It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Survival Concept for everyone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sine.nomine

Of course personal plans must be a priority.

However, take my 90 year old dad . . . he believes we are in the END TIMES.

He believes that all politicos are corrupt.

He doesn't believe how far the globalist traitors have gone.

He doesn't believe in personal prepping. "God will provide . . . "

Sigh. cue the story of the guy on the housetop in a flood . . . with two boats and a copter offering help . . . LOL.

Regardless of how many of us prep more or less to the best of our ability . . . none of us will be fully thoroughly prepped to the max possible.

None of us can be prepared for all contingencies.

And there will STILL be thousands and more who haven't prepped a bit.

It's easy to say. . . they are . . . out of luck . . . and millions will be . . .

But some degree of thoughtful planning could save thousands of lives . . . at least for a time.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
If the Salvation Army were a real army, this might have a chance.
However, passing out fliers to the neediest of inner city dwellers detailing the location of supplies will backfire, unless under heavy guard.

Even then, complete collapse really just leaves rich targets, doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
If our local city govs could get together with the local businesses, military and hospitals, and make a program to cover this contingency and then disseminate information about it to the local community, it'd be great. why is everyone collectively sitting on their hands?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
ahhhh that's funny.......LOL Get real

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699

that's what i'm doing. i'm not just sitting here waiting to die, nor am i willing to sit and watch others die. i don't see the point of our local governments not making any kind of preparations.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It's a nice idea but I'd imagine within an hour the places would be ransacked by well armed groups who have those places on their SHTF places to visit to grab last minute stuff and they'll be WELL armed and not giving a crap about anyone else who gets in their way so you can image what the couple of 'security' guys and the 3 people running the place will experience if they do anything other than hand over the keys and say good luck while running away

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

If every charitable store did this, they would save millions of lives, and completely remove the need for massive looting and violence.

In a perfect world, sure...

But, the post SHTF world is going to be completely opposite to a perfect world. All you would have done is to create HUGE TARGETS for these gangs...one-stop shopping. Such locations would be slaughterhouses and gang stockpiles in no time flat.

The best thing a poor person can do for SHTF survival is make friends with someone who lives outside of the major cities, and have a skill to bring to the table, should some kind of event go down. Then, get out of the city (even if just on foot), and make it to that place.

You realize of course, that you're depending on the SAME people (those who CAUSED the crisis you refer to, in the first place) to save the poor folks? A bit idealistic, don't you think?

edit on 19-8-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
good idea, problem is people would go looting and tearing up such locations also... and perhaps making it a bigger problem. i think the best way is so save seeds,,, stock pile canned foods,,, water,,,, emergency kits, medicine etc.... hide them real good, hopefuly outside of main cities....

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
When will a crisis be called a crisis? Who shall make the call?

In the event that a certain group of vagabonds claim there to be a crisis of note, should the charitable institution give them what they need, or what they want?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
OK, I agree with the idea of survival after collapse ..... well economic the lights and power will still be on.... food scarce and much violence from hungry people can be expected ..... secondly your neighbors who are hungry might want what you have .....

while I agree with Rabbit that a co-operative effort to survive would be needed .... the brains of a collective are usually stronger than one ...

I would not need a collective to survive but to thrive and grow.......

if you think about it the Internet is a collective mind of billions ......

spend an hour a week looking at youtube videos to understand the basics of pump and mechanical designs which will go along way to giving you the knowledge to survive but also build some of the contraptions like a basic ram pump ......

learn, try it out to understand the basics so you can rig it up out of the material at hand .....

hide your food away from where your staying too .. if you get raided then retreat and regroup to bug out if you have too

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

The best thing a poor person can do for SHTF survival is make friends with someone who lives outside of the major cities, and have a skill to bring to the table, should some kind of event go down. Then, get out of the city (even if just on foot), and make it to that place.

edit on 19-8-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

I can't agree with this any more than anything. And for those looking to that escape path; just hope you aren't beaten by many more before you. I really wonder about these kind of situations.

