It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada testing $620,000 stealth snowmobile for Arctic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The Canadian military has been secretly test-driving a $620,000 stealth snowmobile in its quest to quietly whisk troops on clandestine operations in the Arctic. The Canadian Press has learned that soldiers have taken the new hybrid-electric snowmobile prototype on trial runs to evaluate features such as speed, noise level, battery endurance and acceleration. The Department of National Defence even has a nickname for its cutting-edge, covert tool: "Loki," after the "mythological Norse shape-shifting god." Word of the federal hunt for a stealth snowmobile first surfaced two years ago when National Defence's research and development agency posted a public tender.

www.cbc.ca...

Sounds cool (no pun intended) but wowzers on that price tag! 600 grand? I'll search for a picture,
600 grand tho?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
you wont be able to find a picture, its stealthy.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Loki was also a trickster God who became more and more evil... anyway.. thats a lot a loonies for a sled eh? Take off eh? Hoser.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I wonder what they need those for? I mean how many terrorists or criminals do you think are crawling around the arctic? Not much out there but Inuits and wildlife. Makes me wonder if they have plans to either intern and relocate, or round up American citizens heading for the Yukon and other Arctic wilderness areas to escape the same in the US. I just haven't seen much of a reason for a stealth snowmobile in Canada or the US for that matter. A stealth helicopter would be faster, more mobile and agile and carry armaments to keep people where they are while the troops move in.

edit on 18/8/13 by spirit_horse because: typo

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
That is for when the ice age comes and they can keep us all in line. Actually we are supposed to get a very early blast of cold come the end of September...summer was short as it is this year.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Interesting. Well no matter how they can make it blend in, they would need a couple of automated curling brooms to hide their tracks, I'm thinking. How they could ever hide the noise though is beyond me. Electric motors in the Arctic winter?
Was someone imbibing in joy juice when they dreamed up that scheme?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Funniest thing I have read in quite a while

Reminds me of the G.I. Joe cartoons.
Who knows? Maybe Cobra Commander is threatening to melt the ice caps again

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
What happens when the battery freezes in the middle of the Arctic? I hope they have analysed all the possibilities with that. I guess I'm just saying at that big of a price tag, it better have a gas motor as a backup, just in case.

EDIT: I agree that it is a huge waste of resources that could be better spent in other places. What a waste.
edit on 8/18/2013 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
And who is going to be invading northern Canada exactly? Waste of tax dollars.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Perhaps they have found new fish species with radar, carries bomb with mean intent cruising around North Pole.

Another waste of money on project like (CF-105 Arrow).

top topics

join