It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New American War??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm not sure this is the proper board, so you can move this if you want.
There is an opinion piece on the CBS new site, written by a Mr. Continetti, that claims that America's political division is comparable to the one just before the First Civil War and this time indicates an Second Civil War.

I think Mr. Continetti is a nuke on(or is that New Con) Republican who, engaging in a little issue propaganda, is trying to deflect public scrutiny from the G. Brish Administration's feeble attempts to clean up the Admin's self inflicted catastrophe. We are probably being double teamed by conscious propaganda and subliminal excuses and/or justification through the media

I do believe that the media would like to see an issue raised as hotly divisive as the election campaign; but one that would preserve the sainthood of G. Brish. I just posted this to make the really intelligent aware of their intent and keep your attention focused on the reality of this post election governmen

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
do you have a link to this opinion peice?
id like to see it.

honestly though i dont think anyone in america is willing to fight over this stuff.
i would think if the country is going to split it would do so peacfully
both sides really dont care for the other though.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I�ve always suspected that the abortion issue could become this generation�s slavery issue. Only reversed. I could imagine certain states trying to cede from the union due to immoral abortion being forced on them from the federal level. All it would take is one state to try it and other states would use other reasons to cede.

If the dollar collapses this means gigantic debts, perhaps that will be the straw that breaks the camel�s back.

It might be best that we break into 4-5 major regions and re-form in a hundred years or so like the E.U. is attempting.

Oh, and look to Hawaii to be the first�they hold votes to cede from time to time in any case.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2ts2
I just posted this to make the really intelligent aware of their intent and keep your attention focused on the reality of this post election governmen

Uh, well, would you wake us dummies when it's all over?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I wanted to see this so I went and got the link

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   

sure thing you can sit on your arse all you want, the things most important are usually ignored by our officials to shift concern, which in turn sways the descision to a constructive but not always proper policy. who benefits from the worlds turmoil? thats right the one in power of the pills and guns, god bless america!

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84

sure thing you can sit on your arse all you want, the things most important are usually ignored by our officials to shift concern, which in turn sways the descision to a constructive but not always proper policy. who benefits from the worlds turmoil? thats right the one in power of the pills and guns, god bless america!

I didn't say what I did because I was unconcerned; I said it because the author didn't tell us how to determine who among us was "really intelligent ".

Would you promise to give me a lesson on spelling, grammar, and punctuation when you're done, too?
Please?

[edit on 13-11-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
grammer proper make. not, intelegent you!

new topics

top topics

join