It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians and UFO abductions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I've been thinking about this a bit lately as, well, I'm not sure but there has been some strange things happening in my life recently. I just want to share some thoughts and this forum seems the best out there now to post in.

TLDR: Jesus is the Son of God, the Father, creator and Lord of all universes. All creatures are subject to Him in one way or another and prayer is the best way to deal with any situation.

There are a number of reports that the alien abduction phenomenon is wider spread than most believe. There have surely been Christians who have been abducted and may or may not be aware of it. Certainly Christians are aware of it happening regardless. How is a Christian to address this subject? I have thought on this a while now and have some advice to anyone who finds themselves in or near this situation. I hope it's inspired information.

The first trap not to get caught in is believing that we are dealing with one threat. We are not. There are a number of extraterrestrial forces that we are dealing with, from spiritual beings of bad intent (demons) to creatures of good will (maybe). Therefore, the only way to start the discussion for a Christian is with prayer. Prayer is the biggest weapon, maybe the only weapon, any human being has against any of these threats.

Start right now by praying for discernment. The Father will always know the best way to deal with any situation, but remember how Jesus's disciples were confused because they couldn't cast out a demon? Jesus instructed them that the demon could only be cast out by prayer and fasting. They chose the wrong method because they didn't understand the nature of the demon, and because they were weak in faith. Jesus was able to discern the type and then address it. So the first step in dealing with any extraterrestrial being is to understand the type of creature you're dealing with.

If you find yourself confronting demons or spiritual beings, then by all means, cast them out in Jesus's name. His name has power over all demonic forces, just be advised that even Christ's disciples failed at this task. You will need great faith to confront these forces. Do not take it lightly.

But discernment is only part of it because that puts a lot on you, and it's not about you. It's not about choosing the right weapon to fire at them. Your only task is to have faith in the Father to deliver and protect you. That's all that counts. This is not our fight, it is the Fathers. The point of discernment is to not fool yourself into thinking you're going to cast out a physical being, and attempting it won't get you very far. You can't cast out an entity from itself! Always remember that aliens are physical beings, creatures, not gods or God, or even demons in this case, despite what many in the religious community want to classify them all as.

Does it mean that if you pray for deliverance from a UFO that all of a sudden you'll find yourself transported to safety? No. The Fathers will is in effect in every situation, and just like Christians have found themselves in the mouth of a lion or the hands of a murderer, so it's possible to find yourself in the hands of an alien presence. Always remember that all creatures are subject to the Father, creator of Heaven and Earth.

If you feel you're the victim of physical beings, then pray for protection. Using a familiar phrase, the best offense is a good defense. While you may not be able to control them or cast them off by simply invoking the name of Jesus, Jesus does have an army of angels at his command, and stories of angelic protection and intervention are as numerous as UFO sightings. There is no better defense than an army of angels parked outside your home. Pray every night that the Father will send His angels to guard your house. The aliens will not have power to confront them, no mater how powerful they appear to be to us.

But always remember that the Father's plans are beyond us, and this is certainly a big topic. He may chose to let the abduction take place for any number of reasons. In this event, do not feel that God has abandoned you. If you are in this situation, do not abandon your prayer. Jesus will come to you and comfort you even in this dark situation. Make no mistake, any being who takes you in the dark of night to experiment on you, for whatever reason, is not of God. But as I said above, even though they have great technology and may have been born on another planet or even a different universe, they are still creatures, and your situation is no different than being in the hands of a murderer. You may find your body paralyzed, but your mind will be awake and in panic. Pray. Enter yourself into deep prayer. Jesus will comfort you and get you through it. He is faithful and just; no power in Earth or Heaven or any other universe or dimension can take His children from His hands.

Don't discount the above if you don't believe in Christ or God. If you are an abductee, call out to God anyway. There is nothing Earthly that will save you or protect you. Jesus is still there waiting for you. Pray for deliverance, pray for comfort in these moments, and let Him reveal His power to you. You can deal with your sins later. Don't think for a second because you've lived a less than perfect life He won't answer your call. He loves all Humanity. I honestly don't know what relationship aliens might have with the Father, but they are no greater or less than us in the grand scheme of things. Pray for all creatures to know the Father. There are probably many different alien situations that we can only guess at right now.

In Christs Name, be well

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Really?! Since when does praying to some invisible man in the sky and to a dead carpenter give you some security from getting probed by little green men.