Personally in my opinion I would choose to live far off the beaten road where most people are too out of shape to walk.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
none of this doom and gloom would be necessary if there was already a contingency plan in place for everyone. if we sit here and let this thing melt down, we will have willfully taken part in the deaths of millions of people just out of a desire to not have to share the planet with people we may disagree with, for whatever reason. that is not acceptable.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by spartacus699

that's what i'm doing. i'm not just sitting here waiting to die, nor am i willing to sit and watch others die. i don't see the point of our local governments not making any kind of preparations.

Society seems to be based on those with the biggest sticks rule. So right now we are dominated by police and the army. That's one reason why we obey the law. But take those away and all the food, utilities and resources and then what happens is the next biggest group with guns rule. They'll end up deciding what happens to any stock piled resources. And it won't be evenly distributed that's for sure. It would simply be a free for all.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

precisely, and this is my point: it doesn't have to be like that.
if there was a plan in place, where the local businesses agreed to donate time money and necessary items to keep the infrastructure intact, during such a crisis, the crisis' impact would be curtailed dramatically. in effect, the military could still function to defend the country, the police would still function to protect the citizens as would the fire departments, hospitals, food stores and so on. but without a plan of some sort in place, we're just asking for millions of people to be slaughtered, most specifically, children, women and the elderly and especially in high population areas.

why is this even an argument. left as is, all that would be left to inherit the earth is men. their female relatives, children and elderly relatives would all be dead. i dunno about you, but that doesn't sound like much of a future.

edit on 20-8-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
I have been pondering the situation many may find themselves in if the usa crashes hard, financially. This will effect the entire globe in a very negative way. The poor would be the first to feel the impact and in the worst way. However, they are at least accustomed to living by the seat of their pants and would not be as negatively impacted by the change, overall, as the more affluent.

The problem is, the largest populations of the impoverished are stuffed into major metropolitan areas and as a result, anyone living in those areas can assume that anything they have as a personal possession will soon become the property of roaming gangs of looters -- they will not spare even their own poverty stricken community members, so don't think that just because you're poor or a minority, that they won't come pay you a visit and take your baby's enfamil supply or your electronic devices, tools, wallet, artwork, food, jewelry, magazines, anything that isn't bolted down (and in some cases, even things that are bolted down!), and perhaps even your life.

THIS DOES NOT NEED TO HAPPEN! And this is where my idea comes in, observe:

Every city has several charitable stores in the usa, such as Good Will or Salvation Army. These organizations take in donations and then sell them to others for sharply decreased prices. We need to convince them to set aside storage space on their store properties to hold food and medicine donations, and then to distribute fliers to their local communities, informing everyone that in the event of a state, national or global crisis where the food and medicine distribution chain has broken down, that they can come to the store and get a kit, containing food and medicine sufficient for their family size, free of charge. If every charitable store did this, they would save millions of lives, and completely remove the need for massive looting and violence.

I thought this was what FEMA was made for... Oh wait nevermind!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

if there was a plan in place

Oh, you can bet there's a plan in place. But it certainly doesn't have you or I in mind....

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I think if the shtf they've done studies and within like 90 days some people will turn to canabalism. There won't be much room for civility once people are starving and there's nothing in place to stop this. And sure you could have some system in place, that might prolong things a bit but once things break down then it will become a free for all.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Depends on the event. If the SHTF event doesn't cripple the military or government in any way, then we'll simply see martial law, and prison camps to keep the peace in the big cities. Eventually, they'll work out to rural areas and either commandeer farms, or at least force taxation to supply the camps.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
if every major city had a couple hydroponic farm towers, this would not be an issue. if efforts were made to create an emergency safety net and have as part of that contingency, kits that could be distributed to people, where they could also create mini hydroponic farms - i mean all you need are some windows that get light a few hours a day and you can string up a series of growing containers with several plants in each window like the video i posted earlier, shows.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join