It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Know Your Bible

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rex282
reply to post by Deetermined

you search the scriptures; for in them you think you have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.[Yahoshua].And you will not come to me, that you might have life.

That is a direct address to the pharisee and the religious of all ages that worships words and the doctrines of men not the creator God.In Matthew 5 Yahoshua said you have heard it said to those of the old but "I" say to you".The new covenant is the Law of the spirit.The spirit is the only teacher. not the letter of ther law that kills.

Once again, you don't understand scripture enough to know that "the letter of the Law" was about the Mosaic laws and that Christians don't worship scripture. They worship God/Jesus and use the scripture to know what he spoke of.

Yahoshua never searched the scriptures he already knew them.He was not guided by them he only did what the father said.He never tells anyone to study the scriptures to know God he always shows they testify of him for those to blind to see the Truth.The testimony of Yahoshua IS the spirit of prophecy.

How would you know what prophecy is if you don't know what was prophesied?

Believing the scriptures does not save anyone.None of those scriptures you quoted say that.They all testify of Yahoshua and his fulfillment of what the scriptures say.Yahoshua is the savior of ALL mankind.Yahoshua is the Living word of God.

No one said that believing scripture alone was the path to salvation.

Music theory is not bad and evil.Neither are the scriptures.It is impossible to hear music naturally with my nose in a theory book.I did not learn the guidelines to music from it I became aware of them because they were already there.Now that I "know" music even when I learn something new it is not a book thing.It is a hearing thing.My experience with God is a parallel.

It does require a personal relationship with God.

I know the book(which you very mistakenly and foolishly believe I don't) but immensely more important I know God.It is all a process and ever evolving just like hearing music.I don't study music books to hear more music I listen.Same with God.Everyone has to go through their process however it all comes down to listening and hearing not studying.

Everyone has to go through their process, but some people are able to listen and hear while reading the scripture. Obviously, that doesn't work for you and it's clear that you may not understand what's written in it since you've mentioned in other threads that you believe in neither heaven or hell.

Just as I am positive about music being ALL about listening and hearing so is knowing God can only end up by hearing.It comes through faith HOWEVER that is not the end game.Faith is not knowing.Yahoshua never said he believed in God the father.He always said he knew the father and the father knew him....that is communion...knowing.

I'm glad to hear you mention FAITH, since in the past you've made it sound like it takes absolutely no effort on any man's part because there is no free will and God calls all the shots. Seriously, most of your posts have always made it sound like faith didn't matter one way or the other.

“This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel [all mankind] after that time,” declares the Lord.“I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts.I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’because they will ALL know me"

If you knew the Bible, you would know that this happens during the Millennial period and that NOT everyone will be living during it. Remember where it says that some will NOT be resurrected or judged until after the thousand years are over? What happens to them?

Are the scriptures evil..God forbid...can they save anyone or make them better .. no.Yahoshua is the Living word of God.The scriptures testify of the Truth THEY are not the truth themselves.If they were would there be multiple thousand of translations and billions of conflicting interpretations.Believing the bible is the word of God is a religious extrapolation.It is exploitative at it's core.To lord it over others and manipulate them through fear of "their" God.History has proven what it does.Spew blasphemous doctrines of men like the eternal punishment of hell.

I still haven't quite figured out what your hang up with the Bible is. No one said that reading scripture is a path to salvation. It is a tool, just like praying and listening to God, but I'm seriously questioning whether or not you believe in prayer either.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

right...and they really do a good job of wiping the cup after....to make sure no blood is waisted...

and rex.....read the book more....please

edit on 21-8-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I worry because they are winning. Now it is all a wish wash of faithless humanism and liberalism

Uh, I thought the caththolic church was conservative? Sure the last pope spoke about the evils of cutthroat capitalism and war, but overall they are still as conservative as ever.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

you search the scriptures; for in them you think you have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.[Yahoshua].And you will not come to me, that you might have life.

That is a direct address to the pharisee and the religious of all ages that worships words and the doctrines of men not the creator God.In Matthew 5 Yahoshua said you have heard it said to those of the old but "I" say to you".The new covenant is the Law of the spirit.The spirit is the only teacher. not the letter of ther law that kills.

Once again, you don't understand scripture enough to know that "the letter of the Law" was about the Mosaic laws and that Christians don't worship scripture. They worship God/Jesus and use the scripture to know what he spoke of.

Please answer these 3 simple questions yes or no.

Do you believe the bible is the word of God?.Do you believe Jesus is the word of God? Do you worship God and or Jesus?............

edit on 22-8-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Yahoshua never searched the scriptures he already knew them.He was not guided by them he only did what the father said.He never tells anyone to study the scriptures to know God he always shows they testify of him for those to blind to see the Truth.The testimony of Yahoshua IS the spirit of prophecy.

How would you know what prophecy is if you don't know what was prophesied?

The scriptures testify ...they are a witness of Yahoshua to those that CAN'T hear yet.You are not understanding prophecy at all.It is not predictions of future historical events.It is ....what was, Is and will BE.Yahoshua was crucified BEFORE the foundation of the physical universe(space /time).In other words the crucifixions power is not physical.The physical was the shadow of what happened in the spiritual realm that does not exist inside the space time continuum."The testimony of Yahoshua(God IS salvation..for ALL) IS the spirit of prophecy.

First comes the testimony then faith comes through hearing THEN THE hearing comes by the LIVING word of God... Yahoshua.The scriptures are for a testimony for those that believe through faith..not knowing.That is what Paul meant when he said .

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

Paul still didn't know then but he did later.He knew God face to face he didn't have to believe.John said "For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments(not the law or ten commandments); and His commandments are not burdensome.
...you KNOW.No testifying necessary... no faith necessary..it is ALL knowing.. being ..being in a state of being of the fruits of spirit.

