It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So after a zombie apocalypse how would you actually go about feeding yourself???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by spartacus699

Not to beat about the bush, but what sort of Zombie infection are we talking about in the first place? If it isn't flesh born, then there is potentially loads of food about with every zombie body.........

You would eat rotting human zombie flesh?
If this type of scenario happened, any cannibal I came across would be shot on the spot, unless they get me first.
I would starve before eating another human.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

Maybe if i was hungry enough. And, frankly, anyone that just out of hand refuses to consider it has never once in their life been in a position where they were truly starving.

But, to be honest, it depends what seasonings i had with with me at the time.......

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
You don't have time to be on your knees when there's a zombie apocalypse - You aint in my gang pal sorry.

No need to pray all the time.

Imagine playing a shoot-em-up video game against zombies where the zombies start at the same spawn points everytime you start a new game.

After a while its easy to survive isn't it ?

Well, YHWH knows where every single zombie will be located at every single second of each day. Hence there is absolutely nothing to fear when the Spirit of Christ stands by one of His followers.

Now, without YHWH's guidence, its going to be hit-n-miss 24/7 and we all know zombies don't sleep.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
There will be plenty of food around during a Zombie Apoc, not too many people going to survive, means more food for me. Your main thing is to setup a secure base to house animals and farming.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

What foods stay eatable the longest???

Well, they have to be packed right, (in mylar bags in airtight containers with oxygen absorbers), but if so, dried beans, rice, dry corn, dry pasta, mashed potato flakes, etc. can keep for over 15 years. Home-canned foods (mason jars) can last for 5-10 years or more too (really, even longer, but this is the recommended range)

And how long do canned goods last???

1-3 years is the recommended range, but 3-5 is more realistic. Taste will change some, but still be edible after a year or more.

So after a zombie apocalypse how would you actually go about feeding yourself and lets say if you didn't have a gun?

Tons of food all around you. I don't get how these survival reality show folks starve. Even if I did nothing else, I could eat the snakes, frogs, and insects around me forever. A more palatable option though, is simply to grow your own food.

Well, YHWH knows where every single zombie will be located at every single second of each day. Hence there is absolutely nothing to fear when the Spirit of Christ stands by one of His followers.

I'm thinking that if HE sent the zombies here, then HE probably isn't going to bother telling me where they are, or lending me a hand in the process. (except maybe to help the zombies). He doesn't have a great track record when it comes to compassion post-sending down the plagues...you know?

edit on 19-8-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Don't waste your time, OP is obviously not interested in answers to his random questions.

The point was zombies.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
If I actually survived the apocalypse I would probably eat Pancakes
Then More Pancakes

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I would rely on my food storage for about 6-9 months, while my garden was still in progress of producing. Id also be in the process of gathering meats and drying the meat.

Canned foods last a long time, I think id rather do my own canning, and pick what foods to keep.

Rice, will keep for a very long time, as long as you keep it stored very well. Dont use plastic bottles for long period storage, plastics will leach toxins after a while.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Gosh one thing you are going to need is how to know the difference between what knowledge is good and what is bad....

Clearly my post on the 5 essentials for survival putting shelter and Water over food as the priority has fallen on death ears...

Oh well... all the more sustenance for me then if the fateful day should come.....

Korg.

edit on 19-8-2013 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

I suppose you have never really starved before in your life! As some other members already pointed out, the human mind & body is capable of many horrible things, especially when confronted with lack of food and water. Even YOU will eventually consider the option of eating another human being if its the only way to survive, there are no immoral or unethical decisions when trying to survive.
edit on 19-8-2013 by Clairaudience because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

There have been a few cases of cannibalism during starving periods (the Donner party comes to mind) but they are the exception, there have been A LOT more cases of people refusing to bend their ethics or morals and eat a fallen comrade during a survival situation.
So you do what your conscience allows and Ill do what mine allows, I just hope were never in the same group in a scenario like this because if I caught another person eating someone, I would kill them myself.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoParadigm

Don't waste your time, OP is obviously not interested in answers to his random questions.

The point was zombies

The questions were good though, even if not in earnest...

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Not to beat about the bush, but what sort of Zombie infection are we talking about in the first place? If it isn't flesh born, then there is potentially loads of food about with every zombie body.........

a zombie is a human you freak. Who's gonna eat that. I'd rather eat sheat!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

You are already talking it, so why not.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I guess what I find most interesting is how people have the desire to herd and not be alone so much that they'd want to stick around and fight off zombies... brother if a zombie out break hit and I couldn't make it to a desert island to live in peace away from daily turmoil I'm swan diving off a building. Life is enough as a struggle as it is, now let me add zombies to fend off on a daily basis... yeah no thanks, I'd rather not put off my inevitable death in that case and help it arrive sooner... so that being said before I swan dived, since a lot of people wanna eat some humans for food, feel free to pop a cap in my ass and feast away, you'd be doing me a favor.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hades...
depends on what caused if anything the infection process. If plant and animal is contaminated like DreamCatcher, then may the LORD guide our steps...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

If plant and animal is contaminated like DreamCatcher, then may the LORD guide our steps...

If THAT is the scenario, then the only thing to eat is a bullet....

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well, us Masons have a lifetime supply of beer and babies to keep us alive, so we'll be just fine!

Add in my hunting, fishing and garden, I'm set!

Bring on the zombies!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

Are you saying Masons would be getting drunk and eating babies? I think there's something worse to be looking out for than zombies then.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This thread will be discussed tonight at 10pm Est tonight on Reality Remix.

Join ATS Members SheepSlayer247, Adjensen, NoRegretsEver, Druid42 & Beezer for two hours of their take on threads past and present right here on ATS!

Reality Remix

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join