It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post and run Ahhhhggggggggggg

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I admit am guilty of doing that ..
1. english my second language and am rusty on it - read / write it better than speak it gives me headaches trying translate at times .
2. Some I post just to get people to stop and think .. dont really expect reply

no offense meant with my posting style .

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lindarm
reply to post by cody599

Some of us have a life.Some of us work.

I find that rather offensive to be honest

I work 6 days a week, support 2 kids from a previous marriage, and my new wife, I pay the mortgage, the bills and still try to put money aside for fun.

I play in a band for extra cash and have a great network of friends, but if I post a thread I make sure if possible that I have time to answer at least the first few replies.

Do not presume to know me sir/madam.

Whilst I enjoy ATS as a distraction I have a busy and full life putting bread on the table for my family.

It's now 6:15 AM where I am, I've been up since 5:00 AM sorting and arranging my day, I now have my special 1/2 hour that is mine alone before I leave for work.
It's a shame I've had to use some of it to reply to such an offensive ill thought out comment.

Cody

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I don't think it is to much to ask that someone who writes a thread stick around and reply, however...I think it is equally rude to not reply no matter how long you stick around initially and anyone that takes the time to write a thread does not want to stick around and watch it be trashed immediately after spending 3 hours writing it....or doesn't want to be disappointed in the lack of attention when it disappears from the new topic screen too quickly due to a proliferation of new threads that push it off....but really...Cody ...a rant hardly seems necessary....I mean I don't personally get a great deal of satisfaction from lack of replies after spending time and effort on a thread, but I have written enough to know that a great deal of those that do reply do not even bother reading the actual post, rather they react to the title and the first sentence....they don't take the time to research what was written, often they miss the point entirely and go off on some ridiculous tangent that doesn't even begin to grasp the intent.

Anyway I don't even think the "TIME" is accurate when you look at someone's profile.
edit on 19-8-2013 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Some threads are for your information................they require no great discussions.....so I move on.....
Some threads are for my own headspace and the ensuing discussion is what they are about...
Some threads are just for a laugh...whats to reply?
Some threads are rants, and they require a few replies but they are also for the consideration of the other members.....
Some threads that cheese me off, are the linked ones that have little or no OP input.....just a link to some subject.
with no OP opinion or comment, perhaps these are the same ones that bug you?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Yep

Those one line and a link posts are a bit of a joke
I generally follow the link

But is it too much to ask to put down some background info as well

Cody

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Trolling your own thread or any thread for that matter can kill it pretty quick, it means you most likely want to get your point across and drive it home at each reply, rather than have an open discussion on the presented topic.

I have made a thread just to throw something out there that I have little interest in discussing, but found interesting and knew it would be up ATS alley but don't abandon it entirely until it's way out of discussion that's kinda rude... but no Yahoo news headlines ever... if you wanna rant try authoring that one.
Those posters are just cutting and pasting for easy stars and flags, maybe quite a few of those are post and runs... I don't even bother looking because I already saw it when I logged out of email and scanned headlines.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I've been guilty of the same, Cody. Usually when I do it, it is because I started nodding off at my keyboard
I'm usually a late night ATSer.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I get what you're getting at, and probably most of the time, its someone who could hang out in their thread for awhile, but not everyone can.

I'm not much of a thread-starter (probably mainly based on my time availability), but I've thrown a couple out there and would just check in quickly a few times a day. In order to hop on the internet beyond a quick work break with the "smart" phone here and there, or watch a Netflix show (gave up on having cable tv - its like paying $1200 per season of Game of Thrones) - I need to sacrifice part of my 5 hours max of sleep.

I'm not complaining (oh yes I am lol) just sayin'...there was a time when I could spend hours a day on the net. Now I work 80+ hrs/week, have a 1 year old boy, and a bleep-ton of bleep that needs doing around the house. So for those of you with schedules a little more like mine is these days, throw your thread up proudly while you sneak off from your desk to poop, but at least come back around and check in when you're stuck at that 15-minute freight train later, or when you're the passenger instead of the driver, and for goodness sake, quit sleeping 8+ hours a night! You're making me jealous ; )

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
It seems to be the fashion now on ATS to post a thread and sign off

I think it's worth pointing out that people who seem to have signed off ATS have not necessarily signed off ATS.
The site has a quirk which can sometimes be misleading.

Go to Recent Posts and check the very latest post, the one that popped up in the last two seconds.
It's very possible that you will see a notice on the poster's mini-profile saying that he was on ATS five minutes ago.
Or again, post something yourself, and then look to the left at your own mini-profile. There's a good chance that you will be informed that you yourself were on ATS five minutes ago.
This sometimes happens and sometimes not, I don't know why.
Once it has given that message, you may be on display for anything up to half an hour as having left the site five minutes before your most recent post (though if you post again, ATS is willing to acknowledge that you have returned).

The point is that at least some of these alleged hit-and-run artists may not be guilty as charged.

edit on 20-8-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
PS "Was on ATS five minutes ago" sometimes means that somone had gone into edit to write a reply, implying that a new post from that user is going to pop up any second now.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

Hi Dave long time no see how's it going ? I'm guilty as well if I find something worth posting just as I run out the door but if so I always start.

Sorry to post and run

Cody

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

Thanks that made me laugh
Cody

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
PS "Was on ATS five minutes ago" sometimes means that somone had gone into edit to write a reply, implying that a new post from that user is going to pop up any second now.

Thanks

That explains a lot, I hadn't realised that

Cody

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

My problem is that Dark is on more than I am.

Trying to share a computer and keep up is hard sometimes.

That and I have had problems trying to post.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RosesAreRed

Roses

Yeah you're exception to the rule

Luckily for me Mrs C has forgotten her password

So I get to hog the pc whilst she reads and studies on the laptop, one day we'll remember the other exists

That'll be interesting

Cody

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

hey. I do not always stick around. I post things up that I think are intresting and come back and read and reply when I can. I simply do not have enough hours in the day...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Sometimes it's just a PITA to track. I respond to threads that I've posted on/started YEARS later sometimes, but ONLY on other forums not ATS.

Why? Because I get email notifications to subscribed threads w.previews of what was added, wether or not I was quoted/replied to or it was just an addition and a convenient link to that spot.

ATS is the only forum I know of and have been a part of that doesn't offer some sort of subscribed option.

If it can be done someone PM me cuz I probably won't be checking this thread again lol

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join