You have everything backwards.
edit on 22-8-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

The scriptures testify ...they are a witness of Yahoshua to those that CAN'T hear yet.You are not understanding prophecy at all.It is not predictions of future historical events.It is ....what was, Is and will BE.Yahoshua was crucified BEFORE the foundation of the physical universe(space /time).In other words the crucifixions power is not physical.The physical was the shadow of what happened in the spiritual realm that does not exist inside the space time continuum."The testimony of Yahoshua(God IS salvation..for ALL) IS the spirit of prophecy.

What? Can you elaborate?

Simple question for you. Do you believe in prayer?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Rex282

What? Can you elaborate?

Simple question for you. Do you believe in prayer?

Yes I can..when you answer my 3 simple questions.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

Do you believe the bible is the word of God?.Do you believe Jesus is the word of God? Do you worship God and or Jesus?............

I believe the Bible was inspired by God. I believe that Jesus is the Word of God. I believe the Word was made flesh and walked among us, just like the Bible says. I believe that Jesus is God's voice. I believe that Jesus was Jehovah in the Old Testament. I believe that Jesus was the "angel of the Lord" who spoke on God's behalf in the Old Testament. Yes, I worship God/Jesus. They are one and the same.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I didn't ask that I asked

Please answer these 3 "simple" questions yes or no.

Do you believe the bible is the word of God? yes or no(you gave no answer)

.Do you believe Jesus is the word of God? yes or no ((Yes)

Do you worship God and or Jesus? yes or no(Yes)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

Are those supposed to be trick questions? I already told you what I believe. I already told you that I worship God/Jesus, not the Bible. What I want to know from you is why you believe that Jesus' crucifixion was some kind of spiritual event and not a physical one in order for God to reconcile flesh with His Spirit.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Rex282

Are those supposed to be trick questions? I already told you what I believe. I already told you that I worship God/Jesus, not the Bible. What I want to know from you is why you believe that Jesus' crucifixion was some kind of spiritual event and not a physical one in order for God to reconcile flesh with His Spirit.

They aren't trick questions they are simple questions.Unlike you I have no ulterior motives for asking questions.If you can't answer simple ones which only require a yes or no why should I answer any question you have.

I stated what I said clearly yet you twisted it into something else.I am not at your beck and call to have you question and then me answer what I write.I asked you 3 simple questions however you can't answer all 3 simple questions with clarity so I won't be answering your question .My suggestion is read what I wrote instead of what you believe I wrote ...they are 2 different things.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

I asked you 3 simple questions however you can't answer all 3 simple questions with clarity so I won't be answering your question

I did answer your questions with clarity. I didn't answer them with "yes" or "no" because those answers provide absolutely no clarity at all. So, I can only assume that you don't UNDERSTAND my answers.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
what about the vedas? judaism has it's roots in vedic teachings, and hebrew language is very similar to sanskrit..

The Vedas (Sanskrit वेदाः véda, "knowledge") are a large body of texts originating in ancient India. Composed in Vedic Sanskrit, the texts constitute the oldest layer of Sanskrit literature and the oldest scriptures of Hinduism. The Vedas are apauruṣeya ("not of human agency").They are supposed to have been directly revealed, and thus are called śruti ("what is heard"), distinguishing them from other religious texts, which are called smṛti ("what is remembered").

wikiwiki

definitions of God are very similar in judaic and vedic philosopy.. according to the monotheistic and panentheistic theologies of hinduism, God (the supreme being) is, in the highest sense, One: beyond form, infinite, and eternal. God is changeless and is the very source of consciousness.. God is beyond time, space, and causation and yet permeates everything and every being.. God is beyond gender.. when God is thought of as this infinite principle, God is called "Brahman", Brahman is the indescribable, omnipresent, original, inexhaustible, omniscient, first, eternal and absolute principle - the Supreme Cosmic Spirit - who is without a beginning, without an end, who is hidden in all and who is the source, cause, material and effect of all creation known, unknown and yet to happen in the entire universe.. Brahman is the Absolute Truth: it is pure existence, consciousness and knowledge.. according to the hindu philosophical school of advaita vedanta, nothing in the universe truly exists except Brahman..

in judaism, many of the exact same ideas are invoked in the daily prayer service: God is One, without form, without beginning or end, beyond time and space, the source of life and consciousness, indescribable, inexhaustible, omniscient, omnipresent, original, first, eternal and absolute principle—the ultimate transcendant reality, who is hidden in all and who is the cause, source, material and effect of all creation known, unknown and yet to happen in the entire universe. the Creator is described as: incomparable, without equal, unbounded by time, One but not in the sense of counting, preceding everything, and knowing of all secrets.

the idea of God's permeation of every aspect of life is summed up in both religious traditions with a similar saying or mantra: in sanskrit, "tat twam asi" means "and that, too" - with the idea of mentally acknowledging every thought and event as being part of God.. the corollary in judaism is a saying attributed to rabbi ish gam zu: (gam zu la tov) - "and that, too, is for the good"..

some threads of vedantic thought posit many "sub-forms" of God, giving them names and powers, with whole cults arising around these various personalities, whereas judaism rigidly avoids this, and doesn't indulge in any of these subdivisions.. another difference is the jewish importance attached to the "names" used to describe the Creator, with levels of sanctity attributed to these names, including a name that cannot be pronounced - that was only pronounced in ancient times by the kohen gadol (high priest) on yom kippur, the day of atonement.. modern jews use a variety of euphemisms for God, one example is HaShem, or "The Name"..

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join