It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post and run Ahhhhggggggggggg

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

It's showing that he's on ATS now for me

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

No I'm not

It's a conspiracy

Cody

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Between thesmokingman and Cody, at least this rant has become entertaining.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I don't create topics, even though i think of good ones at times

i attempt to always reply to anyone who replies to me though

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

One aims to please

The point methinks was made

Did you hear the one about ..............................

Cody

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Hey gurl

See you in the coffee thread soon

Just need to phone my son .................. It's his birthday

Cody

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Some people come across some interesting news and just want input into what others think. More than a Tweet, but less than a well written OP with all the supporting evidence and collected views on the material.

In my mind these are two completely different type posts and warrant different attention levels. If you reply to a discussion type thread it's unspoken you keep up with the conversation. The other type of post just needs a look-see and maybe you have an opinion on it, maybe you don't?

Checking to see if someone I want to dialog with is unrealistic since ATS members are global. With a site this large I'd never expect to be in a "real time" thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have found that there are more than a single post here on ATS, sometimes at the same time. I will be the first to admit that if one thread is more fascinating to me than the first, I may forget about the first. For that I make a blanket apology.

ATS and its members are undoubtedly the smartest in the world.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NightFlight

I must agree

Now I must run

Thank you all for your input

Cody

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If i do a thread i always try to comment individually back to the people who commented. But sometimes i may just reply near the end to everyone in general. Now where's that jello pool?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
i posted a thread this morning and stated i was going to my bed but would come back later to reply which i did but i hate making threads due to my dyslexia but i always star a member for answering me no matter what

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Darth's sorting it out Doc

I'll leave you in her capable hands

Cody

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

You and I both

Never be afraid to post we have an answer to the grammar nazi's

Cody

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yes. At least stick around if you are asking a question or posing a hypothetical question. It drives me crazy when people do that and I usually start getting sarcastic with them, or don't even bother replying to what may have been an interesting thread.

Oh well, that's the nature of the ATS beast.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'll admit I have been guilty of this on several occasions, but after spending hours writing a thread I need a break, also I have other things to do and can't be around 24/7.

I would think that the majority of others have the same argument, unless you're referring to threads that take only a minute to write and then they seem to disappear. I think maybe those members might be anxious as to the reception their thread might get.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Have to say, while I don't post much, I do read and on many occasions someone's written something so flipping witty I damn near destroyed my laptop snorting a beverage!!

Actually some posts I've seen deserve their own billboards, bumperstickers or T-shirts.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Sure there's a lot of hit and run posters. The majority of posters on ats similar to real life will not be persuaded by facts. You can argue with them and add about 3 pages more but it really doesn't contribute to the thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I think the biggest problem is that there's no indication to tell when or if someone ever replies to you, and if you do find out, so much time may have passed that it's not really worth replying.

Unless I'm missing some feature that ATS has to indicate when you've been replied to

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

A friend and I had this chat actually. It's like this. As life gets busier and busier people start multitasking more and more. They don't have time to constantly be checking who replies back. That time in which they'd have to wait is too valuable. The same thing happens when you're texting. You're usually not waiting around to see how soon they'll get back to you. You know in you mind you might check back in like 5 or 10 minutes or maybe you keep your ringer on like most phone slaves and so you know when they txt back. But inbetween you're doing stuff. Same with the forums. So that's my 2 cents. Now don't expect me to check back for at least 24 hrs.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Some of us have a life.Some of us work.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join