It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detaining my partner: a failed attempt at intimidation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by xDeadcowx

I sometimes wish these escalations would speed up and TPTB would just show their hand. This slow con crap is getting really old. Does anybody not see where this is heading?

DC

I really like your comment, but just what part of "show their hand" do they need to do really? At this point, the Gestapo / NAZI tactics are so overt the next thing will be rounding people up and putting them on trains or shooting them in the fields!

I had a very large radio show in the mid 90's before the station was bought out by one of the big boys. I told N. Florida that when they signed the Patriot Act it would be used against those who speak out against the government. I read the very plans of it all to them from the CFR back when Kennedy was President and he signed the 3 part treaty with the U.N. for the slow growth of power for the U.N. to ultimately take over every nations sovereignty and take way individual rights to own firearms. Few listened, and many just ridiculed.

Well it's nearly 20 years later and we are seeing the massive build up of a police military to check our papers, harass our citizens, beat us in public, kill us for calling them a "bitch", etc.. The economy is being help up by smoke and mirror Fed. Reserve tactics so as long as people think they have a job and money they are not going to do squat.
edit on 19-8-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Thats really smart, piss off the one guy, who has all the information on the NSA. LOL I mean come on, is this really how low the US government has to go to get things done there way now. Greenwald and all known people related must be, being surveilled extensively. How else would they know to search his partner. I guess they thought he might of been holding something up his tailpipe, like a laptop. Idiots

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Slowly "they" are showing their hand. Sadly, everyone is just going to sigh in relief that it wasn't them this time and bury their heads back in the sand. Anyone with half a brain who can think for himself saw all of this coming with the Patriot Act and even before that the signs were everywhere. Heck, this is exactly why the U.S. Constitution was written the way it was- to prevent government abuse of power- but where there's a will there's a way around it.

Personally, I'm getting tired of all this. It's time to do something. What, I don't know. I am totally open to suggestions.

(Yes, I hope you are reading this.)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by rayuki

We dont have Miranda rights in the U.K im afraid.

Actualy we do. Its just not called that.

The police on arrest have to state ones rights.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

This story has really got under my skin, so just to clarify, if you tell the truth about the U.S. government then not only will they harass you, but they will get other countries to harass your family and friends also?

Does anyone else think the U.S. is behaving like a spoiled brat?

Well, by the sounds of it they were trying to get more information about what else is going to be released next. Maybe it's also a sign that they don't know exactly what information was taken. Either way, I find this to be a disturbing story which highlights our so called "rights".

www.theguardian.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-8-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)
I agree this is despicable but to be fair, it was the UK that stopped him, wasn't it? They have a vested interest in this too. The UK is a bit of a spoiled brat also.
edit on 8/19/2013 by fenson76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

No, they are not like a spoiled brat, they are behaving like a terrorist.

The US and UK are becoming the world worst terrorists.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
Thats really smart, piss off the one guy, who has all the information on the NSA. LOL I mean come on, is this really how low the US government has to go to get things done there way now. Greenwald and all known people related must be, being surveilled extensively. How else would they know to search his partner. I guess they thought he might of been holding something up his tailpipe, like a laptop. Idiots

It's a calculated risk. If you go by HBGary's assessment of Greenwald he'll crack if you apply pressure to him in the form of either threatening to destroy his career or threatening his family. I'm sure the NSA has a much more indepth profile on Greenwald given all the electronic information they can collect.

They have little to lose by doing this too since Greenwald is releasing information already anyways.
edit on 19-8-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
So they're using terrorist laws, to go after intimidation of journalists. And planning on trying to terrify anyone who would even dare to whistleblow. I hope all the journalists and media and public stand up and send them a good sharp metaphoric kick in the nards.

He's (Greenwald's) already promised, as a result, to print much more and get way more aggressive, in response to this attempt to intimidate the press, so the only thing they accomplished with this tactic, is blowback. Serves them right!

It's looking more and more like Snowden's a true patriot who definitely did the right thing.

edit on 19-8-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
...So where are all those clowns that keep telling us the U.K. isnt a police state?

Sure looks that way to me.

America you are not far behind either.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Mind-blowing article !

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Others have made this insight but it can't be overstated. Its not "the USA and UK" Its world players using the USA and UK like pawns. Call "them" Illuminati or whatever but people who really run sh*t on a global stage don't have an allegiance one way or another.

You could say the USA and UK are definitely the most useful countries to control.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
David Miranda: 'They said I would be put in jail if I didn't co-operate'

Miranda said the authorities in the UK had pandered to the US in trying to intimidate him and force him to reveal the passwords to his computer and mobile phone.

"They were threatening me all the time and saying I would be put in jail if I didn't co-operate," said Miranda. "They treated me like I was a criminal or someone about to attack the UK … It was exhausting and frustrating, but I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong."

"I was in a different country with different laws, in a room with seven agents coming and going who kept asking me questions. I thought anything could happen. I thought I might be detained for a very long time," he said.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Maybe you need some geography lessons, since when is Heathrow in the US?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

This is a trailer for The Return of Nazi Germany.

Get your popcorn ready westerners. This time we've got a front-row seat.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAnarchist

I will buy that line when i see people being lined up and shot in the street, shuffled into concentration camps, tortured and burned.

Until then i think you are way over stating things here.

Let's face it, they made themselves targets by doing what they are. Do i approve of it? Of course not.
Do i think it's the first sign of a return to Nazi Germany? No #ing way.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This seems to be a common trend lately. Too many people are being called out by the government for said treasonous acts when all it is, is speaking about the truth. Next, the whole staff at the Blaze will get detained and citizens are just going to sit there and watch.

Right now the government seems to just be setting itself up and patching up every hole they can find. Take for instance the NDAA, citizens don't need to really commit too big of anything, they just need to be suspected of something. To expand this even further, they could make viewing and/or uploading copyrighted material like a fan-video a federal crime. With PRISM they could in theory detain just about anyone that uses YouTube. I'm not saying they will but these are the kind of things that they are doing to cover loose ends.

I think the big act of tyranny is going to kickoff around 2016 or so. It's already pretty bad but to have absolute control, they just need a few more years.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
RT video: Govts threats to journos 'signalling rise of fascism' - WikiLeaks

Detaining and threatening Greenwald's partner Miranda and the (hardly) veiled assassination threat against Julian Assange - all within hours or days - are just the latest two signs that the U.S. government is in panic mode. The gloves and masks are finally coming off.

TIME reporter 'can't wait' to justify drone strike on Julian Assange

Probably a good time to take another look at this:

And let us not forget Michael Hastings:

Rolling Stone To Publish Michael Hastings' Profile Of CIA Director John Brennan

Should be happening any day now. Hasting's wife Elise Jordan said two weeks ago in an interview with Piers Morgan:

"There will be published his profile of John Brennan in an upcoming issue of Rolling Stone, uhm, probably in a couple of weeks"
edit on 20-8-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join