It's silly when you think about it. Assuming that ET are like us, they would likely not bat an eye towards prayer, or find it annoying that such a species sticks to foolish ideas (in their eyes). Praying for protection from an ET will bring you no protection in the end anyways. They would have their ways to make you think that the prayers are working though, but get you in your sleep when you least expect it.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidFire
Really?! Since when does praying to some invisible man in the sky and to a dead carpenter give you some security from getting probed by little green men.

Because He's not dead. If you're just here to troll, ok, enjoy yourself, but in this forum, we believe Jesus is alive and well, and interacting with and protecting his children. Seek Him, and you may find a few new answers you hadn't thought of before.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRSeeker

Originally posted by VoidFire

Because He's not dead. If you're just here to troll, ok, enjoy yourself, but in this forum, we believe Jesus is alive and well, and interacting with and protecting his children. Seek Him, and you may find a few new answers you hadn't thought of before.

First of all, I'm not trolling, or a Troll. It's a serious question. Being open minded means to at least take another's opinion into mind and discuss upon it rationally. You're over reacting, it's a public forum, I'm allowed to state my opinion. If you want to label me a troll because my view upsets you, so be it.

Edit: Not everyone here is Religious, or believes in a God or Jesus, so don't go forcing your beliefs on others because their views are different from yours.
edit on 18-8-2013 by VoidFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

but in this forum, we believe Jesus is alive and well,

This forum is for the discussion of religion as a whole. Not strictly limited to those who believe "Jesus is alive and well" only.

Through the use of genetics, we were created in the likeness and image of an advanced civilization that came to this world. They artificially impregnated Mary, and flew around in their chariots.

In John 18:36, Jesus himself said:

"My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But my kingdom is from another place."

Where could Jesus' kingdom possibly be? Christians will say "heaven" (the sky), but what's in the heavens/sky? Other stars and other.......planets.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Well said, I do like the idea of the ancient alien theory though. Either way, it doesn't mean I'd be religious because I find that theory interesting for the idea that Jesus could be a hybridized or genetically modified species.

I do think Aliens had some part in our development though.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
When I said this forum, I wasn't referring to all of ATS, just this particular forum, and you're right, this is not a Christian only forum, but I put Christian in the title to specifically talk to Christians. I assume you replied to the thread to degrade Christians, since well, we do believe He is a living being. Kind of a core tenant of our faith.

But reply as you like. I don't see anything that you've said that relates to my post I need to reply to. I would suggest you look into the many stories of angels who have helped or protected Christians and believers through the ages. Granted, we don't exactly have video like UFO stories do, but that doesn't take away from them.

And in all the NDE's I've read, not once has anyone returned to the petri dish of an alien vessel.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

When I said this forum, I wasn't referring to all of ATS, just this particular forum, and you're right, this is not a Christian only forum, but I put Christian in the title to specifically talk to Christians. I assume you replied to the thread to degrade Christians, since well, we do believe He is a living being. Kind of a core tenant of our faith.

But reply as you like. I don't see anything that you've said that relates to my post I need to reply to. I would suggest you look into the many stories of angels who have helped or protected Christians and believers through the ages. Granted, we don't exactly have video like UFO stories do, but that doesn't take away from them.

And in all the NDE's I've read, not once has anyone returned to the petri dish of an alien vessel.

I did not reply to degrade anybody, but to throw in my opinion on the matter. Though you may have put "christians" in the title, that does not mean that only christians can reply. It's not good either way to limit responses to one group anyways.

My first reply does relate to your post, in regards to prayer and alien abduction, and as I said, I was stating my opinion on your post whilst staying on topic.

Edit: Even so, this is the Religion and Theology sub-forum. You're going to have many folks from differing walks of life and beliefs on here, non religious or not, whether you like it or not.
edit on 18-8-2013 by VoidFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
OP, you have two different scenarios, one dealing with spiritual forces and one dealing with physical beings from another system. Then you throw into the mix those that believe in Christ and those that do not. With these variables the outcome of any given situation is going to be different. Even among the Christians, you have those that are so in name only and those that are born again true believers. Then even further, the true born again believer must realize the authority given them by Jesus when dealing with spiritual beings or the outcome once again will be a mixed bag.

Those that understand the authority given them and know how to use it are left alone and those that do not are fair game. Remember there were those that tried to cast out demons in Jesus name but were not true believers and got told, Paul we know (he had authority given him), who are you? where upon they got beat up. They had no authority and paid the price for it.

The other posters are correct, in asking how would saying the name of Jesus be of any use to them as they do not believe in him? The answer is; of no use as they have no authority in using the name.

