It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So after a zombie apocalypse how would you actually go about feeding yourself???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
What foods stay eatable the longest???

And how long do canned goods last???

So after a zombie apocalypse how would you actually go about feeding yourself and lets say if you didn't have a gun?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

You don't need a gun when you have a mind with detailed booby traps stored in its memory banks, hehe.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Well, if you preserved your Zombies correctly they should last for quite some time depending on the body count. Also, if you canned the meat it would last damn near indefinitely.

Other than that Twigs and Berries are your friend.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
head near to the sea and setup a base there...plenty of fishing, wood being washed up on the shore plus whats around you, can probably include sea bird eggs

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I would probably eat other survivors, but before going down that road I would check if Zombie meat is edible. Of course it would be contaminated with the virus, but if you cook the meat properly there shouldn't be any reason why not to eat it. Atleast both of those options work in the short-term.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

Youd go that route huh? Youre exactly the type of person that would be the reason for distrust instead of banding together, in any type of apocalyptic scenario.
Like the other guy said, head to a lake or to the coast, find or build a net, its way more efficient than a fishing pole.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clairaudience
I would probably eat other survivors, but before going down that road I would check if Zombie meat is edible. Of course it would be contaminated with the virus, but if you cook the meat properly there shouldn't be any reason why not to eat it. Atleast both of those options work in the short-term.

If you eat dat meat you'll press cntr alt del

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'd probably go down the zombie route

...in that event, I'd be eating YOU

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Have faith in Jesus Christ and the Spirit of Christ will guide the followers to certain places at certain times when the food store is free of zombies.

It also goes by the name gut feeling, sixth sense and natural instinct.

This happens everyday where the Spirit of Christ just so happens to make His followers leave their homes slightly earlier than normal whereby they avoid a serious road accident; for example.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I have been making a list of all the locations featured on Doomsday Preppers. Gonna sit in the woods with a high powered cross bow and wait for one of them Preppers to make a stupid mistake. I am then gonna shoot him, steal his food and repopulate the world with his daughters........

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
Have faith in Jesus Christ and the Spirit of Christ will guide the followers to certain places at certain times when the food store is free of zombies.

It also goes by the name gut feeling, sixth sense and natural instinct.

This happens everyday where the Spirit of Christ just so happens to make His followers leave their homes slightly earlier than normal whereby they avoid a serious road accident; for example.

wtf..

You don't have time to be on your knees when there's a zombie apocalypse - You aint in my gang pal sorry.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
I have been making a list of all the locations featured on Doomsday Preppers. Gonna sit in the woods with a high powered cross bow and wait for one of them Preppers to make a stupid mistake. I am then gonna shoot him, steal his food and repopulate the world with his daughters........

That sounds way too planned

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
CAN O BEANS!

FRANK N BEANZ

Durrrh

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Generally canned food lasts for quite a decent amount of time. 10, 20 maybe 30+ years if the cans are stored properly. Mostly comes down if the can is well preserved and not rusted or damaged in any way.
Anything else not sealed in that way probably won't last long, months to a year maybe for any thing else, anything that is meant to be frozen or chilled, obviously not long at all.

But there is always birds and fish and other wild animals, if you can get to where you'd find them.
For any country with accessible guns, I don't think you'd have a hard time finding one after a short while, so if you were to go after deer with guns, I don't think you'd have much trouble, though better save the ammo for the zombies (or people...)
edit on 18-8-2013 by eniar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Broiled zombie with a tangy bearnaise sauce served with a side of steamed asparagus and a glass of pinot noir to wash it down.

With enough Sweet Baby Rays everything tastes good.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Learn to grow edible mushrooms.
They can grow over night and will keep you alive during the day.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan
reply to post by Clairaudience

Youd go that route huh? Youre exactly the type of person that would be the reason for distrust instead of banding together, in any type of apocalyptic scenario.
Like the other guy said, head to a lake or to the coast, find or build a net, its way more efficient than a fishing pole.

You would be very surprised at what you would do when it came down to survival. We have several actual test cases through out history. They did not involve zombies but in every case when faced with starvation the survivors ate the dead to stay alive.

Now would I eat zombie, once the hunger of starvation took over probably, but not when I was still in my right mind lol.

I don't think I could cook it enough for my mind to accept it was safe, lol.

The Bot

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Live off the land or starve. I guess it's just that simple.
I'm a lousy hunter/farmer. So I'd starve.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Make mine Magic and i won't care what kind of apocalypse is going on...

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699
What foods stay eatable the longest???

And how long do canned goods last???

So after a zombie apocalypse how would you actually go about feeding yourself and lets say if you didn't have a gun?

There are so many things to eat just laying around you. I can look out my back window and see enough food to last my family a couple of months and that's just looking at the pine and birch trees.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join