Secondly, if dealing with an "ET" what would make one think that they would be subjected to the use of Jesus name? You have mixed apples with oranges by mixing spiritual with physical. Would the angelic host protect someone that does not believe in them? I doubt it. Even Jesus said you must believe God is if you want Him to help you when you ask for His help. Why would anyone ask for help from someone they do not believe exists?

My point is; you have told people they can get out of an abduction by using the name of Jesus or calling upon God for help when they do not believe in either one. Simply put you cannot use that which you have no authority to use or call upon someone that you do not believe exists.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MRSeeker

You may find your body paralyzed, but your mind will be awake and in panic. Pray. Enter yourself into deep prayer. Jesus will comfort you and get you through it. He is faithful and just; no power in Earth or Heaven or any other universe or dimension can take His children from His hands.

I agree with you all the way in your post. I just wonder why "aliens" or how they choose who they do abduct in the first place?

Maybe some are good and some are very bad, as in some with God and some with Satan. After all, 1/3 of the angels followed Satan. And if Gods' throne came down to earth and Ezekiel encountered it, then why wouldn't Satan's minions have such technology also. Just wondering.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This is one of those 'aliens aren't aliens but are really demons' threads .... right?
Sorry, but science says that there probably are aliens.
The Drake equation pretty much does the math on it.
Aliens are real. Demons are real too. But they aren't one in the same.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
This is one of those 'aliens aren't aliens but are really demons' threads .... right?

Besides, Humans are technically aliens as well to other ET species.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

No, it's really not. And I think some of you are misinterpreting me. I am discussing two aspects, but as I said in the first paragraph or two, we are not dealing with a uniform alien presence. I am acknowledging that not all aliens are demons, but I am also agreeing that demons do exist, and how you respond to each is what I was trying to point out.

I don't mean to be flipant to say read it again, but the whole point was that you will not be able to cast out a physical alien presence by invoking Jesus's name. That just won't work.

But, I do believe in Jesus, and as I said in the post, angelic intervention has as much anecdotal evidence as UFOs. And angels have been known to safeguard believers. There are many stories where the person being protected had no idea there was an angel nearby, but the would-be attackers swore up and down that they saw someone with the intended victim and didn't attack. Yes, anecdotal, but still, angels don't really sit well for photographs.

This is also not a "put your faith in angels" post either, this is just suggesting that if you believe in Jesus and you might suspect that you are being abducted, don't let it shake your faith, and ask Him to send angels for protection.

I hope that clears up my intent. And the last paragraph of my OP, well, I don't want anyone to think God won't answer their prayers if they are inclined to call on Him.
edit on 19-8-2013 by MRSeeker because: clarification

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Booshka
reply to post by MRSeeker

You may find your body paralyzed, but your mind will be awake and in panic. Pray. Enter yourself into deep prayer. Jesus will comfort you and get you through it. He is faithful and just; no power in Earth or Heaven or any other universe or dimension can take His children from His hands.

I agree with you all the way in your post. I just wonder why "aliens" or how they choose who they do abduct in the first place?

Maybe some are good and some are very bad, as in some with God and some with Satan. After all, 1/3 of the angels followed Satan. And if Gods' throne came down to earth and Ezekiel encountered it, then why wouldn't Satan's minions have such technology also. Just wondering.

I kind of felt led to post this after a very strange dream I had that really, I don't know if it actually happened or not. I've also been reading a bit more on how the gov't may be far more involved than we realize, and then I felt that we may have no idea how many people are being abducted. The number could surprise us because most people don't seem to realize it until some random trigger happens, and we can't always predict that.

So I just wanted to post something that may help someone who is just not sure what might be going on in their life, and maybe help my own interests.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron
My point is; you have told people they can get out of an abduction by using the name of Jesus or calling upon God for help when they do not believe in either one. Simply put you cannot use that which you have no authority to use or call upon someone that you do not believe exists.

No, that wasn't what I was saying. Please read again. I specifically said that won't work against a physical alien being, any more than walking into a bar full of bikers and calling them all sinners and trying to cast them out of the bar by screaming Jesus's name at them. The only thing that will get cast out is you! Though you might touch a heart or two, and that is the real power that Jesus brings... but that's another discussion.

I know I took a few paragraphs to get to it, but I was definitely describing two scenarios. And just in case you ever get in trouble that is beyond you, don't hesitate to call on God. He'll listen.
edit on 19-8-2013 by MRSeeker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join